Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Optiplex Power supply(Small form PC) - Anybody know ?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi.
    I am looking for a DELL power supply, or at least the polarity of the connections(so I can make my own) for a small-form PC made in Ireland(2005).
    I am surprised how few were bought in Ireland, and I think the few were used only in companies ( not for home use).
    The Power supply has a 12v input plug. Socket is non-standard(very typical tactic of money grabbing DELL from hell !). :confused: Have searched the internet allot already etc...

Dell Optiplex SX260

http://images02.olx.com/ui/1/36/25/1353125_1.jpg

Power Adaptor:

For used by DELL OPTIPLEX SX260 SX270,
    PSU DA-1 Power Supply, 150W,
    Input: 100-240VAC 1.8A -Output: 12VDC 12.5A

http://www.openpinoy.com/goods/images/20080430041719cont2.jpg

I have opened it up PC case(was not easy!). The motherboard is not clearly marked, so I can not work back to the unit chassis socket. I do not have a schematic diagram.
    The only way of knowing how it is connected is from someone who has an adapter, or who worked in Dell repairs before they closed.

Any help much appreciated. I am based in Co. Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from Burlesque forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sparxz

Hi Gordon

Had nightmares myself before with spam.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

You are looking for a
    DELL Optiplex DA-1 Series AC/DC Power Adapter ADP-150BB
    Plenty listed on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sparxz

None of those adapters are available in Ireland on ebay.
    I don't want to sound mean with money, but I do not want to buy
    an adapter, at an over the odds price(with shipping cost), when I am not sure if the PC even works.

This PC was given to me by a friend who bought an auction-lot of them somewhere, and the adaptor got lost somewhere along the way.

I would be annoyed if I bought an adapter, and finding out the motherboard, or CPU was cooked. That would annoy me :(

I have fixed PCs for many years. But this is an odd-ball, with the 'special'
    Dell-centric design with odd plug and UNMARKED polarity, extra pins, etc,
    to minimise chance of a solution, that does not render them some €€€ £££ $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have a Dell Optiplex GX 280 which has given up the ghost. It wont boot up. This boyo was also sourced from some bloke who had bought a liquidation lot.
    These models have a small HDD of only 40gb. I have taken out the HDD and put it in a new Dell that I got last week. You can have the remainder intact in the frame, if its of any use to you. PM me if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Advertisement