Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has derek acorah ever done a live show in ireland?

Options
  • 06-05-2012 8:36am
    Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I think he's great and he should be back on telly where he belongs. Has he done a live show here? Is he as funny as he is on Most Haunted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

I think he's great and he should be back on telly where he belongs. Has he done a live show here? Is he as funny as he is on Most Haunted?

Hasn't he been exposed as a fake?

Oh wait, I get it now... :D

Stork

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

He did a show a few years ago in the Helix and it was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Everything about Most Haunted is funny.

I'd rename it "Most Horsesh1t" myself.

Stork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

I think this says it all:

http://youtu.be/I8H_v8cM9CQ

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3448248

A thread from years ago on his show in the Helix. (I locked it so it doesnt get bumped)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

that man is such a muppet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

faceman wrote: »
    He did a show a few years ago in the Helix and it was crap.

I saw one of his shows in The Helix about three years ago and I actually thought it was good. What I mean by "good" is that he seemed to be getting an awful lot of 'hits' for the people in the audience. I have no idea how he did it - he didn't seem to be foraging for info by asking people one leading question after another - but it looked real enough to me.

A lot of people say Acorah is a twat/idiot/whatever, and maybe he is when it comes to MH, but I was genuinely (pleasantly) surprised by his live show. I'd say the 'worst' thing about the show is that it can get boring at times when it isn't yourself he's talking to.

I also managed to meet him afterwards and I thought he was very sincere and nice. Not false in the least. He gave each person a lot of his time and attention (and there must have been up to a hundred people in total who queued up to meet him - this, after a two-hour show), and he chatted and happily posed for photos and all.

I've probably said this already but comments I've heard from other well known mediums about him say that he is a good man but when he got into tv work he lost his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I personally don't believe a word the man says, I know people that went to his show and said it was amazing, these people are very easily influenced though.

If he had never done most haunted and been caught out twice I could possibly have given him a little more credit but MH has done it for him.

Oh dear, Derek....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9266260/TV-psychic-Derek-Acorah-Maddie-is-dead.html
    Television psychic Derek Acorah has claimed Madeleine McCann is dead, after a messenger from the spirit world told him: “She’s not on this earth any more”.

There are some subjects you dont touch with a barge-pole, let alone use to further your own career. Will the man never learn? Terrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh dear, Derek....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9266260/TV-psychic-Derek-Acorah-Maddie-is-dead.html

There are some subjects you dont touch with a barge-pole, let alone use to further your own career. Will the man never learn? Terrible stuff.

Either:

1) He believes what he says, but lacks the common decency & candor to leave her parents with what little hope they have. What's it to him like?

or

2) He's looking to get his name in the papers, at the expense of such a sensitive case involving a family who lost a child.

Either way he's wrong, has no sense of professionalism/self respect, & is very much out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

apparently he didnt say anything like that (according to ciaran o'keeffe of all people) Gwen Acorah apparently has stated:

"Derek has been stitched up by The Sun! I HATE that newspaper! They came on under the pretext of interviewing Derek to promote his shows in N Ireland and mentioned in passing Madelaine McCann. Derek said he did not want to talk about it because he did not want to jump on the Madelaine McCann bandwagon. The journo asked whether Derek believed whether she was still alive. He refused to make a statement as he does not wish to hurt her parents and add to their anguish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

maccored wrote: »
    apparently he didnt say anything like that (according to ciaran o'keeffe of all people) Gwen Acorah apparently has stated:

"Derek has been stitched up by The Sun! I HATE that newspaper! They came on under the pretext of interviewing Derek to promote his shows in N Ireland and mentioned in passing Madelaine McCann. Derek said he did not want to talk about it because he did not want to jump on the Madelaine McCann bandwagon. The journo asked whether Derek believed whether she was still alive. He refused to make a statement as he does not wish to hurt her parents and add to their anguish."

That'd be more like it alright. As much as I think he's full of poo, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt over that rag any day of the week.

Ziycon wrote: »
    I personally don't believe a word the man says, I know people that went to his show and said it was amazing, these people are very easily influenced though.

I wouldn't have said his live show was amazing myself, but it was definitely good as far as these types of shows go. I'd only have said it was amazing if, say, Derek had picked me out and told me a load of personal, specific bits of info about dead friends and/or relatives (the kind of info you can't find just by using a Google search).

EnterNow wrote: »
    That'd be more like it alright. As much as I think he's full of poo, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt over that rag any day of the week.

Same here. Unless I want to read pages of fiction and stupid advertisements, I never bother buying tabloids like The Sun. The News Of The World fiasco revealed just how low these red-tops can stoop, so I think they're all as crap as each other.

I think Derek Acorah is easy prey for the likes of The Sun because, let's face it, a sizeable proportion of MH's audience before are most likely the same bright sparks who buy the intellectually challenging, future-fish-and-chips-wrapper that is The Sun. The paper knows the interest is there, so it'll be happy to take people out of context, ask misleading questions, and/or distort the truth to get a 'controversial' story.

Yes, Derek Acorah shot himself in the foot by making up crap and resorting to pre-investigation research on MH, but I think he gets a harsher rap than is deserved since that show ended. How many years has it been since MH was on TV (with him as the medium) anyway? Five years?

Advertisement