Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

just played my first bit of sc2 in 3-4 months

Options
  • 27-06-2012 8:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

**** protoss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

:D what do you play as? im terran bronze if you ever wanna practice, im pretty avg but i has my moments,

i'd the same thing happen i didnt play from nov 11 till the end of may this year, its hard to get back in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I also started laddering for the first time since season 1.

It turns out that not playing for 7 seasons makes you utterly ****:)

Playing random doesnt help either!

Silver, the color of shame :(

i had that, season 1+2 then nothing til season 5 then the end of season 7 now were in 8 and for a while i was in the top 8 in bronze but went on a losing streak that left me not feeling the game now im top 25

also how can we get more activity here there are 151 or so id posts and no one ever in the forums to shoot the breeze with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

i had that, season 1+2 then nothing til season 5 then the end of season 7 now were in 8 and for a while i was in the top 8 in bronze but went on a losing streak that left me not feeling the game now im top 25

also how can we get more activity here there are 151 or so id posts and no one ever in the forums to shoot the breeze with.

Check the IRC.

If you ever wanna practice tell me, I'm Orizio 980, but message me here first to organise. I'm a plat T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SeantheMan 705,

I'm in Bronze, but working my way up, so will be happy to play and praccy with ye :D

• Advertisement

done and done :p see you there tonight if you're on mate i'm on for an hour or 2 from 5:30 most days, what do you play btw?

Orizio wrote: »
    Check the IRC.

If you ever wanna practice tell me, I'm Orizio 980, but message me here first to organise. I'm a plat T.

i'll give it a go sometime mate, dont know how i'd fare against someone thats managed to get through to platinum though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Name and code digby ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

As someone who played RA2 at a really high level it pains me to be so bad at SC2

anyway if anyone wants to practice
    My id is KearyXC and code is 503
    Bronze

mine is jonasvalent 915 i do beleive its in the sticky xios done up too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

NTMK wrote: »
    As someone who played RA2 at a really high level it pains me to be so bad at SC2

anyway if anyone wants to practice
    My id is KearyXC and code is 503
    Bronze

RA2 had very little micro in comparison. It was purely unit composition so it was alot more rock scissors paper than sc2.

Your also have stuff like the sentry that can hold off much bigger armies. Controlling space becomes an issue where as it really wasn't in RA2. Closest thing in RA2 would be the desolator and thats stretching it.

It's simply a much deeper game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

**** protoss

Yes.

Advertisement