Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cricket - England vs West Indies vs Rain

• 09-06-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

I have had this game on my bet slip for the last few says, and the price has been all over the place - due to the weather.

England are almost guaranteed to win if the match can be played for long enough for them to win, although the weather could cause the game to be ended in a draw if it stops play.

For the last few days, when it was raining heavy, the price for England to win shot up to 7.00 as rain had stopped play for a two full days, and has now dropped down to 4.33 in play as the match has just started.

If England do well today (get West Indies out early) they could give themselves enough time to win the game before rain comes into play again.

I guess it is a bit crazy to bet on a game based solely on what the weather wants to do, but I think 4.33 is great for England (they would be less than half this if the rain was not in play). They will win, if they get the time to.

I think I will stick €20 on it, and hope for the best - although even a bit of drizzle will probably ruin the bet :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

WI not really helping England with a decent start - they wont win, but they are chewing up valuable time.

England to win Odds up to 5.50 now :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Problem you have is the 1st 2 days are gone so the match has to be won is 3 days, not an easy thing to do.
    Only real way I could see England winning is by bowling W Indies out for a low score in 1 day, pilling on the runs 2nd last day and tying to bowl them out on the last day, more like a draw me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would not be going near a result for this match, the rain and the lack of Jimmy Anderson being the main factors.

Draw written all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Yeah, all my hopes were on England to dispatch WI quick, and it did not happen. I thought they would go all out to do that in the three days - to get the series whitewash .

England are now 80/1 to win... :pac: (little hope for my bet now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You have to take into account that the Windies would be going as all out as England to avoid the whitewash though :)

And the rain just killed your bet totally

• Advertisement
Advertisement