Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJs in South Tipp/Waterford area

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

New to this so don't know if I'm doing it right but are there any fellow DJs in this area interested in meeting up and maybe starting a club night or just a bit of a session? Unimpressed as of late with the standard in the area..seems to be a bit stale. Would be nice to see some local DJs showcase their talent and the types of music they like to play. The kind of music I'm on about would be dance,house, electro, disco, mashups, remixes or whatever floats your boat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hamco

New to this so don't know if I'm doing it right but are there any fellow DJs in this area interested in meeting up and maybe starting a club night or just a bit of a session? Unimpressed as of late with the standard in the area..seems to be a bit stale. Would be nice to see some local DJs showcase their talent and the types of music they like to play. The kind of music I'm on about would be dance,house, electro, disco, mashups, remixes or whatever floats your boat

A bit stale:D, would agree with you there.

I think there's too much of that house noise in pubs and clubs these days.Would you be intending to include some stuff like Declan Nerney,The Marquee in Drumlish is a good one....some Gloria,Ray Lynam.....Let me know when its on....I could bring some cd's myself.I think it's a great idea.The town needs something new,fair play.....Regards Pakie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ThatLadThere

I think there's too much of that house noise in pubs and clubs these days.Would you be intending to include some stuff like Declan Nerney,The Marquee in Drumlish is a good one....some Gloria,Ray Lynam.....Let me know when its on....I could bring some cd's myself.I think it's a great idea.The town needs something new,fair play.....Regards Pakie.

Ya that's a fair point. I'd agree that in pubs playing house music is probably a bit inappropriate (depending on the crowd) but I think once you get into a nightclub scenario there's only certain types of music that could be played and expected.

Declan Nerney and Ray Lynam weren't exactly what I was getting at but ya I don't see why a pub night couldn't be organised for that type of music either. Would definitely like to go and see what it's like!

Personally, I'd like to see some sort of event taking place in a nightclub with Djs trying out new music and showcasing their mixing skills as opposed to the same old same old top 40 week in week out. I like a bit of Rihanna as much as the next person but it can become boring at times.

Advertisement