Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Account Closure-Help!

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

So this is the situation. Paddy Power closed an account of mine under their self exclusion policy. I opened another account with them about a year later and it stayed open for about 6 months, me having deposited and wagered without any problems. It took the responsible gaming team 6 months to discover the account and close it, with 42 euro in the balance upon closure. They promised to refund me the balance and any outstanding bets (in this case 1 euro outstanding bet) and said this total came to 50 euro (42 plus 1 is 43 in anyones book). Confused, I question a chat agent on this and he says the 50 to be refunded is the 42, the 1 euro outstanding bet, and a deposit of 8 euro made about a month after the account was open (checked this on my paypal history). If they are refunding me one deposit (which appears as if they are just looking to round it off to 50) surely they should be refunding them all? the account was closed a week ago and they said I'd be getting an email from the responsible gaming team but 8 days later and I haven't any reply from them or any refund whatsoever. Are they trying to brush this under the carpet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

So they are refunding you more than you are entitled to but you want even more

Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

Bottom line is they should have closed the account sooner than 6 months. As the account shouldn't have been allowed to be open in the first place no bets should have been accepted. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Bottom line is they should have closed the account sooner than 6 months. As the account shouldn't have been allowed to be open in the first place no bets should have been accepted. Simple as that.

schit, i went to my local on Sat night,i'm barred,i had 10 pints before the owner discovered i was there............so he owes me my money back...right??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

You make a fair point heavyballs! but policy is policy! Paddy power should stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deuces wild

nice try bud but settle for what you get and stay self excluded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

are you trying to say that because you have a gambling problem/issue and have self excluded yourself that if you go into a bookies and place a bet (or do it online) that your stake should be refunded ? even after the bet(s) are settled ?

or are you trying to say that the bookies should be capable of finding a duplicate account faster than the 6months it took before they found you ?

take responsibility for your own actions - I have self excluded myself and made the conscious decision NOT to sign up anywhere online and if I was to place a bet it would be in an actual shop - so I could physically see the money go and could only use money that I have available to me (I racked up tens of thousands of debt by using 2 credit cards and a laser card - all of which is cleared now)

Contact gamblers anomyous or another group which may be able to help, I personally found it easier to use my own will-power, I have since returned to gambling but an very conscious of not using money I cannot afford to loose, my most recent bets (I had dockets from last April which I cashed in last weekend - one was a winner.. €50 bet won €102 - so put the €100 on 3 different bets, two of which have come in.... Ireland to beat bosnia was one of them and an accum of france, mexico, ireland and Czech rep, I have yet to cash them in but it works out approx €150ish) .... considering a bet tonight but its odds are 17/1 (5team accum) ...so prob wont place any money and just watch the results.

Anyway ...my point is ...you are the person placing the bets - you take responsibility and if you are self-excluding yourself .... you can only blame one person ....YOU !

Advertisement