Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how would haveing passed 1st year of games development help??

Options
  • 26-06-2012 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

okay so iv passed first year of games development in lyit,
    but i proceeded to fail second year,
    basically id rather be closer to home,

so was wondering how haveing first year passed would help me in regards to applying to computeing courses in dundalk??

i should also add that the games development course in lyit is lv7, and in dundalk its lv8

so would there be any chance it would get me into 2nd year of the lv8? doubtful but i always tought lv7 wasnt much differnt from the lv8 in first year?

anyway any help would be appreciated,

suggestions as to what courses it could get me into 2nd year in, i rather not have to start from scratch,
    unless it was a lv 8, because ill only get a grant if its lv8 or 2nd year of lv7 as far as i know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Best to contact the college directly and ask, once your willing to pay the fee's for second year there shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

draffodx wrote: »
    Best to contact the college directly and ask, once your willing to pay the fee's for second year there shouldn't be an issue.

but if i was to get into the level 8 i wouldnt have fees, since i havent done a lv8, or so the grant office have told me anyway, be it year 1 or 2,

did email dkit, but no answer as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

derek.oreilly@dkit.ie

Head of the course there, more likely to get an answer from him!
    Give him a complete list of modules you did and your results and that should be all he'd need.

If you do make it to second year here, it'll be good having a new person in the class! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Better off ringing the college directly, you can then state the name of the person you want to contact and you should be put through to them.

Advertisement