Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubliner kills two kids and walks free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Fuinseog wrote: »
    ...he actually works for Irish Nationwide
    Nice, any other personal details you'd like to publish?
    What, did this guy piss in your tea or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

So you're saying it could easily have happened to you then if you had other people in your car? Or are you one of the people who would always have full concentration while driving around with the wife and 2 friends in the car?

And yet you would have him hung drawn and quartered? Priceless :pac:

i do when i am driving around a place which has footpath actually. if there are people in the car who are acting the maggot when i am driving around town i will tell them to hush up

his actions to date are hardly praiseworthy.

Noone has "praised" him. You've got to get a grip of the situation here. He was involved in a horrific accident in which two children tragically were killed. He will have to live with that for the rest of his days. He travelled back home as any normal person would have, he was not remanded by the state of Hungary and did not do so illegally, it has been accepted by the Hungarian courts that he did not flee. He was found guilty in a court without even being present. He, as I would bet any person here would do, asked to carry out his sentence in Ireland.

Fcuking hell. Just because he didn't go on National Television reading a statement of remorse doesn't mean he hasn't suffered.

There is much more evidence in this thread that leads me to think the man should just be left alone to get on with his life.

allibastor wrote: »
    i do when i am driving around a place which has footpath actually. if there are people in the car who are acting the maggot when i am driving around town i will tell them to hush up

Well then what did your post mean exactly? was he "acting the maggot", did you read ResearchWill's post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Zulu wrote: »
    Nice, any other personal details you'd like to publish?
    What, did this guy piss in your tea or something?

it was actually in the Indo. do you work for him or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So you're saying it could easily have happened to you then if you had other people in your car? Or are you one of the people who would always have full concentration while driving around with the wife and 2 friends in the car?

How many people go around mounting footpaths at speed because the wife was nagging them? I agree not everyone can be perfect all of the time but that doesn't justify not taking reasonable care.

Noone has "praised" him. You've got to get a grip of the situation here. He was involved in a horrific accident in which two children tragically were killed. He will have to live with that for the rest of his days. He travelled back home as any normal person would have, he was not remanded by the state of Hungary and did not do so illegally, it has been accepted by the Hungarian courts that he did not flee. He was found guilty in a court without even being present. He, as I would bet any person here would do, asked to carry out his sentence in Ireland.

Fcuking hell. Just because he didn't go on National Television reading a statement of remorse doesn't mean he hasn't suffered.

There is much more evidence in this thread that leads me to think the man should just be left alone to get on with his life.

thats what he would like. you do the crime you do the time. enough sweeping under the carpet. he should have attended the trial. any decent person would have done so. as such he is a fugitive from the justice. we need standards in our country. i am sick and tired hearing of corrupt politicians. now we harbour fugitives.

it was actually in the Indo.
    Ah well then it's ok, what with the indo being such a bastion of moral behavior.
    do you work for him or what?
    Lol, yea I work for him. :rolleyes:

Jaysus wept he must really have done a job on you! What was it, didn't he call after that night of bliss? Did he dump you for her 13 years ago? That's some grudge you burden yourself with Fuinseog. It must get tiring.

Stark wrote: »
    How many people go around mounting footpaths at speed because the wife was nagging them? I agree not everyone can be perfect all of the time but that doesn't justify not taking reasonable care.

I completely missed the part where it said the wife was nagging him. I did notice the part where a car pulled out in front of him causing him to swerve. Of course due care should be taken, always, I didn't suggest for one second that it shouldn't, I was pulling a particular poster up on a specific post that made zero sense to me.

If you are asking how many car accidents there are - be assured they're very, very common.

• Advertisement

thats what he would like. you do the crime you do the time. enough sweeping under the carpet. he should have attended the trial. any decent person would have done so. as such he is a fugitive from the justice. we need standards in our country. i am sick and tired hearing of corrupt politicians. now we harbour fugitives.

You have decided he is a fugitive from justice. The high court however, has not. And I'll trust them over you thanks.

hear hear. if you get behind the wheel you assume a certain amount of responsibility. would we call it a horrible accident and try to forget about prosecuting him had he killed two irish kids in Dublin?

he should have attended the trial. any decent person would have done so.
    Was he issued a summons? I take it you have evidence that he was. I mean, you clearly have all the facts what with your stalkery grudge and whatnot.

