Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to expect court summon DC

Options
  • 06-07-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hi, i'm due to appear on a DC summons in a couple weeks time and wondering what to expect, haven't found much useful info yet.

it is for "failiure to produce NCT".
    let me quickly say I was stopped back in jan, paid the due fine,have receipt;
    presented insurance papers as asked within 10days,have receipt.
    never a word about nct, it was valid and ticket was on the car at time i was stopped and renewed since. was never asked to produce it.
    i believe it is all down to some paper error but contacting the issuing Garda has been no use.
    I have no intention of spending money on a solicitor for such a trivial issue

I am interested in knowing what is the usual procedure, how is one called in? do u have to swear some form of oath? If I have documents I want to show as proof how is this done?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Turn up in court, wait till your case is called and show the judge your documents and your case will be struck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

kneemos wrote: »
    Turn up in court, wait till your case is called and show the judge your documents and your case will be struck off.

Exactly. Or contact the guard and show it to him and heel have it struck out. as long as hes not in the traffic core cause they tend to be awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aoife.sere

thanks, i tought so aswell.

I went to the garda station the same day i received the summon on two occasions, both times i was told it would be struck out but need to speak to the person who issued it and the Garda in question was off on hols.
    I moved that week so had no occasion to go back in, but put it all in writing and sent to said Garda never heard back.

my real worry is what to expect in court as never had to do with this before, dont want to go in and say the wrong thing or do something not supposed to and end up fined anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You should'nt have much to say.You will get the jist of it by seeing other people go through the motions. turn up on time and turn off your phone.

Advertisement