Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overhead Line along M1 between Swords/Balbriggan

Options
  • 27-06-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

I see the construction guys are back working on the new OHL that runs along the M1 towards Balbriggan (crosses the new MSA at Lusk). It has been under construction for years at this stage.

I think there was a problem with planning at the substation in Balbriggan where it was heading into so this held up the line construction but more of the lines are been stringed at the minute so there must be more movement on it.

Anyone have any details on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I heard a landowner refused access to allow them finish it before

Esbn told me the planning permission elapsed before

Stephenstown is like a ghost town, boarded up buildings/warehouses reducing the need for more power

Take yer pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

There definitely was some planning issues at the substation as I remember the telco infrastructure there was in need of an update but they were holding off on the planning app until the OHL planning was through but that was a good few years ago. Not sure what has held it to now and if it's all sorted now.

Advertisement