Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pratchett on Hay Sessions

Options
  • 19-06-2012 12:31pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those who have sky arts channel, this week's Hay Sessions features Terry Pratchett;

Hay Sessions 2012: Terry Pratchett ( 60 min )
    New. Fantasy author Terry Pratchett discusses his brilliantly inventive novels, inspiration and life in a candid conversation with Rob Wilkins. From the Telegraph Hay Festival 2012.

I see that it's on at 6am tomorrow (Wednesday), and again later in the week - presumably it's already been on and this is a repeat. I haven't seen it, so setting it to record is a must for me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

For those who have sky arts channel, this week's Hay Sessions features Terry Pratchett;

Hay Sessions 2012: Terry Pratchett ( 60 min )
    New. Fantasy author Terry Pratchett discusses his brilliantly inventive novels, inspiration and life in a candid conversation with Rob Wilkins. From the Telegraph Hay Festival 2012.

I see that it's on at 6am tomorrow (Wednesday), and again later in the week - presumably it's already been on and this is a repeat. I haven't seen it, so setting it to record is a must for me :D

Thanks! That's set to record. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭darraghdoyle

Oh to have Sky!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Terry was in good form, and looked very well. I know he has problems reading/writing etc., but in conversation he seems as sharp as ever.

He spoke a bit about the Long Earth, a new book co-written with Stephen Baxter, and about Dodger (another new non-discworld book) and The World of Poo (Snuff spin-off). I didn't hear him mention a new discworld book on the way, but I may have missed it if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

It was lovely to see him in conversation like that. He does look well, and he seems to have an easy comfortable friendship with Rob.

Would love to chat to him over dinner or something like that! He would be such interesting company, even if he was only talking about salt or something!

Advertisement