Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

• 12-05-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Any interest in one of these here as I notice most other forums have one? If not, feel free to delete/close.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The top 100 by Jamarcus Hustle is very entertaining i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The top 100 by Jamarcus Hustle is very entertaining i must say

Agreed. Serious amount of work gone into that, especially with the different statistics and write ups on each player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

This time next month I'll be in Poznan :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »

It'll be some session over there thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Soccer is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

matthew8 wrote: »
    Soccer is terrible.
    They blow over in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Incredibly jealous Santry. How many games will you get to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mod: can we close this thread?

Don't want to hear about this? :mad::mad::mad:

So jealous :(

Raoul wrote: »
    Mod: can we close this thread?

Don't want to hear about this? :mad::mad::mad:

So jealous :(

Will you not play the CPU Packers twice, thought you'd be happy to see him go!!

Will you not play the CPU Packers twice, thought you'd be happy to see him go!!

Nah, I would prefer to beat him than beat the CPU. :)

• Advertisement

So in Scotland at the moment and it feels like 20 Celsius outside.

Just had dinner and am now sipping a point while working/on boards.

Not a bad life.

Also, how many of you lot plan to head to the game this year?

So in Scotland at the moment and it feels like 20 Celsius outside.

Just had dinner and am now sipping a point while working/on boards.

Not a bad life.

Also, how many of you lot plan to head to the game this year?

I probably won't ever go. I think NFL is really a TV sport and I love redzone. I have the exact opposite opinion of baseball. I wouldn't watch it on TV but if I lived in America I'd go to a couple of games every week.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I probably won't ever go. I think NFL is really a TV sport and I love redzone. I have the exact opposite opinion of baseball. I wouldn't watch it on TV but if I lived in America I'd go to a couple of games every week.

I'm the opposite, I much prefer live games to TV.
    I watch the highlights on NFL.com on Mondays, but if i say lived in NY/NJ i'd be heading to both Jets and Giants games (presuming i could afford to!)

2 exams down. 3 to go. Have another 3 hour exam tomorrow. Was a year long module and went to about 6 classes all year. I'm a joke :pac:

2 exams down. 3 to go. Have another 3 hour exam tomorrow. Was a year long module and went to about 6 classes all year. I'm a joke :pac:

My tax payers money going to fund your waste of a free education :p

Got a 1.1 last year :pac:

Aiming for a 60% average considering how little I was in this year. Will be a proud achievement but one I won't be mentioning in interviews :D

Aiming for a 60% average considering how little I was in this year. Will be a proud achievement but one I won't be mentioning in interviews :D

Its ok.. just add in a one liner job title "The Commish" that will suitable impress anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Going over with few mates, we were all in Boston on J1 so all Pats fans. Friday-Monday, make a weekend of it. Should be good craic there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going over with few mates, we were all in Boston on J1 so all Pats fans. Friday-Monday, make a weekend of it. Should be good craic there

Really thinking of doing the J1 next year, few of the lads are interested too. Worth it?

Paully D wrote: »
    Really thinking of doing the J1 next year, few of the lads are interested too. Worth it?

Jesus Paully.. you're only a nipper!

Yep definitely worth it!

Depending on what your interests are Paully you could try and get something relevant to your course while over there.
    Most people tend to go for the summer type jobs but there are different options.

• Advertisement

Friend of mines brother is fairly high up in a chain of very fancy hotels.
    So we go over we pay £30 each a night for a room that generally costs £250-£300 pounds.

also I get free tickets so tbh it's a fairly cheap weekend for me :D

This year there'll probably be 5/6 of us so will be an epic session i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd love a 60% average :pac:

Thinking of going over to poland for the croatia game. No tickets or anything.

Many going? I know santry is, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Paully D wrote: »

Go for it, I had an unreal summer... all the way back in 2003. Every one of my mates has had a great summer wherever they went over there. Usually doing summer jobs like furniture moving, labouring, landscaping or caddying for the lucky few.
    Have had mates go all over the States, hard to go wrong; Boston, San Diego, Cape Cod, Chicago, Vancouver, Houston. Enjoy it!

Go for it, I had an unreal summer... all the way back in 2003. Every one of my mates has had a great summer wherever they went over there. Usually doing summer jobs like furniture moving, labouring, landscaping or caddying for the lucky few.
    Have had mates go all over the States, hard to go wrong; Boston, San Diego, Cape Cod, Chicago, Vancouver, Houston. Enjoy it!

USA annexes British Colombia :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'd love to do a J1 too. Going over to Boston in June to visit my uncle so I'm going to scout out some jobs:) I'll probably just become head coach out in Foxboro or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

couldnt agree more one of the best holidays you can do

Croatia and Spain tickets got. This time next week!!!!!!

Got Croatia tickets too!!! Cant wait

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Got Croatia tickets too!!! Cant wait

Wait... you and Santry away at the same time? Who will advance the league if a week finishes around that game?

Advertisement