Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good translation?

Options
  • 01-06-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I want to say:

Teaching is the only career I'm interested in. When I thought about what I wanted to do after I finished learning, I didn't know. And then I realised that learning is the thing I care about. Learning is my passion. The pleasure of finding things out.

The translation:

Is é teagasc na gairme ach tá me ag suim isteach. Nuair a shíl mé faoi na rudaí a bhí mé a dhéanamh tar éis a chríochnaigh mé ag foghlaim, ní raibh a fhios agam. Agus ansin shíl mé go bhfuil an fhoghlaim an rud cúram mé faoi. Is é mo paisean Foghlama. An sásamh na rudaí a fháil amach.

Please point out my mistakes, or tell me if I could have said anything simpler (translation from Google translate). Also, how do you pronounce "teagasc"?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Google Translate is a nightmare. Avoid it. I'll try to give you a better translation in a few hours when I've the laptop in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭MaryKirwan

Google Translate is a nightmare. Avoid it. I'll try to give you a better translation in a few hours when I've the laptop in front of me.

Thanks, Insect Overlord!

Ahem o_o And er, maybe you could also tell me later how to say "I want to apply for this course because I want children to enjoy learning as much as I do."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

MaryKirwan wrote: »
    Is é teagasc na gairme ach tá me ag suim isteach. Nuair a shíl mé faoi na rudaí a bhí mé a dhéanamh tar éis a chríochnaigh mé ag foghlaim, ní raibh a fhios agam. Agus ansin shíl mé go bhfuil an fhoghlaim an rud cúram mé faoi. Is é mo paisean Foghlama. An sásamh na rudaí a fháil amach.

Is í an mhúinteoireacht an t-aon ghairm amháin ina bhfuil suim agam. Ní raibh a fhios agam céard a bhí de dhíth orm nuair a shroic mé deireadh m'am mar iníon léinn. B'ansin a bhuail an smaoineamh mé ná gurb í an fhoghlaim an rud is tábhachtaí dom. Mo phaisean is ea í, ná an pléisiúr a bhaineann le tuiscint rudaí.

Teaching is the one profession in which I am interested. I did not know what I wanted when I came to the end of my time as a student. It was then that the thought hit me that learning was the most important thing to me. It is my passion, the pleasure of understanding things.

As always, wait for more advice and more accurate translations. I shouldn't be doing this at this time of the night at all!

Advertisement