Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sisk Roadbridge in 'Suicide' bid

Options
  • 15-08-2011 12:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

The Scots are spending €1bn to build a Third Forth Bridge ( the existing road bridge is around 50 years old and is a tad dicky)

In order to get at the crossing an approach road is to be built from the south starting with a Motorway Junction to get material onsite. Sisk Roadbridge won that motorway junction contract.

Forth-bridge-replacement.jpg

http://www.vivantconsult.co.uk/news/latest-news/half-price-bid-bags-sisk-scottish-road-job.html
    John Sisk/Roadbridge JV wins M9 job with tender £20m below budget Contractor Sisk has won the job to upgrade a motorway junction on the M9 with a £25m bid of just over half the budgeted cost of the scheme.The joint venture between John Sisk and Roadbridge won the commission, which is to prepare the motorway for extra traffic ahead of the construction of the Forth Bridge replacement crossing, with a bid of £25.6m – despite the fact client Transport Scotland had originally budgeted between £45-65m for the work.The award shows the extent of reductions in prices achieved in the current tough economic climate, and is bound to lead to further concerns around the sustainability of low bidding for work.

The main £790m Forth Bridge contract, awarded to a consortium of Dragados, Hochtief, American Bridge International and Morrison Construction, was 12% under the previous lowest estimated cost and rumoured to be more than £100m cheaper than rival bids.

Now they are coming off a job in Poland and may be able to leverage their existing relationships in that area. I suspect the Irish Cement cartel will not get too much business out of this project.

The subbies in the UK have their own forum, some interesting comments there about Sisk and Roadbridge.

http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2230&page=1

Then again, I can somehow see Sisk and/or Roadbridge getting a bit more work on this overall project once they get onsite in the first place. They certainly impressed the regulars on this forum.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭GedR

I heard from an engineer working with roadbridge that they have secured a road job in Australia leading to some mine has anybody else heard this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

GedR wrote: »
    I heard from an engineer working with roadbridge that they have secured a road job in Australia leading to some mine has anybody else heard this?
    Yeah, one of the guys I work with siad that this morning alright. I dont know anthing more than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Putlock

Is this to mulcairs (roadbridges ) mine by any chance?

Advertisement