You have decided he is a fugitive from justice. The high court however, has not. And I'll trust them over you thanks.

actually international law will decide.

hear hear. if you get behind the wheel you assume a certain amount of responsibility. would we call it a horrible accident and try to forget about prosecuting him had he killed two irish kids in Dublin?

I can say, hand on heart, that yes, if someone killed my two children in a car accident because of a simple and silly mistake, and I knew that they had to live the rest of their lives with that burden on their shoulders, I would not want him prosecuted.

Ah well then it's ok, what with the indo being such a bastion of moral behavior.

Lol, yea I work for him. :rolleyes:

Jaysus wept he must really have done a job on you! What was it, didn't he call after that night of bliss? Did he dump you for her 13 years ago? That's some grudge you burden yourself with Fuinseog. It must get tiring.

i just wonder why you come out in support of him.

i just wonder why you come out in support of him.
    I'm not supporting him. I'm just aghast at your evident vendetta, and pointing out how pathetic it is.

If anything, your vitriol for him is turning people to support him indirectly.

I can say, hand on heart, that yes, if someone killed my two children in a car accident because of a simple and silly mistake, and I knew that they had to live the rest of their lives with that burden on their shoulders, I would not want him prosecuted.

killing someone is a little more than a simple and silly mistake.

killing someone is a little more than a simple and silly mistake.

Not always.

Things can happen so easily and so quickly and have such disasterous consequences. The last thing I would want is his life and family torn apart, bad enough it happening to one family without two.

I'm not supporting him. I'm just aghast at your evident vendetta, and pointing out how pathetic it is.

If anything, your vitriol for him is turning people to support him indirectly.

how have I a vendetta, pray tell. I am merely highligting an injustice.

• Advertisement

how have I a vendetta, pray tell. I am merely highligting an injustice.
    Yea, sure, thats what you are doing. It's a shame your posts contradict you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

i believe its alleged that a car came from a side road and he moved to avoid it also it has not been made clear that he was speeding, he could very well have been traveling under the posted speed limit for that stretch of road, teh fact that he was not prosecuted for a speeding offense might be an indication that he was not traveling at excessive speed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm, not surprising that there's an awful lot of uninformed hysteria on here about this case from people who didn't take the time to acquaint themselves with the facts, and/or think the law should be simply subjective and remade afresh for every case.

Also: if I were this man, I would certainly seek to prevent my extradition too. And so would all those on their high horses condemning him for not voluntarily leaving his young family to spend three years in a foreign prison. The amount of self-righteous indignation on AH is staggering at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I think the full facts of the case have yet to emerge. why for example did he not give a statement immediately?

If you read what I posted, the Hardiman Judgemment he and the passangers in the Car all gave a statement on the side of the road straight after the accident, he then also gave a statement the next day in the police station. Is straight after the accident not quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DeWesterner

http://www.austriantimes.at/?id=25574 I wonder really, wouldn't have been easier for him just to man up to it and do that three years in jail? In that way the families could have carried on with the knowledge that nothing more they could have done, which is not the case now, because the perpetrator is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

He should face the music. No respect for the tosser whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

prinz wrote: »

Like you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Einhard wrote: »
    Like you would.

Er yes I would. I would rather serve the three years and at least be able to come home with my head held up rather than trying to weasel out of it.

http://www.austriantimes.at/?id=25574 I wonder really, wouldn't have been easier for him just to man up to it and do that three years in jail? In that way the families could have carried on with the knowledge that nothing more they could have done, which is not the case now, because the perpetrator is free.

From your link

Ireland has been slammed after once again postponing the trial of a highflying businessman who mowed down two children in a car accident in Hungary and then fled the country to avoid jail.

Hungry and Ireland both accept he did not flee the country, if he had, he would have been sent back thats what the case was about. This reports from papers in most cases do not in any reflect the reality of the events.

• Advertisement

prinz wrote: »

Can i ask did you read any of the SC judgements.

Advertisement