Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone holder for mountain bike

Options
  • 30-05-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone came across a phone holder that would be able to take the knocks and bumps of mountain biking without sending my phone flying.
    I want it so I can record some of my rides. Theres a few on ebay but some of them say "not for off-road use", so since they all basically look the same I figure it applies to all of them.
    Anyone seen ones anywhere else or know anyones that has one? I dont want to go down the head or chest cam route as I already have a phone with full HD recording.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If it's an iPhone, here's an option

http://www.optrixhd.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Stick it in a pocket. GPS will still work, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Lumen wrote: »
    Stick it in a pocket. GPS will still work, in my experience.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭jameverywhere

I think he's talking about recording HD video.

p.s. I agree that using a super expensive, fragile camera is not a good idea. I spent more like €300 on my cycling camera and accessories, but it's waterproof, shock proof, lightweight, 360 degree lens, etc etc. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ah, yes. HD.

I wouldn't go MTBing with a expensive phone attached to my bike. Maybe other people crash less often than I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭C3PO

Lumen wrote: »
    I wouldn't go MTBing with a expensive phone attached to my bike. Maybe other people crash less often than I do.

I'm with Lumen on this ..... wouldn't even think about riding my mountain bike offroad with my i-phone attached to the bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

You are better off with either a cheap DVR (Muvo or Muvo alike) that may not survive a big knock or a proper DVR like a GoPro that can take a hiding.

Vibration would probably be a big problem if you were moving fast enough to shoot anything worth watching!

Also the kind of crash that may leave you needing to use your phone would probably be the kind of crash that would make smithereens of a mounted phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Cheers guys, noted :-)

Advertisement