Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

account suspended

Options
  • 24-06-2012 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

hi my paddy power account was suspended security are going to email me only set it up turned there free 5 euro bet into 250 and withdrew then it was suspended do they just want to verify my id or something ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

They don't like winners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

They don't like winners
    but will i get the money like i put in a withdrw logged out went to log back in and it was suspended withdrew 210 out of 250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What reason did they give you? Paddy power dont suspend accounts that win 250 euro

no reason was talking to live help they said it was a security issue security are going to email me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

swimfast wrote: »
    no reason was talking to live help they said it was a security issue security are going to email me ?

They only will want to run an i.d. check on you. Very simple process, you will get your money.

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    They only will want to run an i.d. check on you. Very simple process, you will get your money.
    oh alright thats grand any idea how long ill be waiting on this email ?

They contacted me straight away about it. Give them a ring is the fastest way to get this sorted. They will give you a number you can text pictures of required documents to.

They contacted me straight away about it. Give them a ring is the fastest way to get this sorted. They will give you a number you can text pictures of required documents to.
    i have more than 1 account though may be something to do with this didnt realise this wasnt allowed until last night

i have more than 1 account though may be something to do with this didnt realise this wasnt allowed until last night

You could run into bother so. You wouldn't have been entitled to the free bet if you already had an account probably. Ring them is the only job. Report back and let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

That's probably the problem so - the fact that you got a €5 freebet up to €250. You are only supposed to have one account with them (I can't say much though) - they might see it as taking advantage of free bets.

• Advertisement

You could run into bother so. You wouldn't have been entitled to the free bet if you already had an account probably. Ring them is the only job. Report back and let us know how it goes.
    ok will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Is there not a rule about having to turnover the money a certain amount of times? With sky you have to put the free bet through the roulette 20 times before you can withdraw it.

Is there not a rule about having to turnover the money a certain amount of times? With sky you have to put the free bet through the roulette 20 times before you can withdraw it.
    ye was a turnover of 50 times i completed that was left with 250 euro

BKC wrote: »
    That's probably the problem so - the fact that you got a €5 freebet up to €250. You are only supposed to have one account with them (I can't say much though) - they might see it as taking advantage of free bets.
    ye that probably is the case ill let you know how it goes at the end of the day im not really losing any money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Well done in that case! I hit green on the roulette before I got 20 rolls every time.

only thing is i withdrew before account was suspended withdrew 210 it would still be good if i got that ill watch my bank balance

How did you manage this? Well done.

How did you manage this? Well done.
    absolute jaminess on the slots :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd say it says on the T&C of the free bet that it was for new customers only, and if you had used the same IP address, and used the same betting style as your other account, they may copped that you were the same person, and thus suspended your second account.

Although they don't seem to state if they didn't allow this on their sign-up page for the "€50 free bet", so you may be able to claim innocence?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

the_syco wrote: »
    Although they don't seem to state if they didn't allow this on their sign-up page for the "€50 free bet", so you may be able to claim innocence?

Ignorance*

• Advertisement

perhaps going to wait on them to email me and see what happens

there latest response on live chat
    was that they will be in contact with me today it was suspended by the system so he cant tell me what problem is ?

this could be good

Discussion Thread
    Customer By Phone (Entered by StephenB) 25/06/2012 04.08 PM
    Hi Shane,

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.

We are sorry to have to inform you that your Sports Account with Paddy Power has been closed. The decision to close your account has been made by our Trading Department and based upon commercial grounds and does not in any way affect your credit worthiness.

Any ante-post bets, which you have outstanding, will be honoured and any winnings have been sent back to your card.

Paddy Power would like to thank you for your custom and wish you every success in the future.

If you have any further queries please click here to avail of our Live Help.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So basically, you won money so we're closing your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

it would of been nice to know the reason but at least you got the money, n1

I'm shocked they closed your account for winning on slots. Doesn't make much sense to me.

At least you got your money and sure you have another account with them so no harm done really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'm shocked they closed your account for winning on slots. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Agreed. I would have thought they would want to keep you if you played the slot machines a good few times.

Strange decision really... especially for just €250.

Advertisement