Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire Brigade's new medals

Options
  • 16-06-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I just thought you guys might be interested in this, a picture of the just recently awarded DFB Commemerative Service medals.

The medal on the left is for Dublin Fire Brigades 100 years of providing the Emergency Ambulance in Dublin, and on the right 150 years of the DFB itself

These where issued to all current serving and retired members of the DFB

20120606113601.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Contemporary history - thanks for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Resceu247

Many thanks, a question to the group I have searched high and low on the web looking for an Irish based company or organisation that has the know how and expertice to mount both the medals and the ribbons for me ?

Would anyone have any ideas of anyone that does that or places that can do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Do you mean that they should be mounted together on a bar for parade wear?

Is it really necessary - if not I would keep them in their original box if I were you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Resceu247 wrote: »
    Many thanks, a question to the group I have searched high and low on the web looking for an Irish based company or organisation that has the know how and expertice to mount both the medals and the ribbons for me ?

Ireland could be difficult. In Britain you have several companies such as
    http://www.awardmedals.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Step23

Id have no problem recommending you people in the UK who professionally mount medals. Only problem is getting ribbon, several inches would be needed for mounting, could you obtain ribbon, as most medal mounters might not have the ribbon needed in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jimmyharibo

Resceu247 wrote: »

ref people to mount medals in ireland, there are plenty of people who are capable, if you go to any barracks in dublin and approach the man on duty at the main gate and tell him you need the number of the lad who mounts their medals im sure he will get you that number in a few mins, they all get their medals mounted when they get home, even ring around the barracks and ask for the BOS or tell them what you need and they will be only too happy to help and your medals will be dont top quality and prob only cost 50 euro for the 2 medals to be mounted, if you have no luck let me know and ill make a few calls and get you a number

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gpj

iam ex dfb and would like to receivethis medal.where to apply, please

Advertisement