Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in a bookies

Options
  • 08-06-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I am a student due to go on a J1 but I got an interview in a bookies and would love the job. Would like to hear from someone who worked in a bookies before and the pros and cons of working in one.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

If you're good at numbers and have an general interst in sports you'll be fine. I would have thought that they all have there summer staff in place by now?

feel free to pm me if you want more info/tips etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Go on the J1.

About all I can offer having worked in a bookies for a good while. I'll post up pros/cons tomorrow or Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

also, if computer literate you'll be fine. It depends also whether major chain or independent. Big chains..its very automated ..small operator, more manual and a bit more watching and minding with dangerous bets.

Advertisement