Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Date idea's for sat nite in the big smoke

• 07-06-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi folks dunno even if im writing in the right place to be honest but here it goes anyway. Ok im kinda seeing a girl at the minute, well for the last couple of weeks, she is in dublin and im down the country, but recently with work i'll be in dublin for 3 months working, anyway we been out on a few dates to cinema, pub, meal etc, and not really knowing dublin to well was kinda stuck for things to do on a saturday nite, something like a gig , i dunno, and noting to sloppy either, we known each other a few years but were with different people at the time, i was thinking of heading up towards the hell fire club for the views and then out later that night, so basically im asking, does anyone have any other ideas whats hot and whats not in dublin..
    cheers in advance for the help folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Hi folks dunno even if im writing in the right place to be honest but here it goes anyway. Ok im kinda seeing a girl at the minute, well for the last couple of weeks, she is in dublin and im down the country, but recently with work i'll be in dublin for 3 months working, anyway we been out on a few dates to cinema, pub, meal etc, and not really knowing dublin to well was kinda stuck for things to do on a saturday nite, something like a gig , i dunno, and noting to sloppy either, we known each other a few years but were with different people at the time, i was thinking of heading up towards the hell fire club for the views and then out later that night, so basically im asking, does anyone have any other ideas whats hot and whats not in dublin..
    cheers in advance for the help folks

Tip: Stop calling it the big smoke, it's not sexy;)

I would suggest, taking her to the hell fire club or a gig. Nothing too sloppy or

Book a hotel room and ride the ar2e off her:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Whatever you do, make sure you wash the shit off your wellies first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Comedy night at the International.

Dublin Ghost Tour.

Abbey Theatre.

The Sex cinema on Westland Row.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Whatever you do, make sure you wash the shit off your wellies first.

And leave your banjo behind. The Deliverance theme isn't sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Show her there's more to bogmen than just cows and fightin and drinkin and riding by taking her to a play. Usually somehting good on at the gate.

• Advertisement

Coriolanus wrote: »
    Show her there's more to bogmen than just cows and fightin and drinkin and riding by taking her to a play. Usually somehting good on at the gate.

Just to clarify for the OP, the gate is a theatre, not a field gate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Dogging in st annes park. Beep beep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Take her to a pub like everybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Just be "AboveAveragejoe82".....it will all fall into place after a kebab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Just bring her to a pub or club....

If I went out on a date and was brought to a play id leave. Plays are for when youre together years and dont want to listen/talk to the other person....

Whereas youre only seeing her a few weeks so drinks are my guess....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

There should be a mandatory prison sentence saying the big smoke or any other similarly insular terminology. I hope your date has a huge dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Bring her to Galway and have the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Use her skin to make a dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

"sex cineam on westland row" " dogging in st annes park" "riding the arse off her"!!! Perverts the lot of ye.......................

now please do tell me more about this sex cinema....for research like...;) is the snackshop expensive....and is it in 3D.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

All terrible advice except the international.
    I've brought two dates there and it went down great with both of them. My personality mustn't have though as im not with either of them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Just take her to coppers.. you know that's where you'll end up anyway.. go on admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

Ha love all the ideas folks, im from oringinally from the kip people. just family moved to galway when i was a kid, Ya think the hell fire club wa good idea and a munch in sixty6 and few beers and wine, then on to a club

Ha love all the ideas folks, im from oringinally from the kip people. just family moved to galway when i was a kid, Ya think the hell fire club wa good idea and a munch in sixty6 and few beers and wine, then on to a club

I hear sixty9 is better than sixty6;)

What night will you be there? We could arrange a signing quartet if required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Dogging at the viewpoint up the Dublin mountains.

Make sure ya leave the head lights on so I can find my way over. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

well in oringinal post it was a sat nght but which satuday is the question, **** no i would go near the pig fest of coppers, has to be something fancy folks I have a good job so money isnt the problem and she comes from a family of bookies and publicans so she has **** loads of money and she always trying to pay so ive put money behind the bar at sixty6 already,,,any good clubs with live bands do play on a sat night or even late bars to go to, but not whealans or the village been there already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Go for a drive and some back seat action on Dollymount Strand

........money isnt the problem ..........

Hire a limo to go dogging?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement