Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Volvo vs Global - Who is really winning?

Options
  • 17-05-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Actually the best of both these events is over. That is a bit good because there are plenty of videos to watch The volvo ocean race is currently parked up in Miami. The Global racers are in Charleston (also on the USA East coast). The weather is improving and the only real ocean racing left is the dash across the Atlantic. The nasty spin throught the southern ocean, with all it's drama, is now a happy memory. (For me anyway)

I'm posting these links here because I have really enjoyed following both these events. They are very different competitions presented in very different ways. One is a media frenzy with live video feeds. Video dipatches etc etc. The other just has a tracker and Bulletin/photos for significant events. While the latter is a little harder to 'get into' I find it just as appealing.

What really blows me away is that there seems to be no interest or discussion here in Ireland about either event.

PS if anyone has any similar links to ongoing sporting soap operas like these please feel free to post them here!

Comments

Advertisement