Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Writing wrong Selection on Docket

Options
  • 08-06-2012 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭

Just had a 'mare with bet. Well only a fiver.

Went in to do bet for Russia Game. Saw the 7.25 at Goodwood was about to go off. Wrote docket real fast:

€5 win No. 5 @ 6/4.

The 6/4 fav Olympic Glory duly won. But when I went to collect I was told my bet was a loser.

Turns out Olmpic Glory @ 6/4 was No. 6 NOT No 5 :mad:

No pay out. Ultimately my **** up in my haste. Only thing I would add is that I am a regular and well known to the staff and always correctly price bet and once when paid out too much money handed it back! In other words, they know I'm not a chancer.

I've seen some other shops honour same to regulars or sometimes split the stake between both possible selections.

But this is Ladbrokes:

There line ...it can only go on the selection I have written.

Ok, but accepting same, here's the twist then:

in the same shop about two weeks ago I done the following bet:

I paid €4 for a greyhound bet:

I wrote €2 FC

Traps 2

I paid €4 and the docket "stake" recorded €4.

The straight forecast came in.

But I got paid what equated to €2 SFC .

I assume they treated it as a RFC although I never wrote RFC!

And, following the logic of their interpretation of bet one,

I never wrote RFC !! I paid €4 for a FC (albeit I wrote €2 FC)...shouldn't they, applying the same logic have settled it as a €4 FC?

Sorry if long winded, but in summary:

Accepting I erred on bet 1 above by the same token did I have the right to be paid on on my FC as a winning €4 FC and not a €2 FC or €2 RFC ? I never stated on the docket that it was a RFC

Comments

Advertisement