Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

• 25-04-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Thought I might put this out there in the downtime before Season 3 kicks off. Probably a bit early, but the NFL draft has piqued my interest, and pretty bored until draft next Wednesday (looks like anyway).

Who's interested in joining a BFL Fantasy NFL league?

Could just get an interest list together for the moment, would be great to play with people you know, and know anyone from this league will be active and interested.
    After people are interested can decide type of league (one-year wonder, keeper and the like) and rules etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep i'd be interested Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Never done one before but I am definitely in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I'm in love fantasy football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I'd be keen on that.

did 2 last year (board.ie division 3 or 4.... came dead last, and a random NFL 8 man league which I won)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

In! I was superbowl champ last year in my one with mates and runner up the year befoer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm in, love fantasy

I was in the AF forum fantasy last year and got relegated out of my division :pac:

Knowing the GM's we have here it'll be non-stop trading every week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'm in, love fantasy

I was in the AF forum fantasy last year and got relegated out of my division :pac:

Me too!

It'll be much more craic playing with people we know (a little bit anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Great responses so far.
    Yeah have a feeling it will be pretty active. Was involved in a couple last year, one Boards one, and not as much fun if you don't know anyone in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Im up for this one !

• Advertisement

Great responses so far.
    Yeah have a feeling it will be pretty active. Was involved in a couple last year, one Boards one, and not as much fun if you don't know anyone in the league.

Yeah the boards league was a bit of a disaster. Might aswell have been doing one of the NFL leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Yea sign me up man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Im in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

yeah sounds like a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So, shall we get a list going? They're posting about it on the main forum, so I thought I should revive this thread.

Fantasy interest list (quote this and add your name in bold if interested):
    Matthew8
    Adrian522
    Raoul

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

matthew8 wrote: »
    So, shall we get a list going? They're posting about it on the main forum, so I thought I should revive this thread.

Matthew8
    Adrian522

in...

Matthew8
    Adrian522
    Raoul
    In too

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

This may sound daft... but never done a fantasy league before.. how does it work?

Matthew8
    Adrian522
    Raoul
    Good call to re-ignite the discussion Matthew. Have. Een keeping a list of everyone who has replied with interest.
    Will be sending around invites shortly, ESPN site just opened up the fantasy football game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in aswell.. But may need some pointers

• Advertisement

Good call to re-ignite the discussion Matthew. Have. Een keeping a list of everyone who has replied with interest.
    Will be sending around invites shortly, ESPN site just opened up the fantasy football game

Could we use nfl.com instead? It's where my other league is on and I think it's just a better fantasy setup.

Could we use nfl.com instead? It's where my other league is on and I think it's just a better fantasy setup.

Used both last year (and sportsline.com previously), found ESPN much better for customisation and stats. Especially for a league this big where we plan on making our own rules etc. the League Manager feature gives a lot more options than nfl.com
    Also found ESPN app a little easier to use
    Will be doing up a poll to decide rules of the league in a while so we can determine format.

INTEREST LIST
    1. BigBadRob83
    2. helimachoptor
    3. Pudsy33
    4. linebacker52
    5. SantryRed
    6. McG
    7. Raoul
    8. mikemac1
    9. Danger_dave1
    10. Shane.C
    11. madalig12
    12. Lukebray
    13. NekoChan
    14. Matthew8
    15. Adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Used both last year (and sportsline.com previously), found ESPN much better for customisation and stats. Especially for a league this big where we plan on making our own rules etc. the League Manager feature gives a lot more options than nfl.com
    Will be doing up a poll to decide rules of the league in a while so we can determine format.

INTEREST LIST
    1. BigBadRob83
    2. helimachoptor
    3. Pudsy33
    4. linebacker52
    5. SantryRed
    6. McG
    7. Raoul
    8. mikemac1
    9. Danger_dave1
    10. Shane.C
    11. madalig12
    12. Lukebray
    13. NekoChan
    14. Matthew8
    15. Adrian522

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

INTEREST LIST
    1. BigBadRob83
    2. helimachoptor
    3. Pudsy33
    4. linebacker52
    5. SantryRed
    6. McG
    7. Raoul
    8. mikemac1
    9. Danger_dave1
    10. Shane.C
    11. madalig12
    12. Lukebray
    13. NekoChan
    14. Matthew8
    15. Adrian522

In

Seeing as this has been highlighted again, and I'm in work on the bloody bank holiday Monday, thought I would get started on it. Invites being PM'd to you guys today.

Also, I have a list of things that I thought we could vote on to decide league format. If you have any other suggestions as to what decisions we should make for the league, add them in and I will add stuff to the poll I'm creating.

1. Draft type - Snake or Auction?
    2. Roster makeup i.e. number starters at each position, include flex, bench, IR spots
    3. Keepers - Yes or no? How many? If so, what is price you pay to keep them next year (draft spot or $ value?)
    4. Free Agent pickups - Waiver wire? Free Agent Auction Bids? Waiver period?
    5. Scoring - pretty standard for RB/TE/WR.
    QB's, kickers and Defense can vary though.
    Include Points per Catch?
    Points - 1 point for every 10 yards or 0.1 points for every yard?
    6. Number of teams making playoffs? Playoffs one-week or two-week matches?
    7. Trade review/veto system
    8. Draft picks tradeable?

Those are just the ones I could think of anyway

Seeing as this has been highlighted again, and I'm in work on the bloody bank holiday Monday, thought I would get started on it. Invites being PM'd to you guys today.

Also, I have a list of things that I thought we could vote on to decide league format. If you have any other suggestions as to what decisions we should make for the league, add them in and I will add stuff to the poll I'm creating.

1. Draft type - Snake or Auction?
    2. Roster makeup i.e. number starters at each position, include flex, bench, IR spots1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF
    3. Keepers - Yes or no? How many? If so, what is price you pay to keep them next year (draft spot or $ value?)
    4. Free Agent pickups - Waiver wire? Free Agent Auction Bids? Waiver period?
    5. Scoring - pretty standard for RB/TE/WR.
    QB's, kickers and Defense can vary though.
    Include Points per Catch? No
    Points - 1 point for every 10 yards or 0.1 points for every yard?
    6. Number of teams making playoffs-6? Playoffs one-week or two-week matches?
    7. Trade review/veto system
    8. Draft picks tradeable? No

Those are just the ones I could think of anyway

There.

Thanks Mathhew, but have created an actual poll on surveytool.com for this.
    Once have ideas from everyone on what we should be voting on, will finalise it and put the link up for everyone to vote.
    Whole thing much easier that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm in did NFL last year.

empacher wrote: »
    I'm in did NFL last year.

Nice one, sent you on invite.

We're at 16 now. Good number, will be a very deep league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

do we draft an entire team like the serious leagues, or just offence and pick a team defense

Advertisement