Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So,it's half four in the morning...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

WAs just starting to cook a fry at 3 and I heard glass, So I thought "Here's another random drunk on his way up the road", Till I looked out my window and realised it was some nutcase smashing windows farther up the block, He must have done some damage as there was a lot of glass breaking. But its nothing new to that house anyway.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Darned sleep, I wonder what'd be better: a drastically shortened lifespan but you spend it feeling perfectly awake 24/7 or a lengthened one where you spend a massive portion of your life asleep anyway (i.e the status quo)?

I'm just angry I can't stay up all night and then either feel guilty for sleeping away most of the next day or exhausted from getting so little sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I had the great idea of formatting all my hard drives and clean installing Windows and leaving myself a nice 20GB partition for Arch Linux for a bit of a mini project trying to get it set up and configured and designed to the bolix....

laptop then starts deciding to go to a black screen when switching on after installing windows.. remove second hard drive and laptop boots perfectly... last 4 hours have been spent trying to fix it so I can put my second hard drive back in... :(

refuse to go to sleep until I fix this though or until I jsut physically conk out...

why do I have to be a nerd :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I had the great idea of formatting all my hard drives and clean installing Windows and leaving myself a nice 20GB partition for Arch Linux for a bit of a mini project trying to get it set up and configured and designed to the bolix....

laptop then starts deciding to go to a black screen when switching on after installing windows.. remove second hard drive and laptop boots perfectly... last 4 hours have been spent trying to fix it so I can put my second hard drive back in... :(

refuse to go to sleep until I fix this though or until I jsut physically conk out...

Fair play for having determination. have you since managed to fix it? Best to do it in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

As much as animal violence is wrong and all that jazz

IF THOSE STUPID BIRDS DONT SHUT THE FCUK UP I WILL SHOOT THEM ALL, THIS IS NOT A SNOW WHITE MOVIE

yes, shouting is necessary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Just realised that it's a quarter to five and bright outside. Nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Sounds like you have formatting issues or bad sectors! Best thing to do is to run Linux off USB or CD so you can switch out drives and figure out what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

It's soo bright out, I think I might just get up. Anyone got any tips on surviving a day without sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Sounds like you have formatting issues or bad sectors! Best thing to do is to run Linux off USB or CD so you can switch out drives and figure out what's happening.

bootloader was deciding to install to my second hard drive and the computer didn't know what the **** was going on basically :p dunno why it was installing there and how I didn't notice it... could have broken the laptop when I noticed it though... :o

all is working again now with lovely Ubuntu 10.10 dualing booting with Windows 7 but Arch linux can suck a lemon... Pacman was broken or something along those lines - it's noted issue apparently so bleh - to much work trying to import keys to to install programs... Arch is on the shelf for the next few weeks until I get bored again...

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

bootloader was deciding to install to my second hard drive and the computer didn't know what the **** was going on basically :p dunno why it was installing there and how I didn't notice it... could have broken the laptop when I noticed it though... :o

all is working again now with lovely Ubuntu 10.10 dualing booting with Windows 7 but Arch linux can suck a lemon... Pacman was broken or something along those lines - it's noted issue apparently so bleh - to much work trying to import keys to to install programs... Arch is on the shelf for the next few weeks until I get bored again...

Archlinux is a bit of work alright, but persevere! I have tri-boot Arch, Windows 7 and Snow Leopard on my computer. Out of the 3, Archlinux runs the best (though you can't really judge OSX to harshly :P ).

Pacman + Yaourt > Apt-get :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I really do hate insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I really do hate insomnia.
    I f*cking love insomnia, nothing better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Me want sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Me want sleep!

Your not the only one, Haven't had a puff of the magic stuff in over a week so I know I won't sleep if I go to bed now. Sure even the birds are awake and singing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

They do some pretty decent coffee alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

It's late. I've spent the last few hours watching silly videos and stuff, y'know yourself... This means I'll sleep in again tomorrow and waste the whole day on nothing aaand the cycle continues! :( So okay to make up for it I'm totally not going to go on the internet all weekend!

See you all tomorrow then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'm still up watching Game of Thrones...time well spent? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm in work in 7 hours. I keep having nightmares everytime I doze off. Now I can't sleep at all. Yay.

I think it's time for bed; I'm at that extremely weird point of sleep deprivation where my mind conjures up all sorts of strange crap. Imagining a flock of birds chirping away to the melody of Elton John's Don't Go Breaking My Heart was amusing at first but it's probably more suited to the dream world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Looks like I'll be working a 12 hour shift with no sleep. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Is anyone online this evening? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Heno97

I ****ing love waking up at three in the evening

Heno97 wrote: »
    I ****ing love waking up at three in the evening
    Same :D

Fecking birds!

I can hear a donkey :L I live in an estate

One plus point of going to bed this late is that it reduces the chances of stubbing my toe on something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I have to get up in 3 hours.

****. :L

Why am I still awake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Can't sleep. Quite anxious about results now. It never feels like my best is good enough :(

Advertisement