Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Combat Vietnam, Prisoners Of War

• 05-06-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

7307777514_a32c8fa52e_z.jpg

Date : 16th-17th June
    Game fee : €50
    Gates open: Friday evening (camping available on request).
    8.30am-10am Saturday morning
    Game on: 12.00pm Saturday
    Endex: 12.00pm Sunday

Background:
    The Gia Lia province is a strategically important area in Vietnam because of the military supply corridor extending westwards along Highway 19 from the coastal population center and port facilities of Qui Nhơn.
    During an extended engagement in the region a unit of the 1st Air Cavalry Division found themselves surrounded and cut off by North Vietnamese forces and were subsequently taken captive.
    Many have been taken to POW camps in Cambodia controlled by the National Liberation Front (Viet Cong).
    United states Marines have been making advances near one such camp just over the border near Dak Long, they have been searching for NLF bases and tunnels in the area.
    The US activity close by has not gone unnoticed by the NLF forces at the camp and they have mobilised to engage the marines and prevent them securing more ground in the region.
    Will the Prisoners manage to escape and join their comrades in Vietnam or face starvation or worse at the hands of the NLF?

Rules and further info can be found here- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u-RQyOcH7F28JzuzwcrrQdkU26EgcqrDvAYKnLPJ6mY/edit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

might be an excuse to finaly use my ak74

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

Hi folks many people going to this? What sort of actual camping gear is required to get by as this would be somthing i would pobably need to purchase???

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Borderlands

Skatedude wrote: »
    might be an excuse to finaly use my ak74

Vietcong all the way.
    ShaneW1986 wrote: »
    Hi folks many people going to this? What sort of actual camping gear is required to get by as this would be somthing i would pobably need to purchase???

40 players booked so far Shane.
    Weather is looking dry for the night so you may not really need a tent. We have spare groundsheets on site you can borrow and get yourself a bivi bag, sleeping bag and tarp and your laughing. We have plenty of extra bits of camping gear on site so PM me if you wish.

Advertisement