Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!Examination Results :(

Options
  • 15-06-2012 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Okay so I got my exam results today and failed again.
    However last year when I got my transcript I got 36% for a subject but got the credits but it still said fail beside it, so I repeat last August failed again with 34% and got no credits on my transcript. This time I got 36% again, so will I get my credits again? and if so can I go into the next stage of my course?

I am so confused :confused:
    I have spent so long trying to get back into college and I fail again, how are you supposed to pass an exam if you are not allowed to attend lectures, and to attend lectures for one subject for one semester is like €1750 which is redic

The subject I failed is 7.5 credits so I can't even carry it because you need a minimum of 55 out of 60 to go onto the next stage and I only have 52.5 if I dont get the 7.5 from this subject

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What subject is it ?? Would you not of considered meeting with the lecturer and discussing what was covered how best to revise and cover the course. Practice past exam papers ?? If all else fails get grinds.

If you fail means you didn't put enough work in , sorry but that's the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

Little Pea wrote: »
    What subject is it ?? Would you not of considered meeting with the lecturer and discussing what was covered how best to revise and cover the course. Practice past exam papers ?? If all else fails get grinds.

If you fail means you didn't put enough work in , sorry but that's the truth.

Em excuse me but I spent nearly everyday since last august till may studying.
    I failed the exam because I wasn't allowed attend lectures, if you read the post correctly.
    I've done all the past papers hundreds of times over and over again and still every exam is completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dobelm

Hi,
    You would be best advised to attend consultation which is scheduled this week.
    That is better advice than any anonomous person on a forum can give you. ..

In any event, there were and are still some glitches with the printout of results. The printed off transcript should read ok but the emails and webmails can be confusing.

However in general, 40% is the pass mark for any subject. A student getting between 35 and 40% in one or two subjects, and passing all the other subjects well gets what is called a pass be compensation. This type of pass is available only on the first time doing all the subjects so is not available to a repeating student. - where the pass mark remains at 40%.
    Unfortunately, the record keeping software used to assign the credits whenever a student had got 35 % in any subject - whether they had passed by compensation or not. , This has I understand been corrected .

A student can repeat an exam in basically two ways :
    They can opt to reattend the entire subject and resubmit all the course work tests etc - This is expensive as it involves student capitation or they can choose to resit the examination alone. If the student takes this second method, then any old CA should be used in the calculation of their grade. One reason to attend consultation is to ensure that this has happened in your case. !

In some cases additional CA can be given over the summer - if possible , and this can assist the student in passing the autumn exam. Another good reason to go to consultation.

Advertisement