Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen - Cydoniac

Options
  • 11-06-2012 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Cydoniac is as my mother would say ‘a salt of the earth’ guy. Since I’ve known him (I can’t remember the exact date) Late 2011 I’ll say anyway, well he’s been one of the most sweetest, kindest guys I know. Smart, ambitious and a total hipster :P

Im a total fangirl of his band so it is a great honour to get to do his playpen intro! I’ll always have this to look back on when he’s famous. :cool: His band Petri Chor are unbelievably good so I’m going to plug them here. EVERYBODY GO LOOK! http://www.facebook.com/PetriChorLimerick

Ask loads of questions and please make them as controversial as you can cause I know Jamie will have a good answer for ye all!

He also sounds exactly like Moriarty from Sherlock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hello :D

Turns out we've a few of my best friends in common :p Did you know that?

How's things?

Enjoying summer?

Whats your favourite thing about Limerick and UL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Best ULFM Show?

Ah now, it'd be a bit unfair to ask that.

How many instruments do you play? What's your favourite?

Muse or Paramore? Why?

Any major plans in store for the bands? Anything the Chor of your fanbase should know about?

(I'll just get my coat.)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Herro. :)

Can I slap OhMSGlive for that pun?

Opinion on Loreen?

On a scale of 10-10, how awesome was Newslunch? :P

Favourite song to perform?

Least favourite song you've ever performed as part of a band?

Ireland's chances in the Euros?

Reckon we'll get any Olympic Medals?

Favourite radio station? (ULFM doesn't count)

Best gig you've ever been to?

Electric Picnic/Oxegen?

Been to either?

Red Hot Chili's latest album? Good/bad/indifferent?

What does your username mean, and how do you pronounce it? (I've always pronounced it "Si-doh-nee-ack")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Cawcheen I love you :D
    Hello :D

Turns out we've a few of my best friends in common :p Did you know that?
    I'm guessing Sarah is one of them! She's a darling :) You must tell me who else, I'm intrigued now!

How's things?
    Good! First year of college over so just chilling out and doing everything I didn't get time to over the year, and sleeping a lot in between! Hope things are well with you also :D

Enjoying summer?
    Yeah, I haven't been very productive but that can be excused after how much I worked coming up to the exams. Hoping for more sunshine though, it's pretty drizzly and horrible outside :( My exams are out in 6 days so I'm a bit nervous about those, I'm also going to be in charge of a choral society when I come back in September so I'm planning for that too! Generally been good though

Whats your favourite thing about Limerick and UL?
    Just walking onto campus during a warm, sunny day. It's just a lovely chilled atmosphere and the place just looks beautiful! Also Scholars :)

This is a great track, James Blake is one of my biggest influences. So much attention to detail!

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Best ULFM Show?

Ah now, it'd be a bit unfair to ask that.
    The Rock Show is such an amazing show like ;)

How many instruments do you play? What's your favourite?
    Jack of all trades, master of none as they say. Right now I'm playing mainly piano, guitar and cello but I really want to get into percussion so I play around with drum machines. I want to learn something like saxophone next, might get a cheap toy one and play around with it. Favourite would have to be piano, it's so balanced, works with absolutely anything and once you play piano you can work synths great :)

Muse or Paramore? Why?
    Paramore, lesser of two evils...I used to be a major hardcore Muse fan (if I hadn't got a release or demo I had listened to it to death already) but they really turned me off with the Resistance and the preview for The Second Law...I seriously think Matt has gone nuts and Chris is the only down to earth member left! I don't think they'll ever have the edge that made Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution happen again.

Any major plans in store for the bands? Anything the Chor of your fanbase should know about?
    Well right now the 3 other members are doing their 2nd year Co Op on the other side of the country so things have been quiet enough because it's hard to get together! We were thinking about doing an open mic down at the Roisin Dubh in Galway but it's just all down to if I can afford travel! Times like this where I really wish I had a job :mad:

(I'll just get my coat.)
    GET OUT :pac:

outbreak.png

They need to make a film like this.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Herro. :)

Can I slap OhMSGlive for that pun?
    You have my permission and recommendation ;)

Opinion on Loreen?
    Wait, who? *googles* oh, Eurovision :( I think I'm past the Eurovision at this stage, only reason I'd watch it now is if there was a big group of people watching it with me.

On a scale of 10-10, how awesome was Newslunch? :P
    You guys did well! The special episode was pretty great student radio. See you next year?

Favourite song to perform?
    Every time I find a piano I always play this. It's showoffey but not actually too difficult which is the best part!

Least favourite song you've ever performed as part of a band?
    Hmm...I think it's Roadhouse Blues by The Doors. I dunno, I'm fine listening to it but it's just so repetitive and boring to play...

Ireland's chances in the Euros?
    I had to actually ask someone what the Euros were, so I'm really not the right kind of person to ask this to :(

Reckon we'll get any Olympic Medals?
    I have no idea! Haven't really taken interest in the Olympics in a while, I might check it out this year.

Favourite radio station? (ULFM doesn't count)
    Probably Rinse FM, it has consistently good music. No Irish station I know of anyway.

Best gig you've ever been to?
    The Go! Team at The Academy, Dublin. Words cannot describe. I nearly fainted at the end. You can see me in the sky blue tshirt jumping on the left at the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1uPVsXA2s

Electric Picnic/Oxegen?
    I've never been to Electric Picnic sadly but I wouldn't go Oxegen nowadays. From 2009 onwards the lineup has gotten worse and worse and it's just become generally a bad place. I'm definitely going to EP next year if not this year. I applied to volunteer so here's hoping...

Been to either?
    ^

Red Hot Chili's latest album? Good/bad/indifferent?
    I'm not huge on RHCP and didn't listen to this one. I've always preferred their older sound though, a little looser and funkier.

What does your username mean, and how do you pronounce it? (I've always pronounced it "Si-doh-nee-ack")
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cydonia_%28region_of_Mars%29
    It was made when I was a crazy Muse fan. It's stuck now and I can't change it. I hate usernames!!!

http://enpundit.com/2012/garage-transformed-into-beautiful-mini-house
    garage-transformation.jpg?e8bd46

Want to do this once in my life!

Keep the questions coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Favourite Mean Girls quote?

What's your biggest pet peeve?

Favourite tv show?

If you could do anything or be anywhere in the world now then what would you do/where would you go?

Favourite boards emoticon?

I see you posted on a thread recently saying you hated your voice. Im sorry I brought attention to that on this thread. And Im sorry for saying it again now :p

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Favourite Mean Girls quote?
    "That's so fetch!" I'll make fetch happen one day.

What's your biggest pet peeve?
    I have so many of those, where to start? Possibly being ignored. Ignorant people.

Favourite tv show?
    Mm, tough one! I think I'll go with Daria. Such a brilliant show...

If you could do anything or be anywhere in the world now then what would you do/where would you go?
    James Blake's recording studio. I would definitely be okay with living there for the rest of my life.

Favourite boards emoticon?
    :eek: because you can never be jaw-droppingly shocked at some of the things said here!

I see you posted on a thread recently saying you hated your voice. Im sorry I brought attention to that on this thread. And Im sorry for saying it again now :p
    (haha, I posted that then realised you might have seen it. I still think the Moriarty comparison is funny ;) )

thanks guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement