Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totalbiscuit is totally lame.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

people like him because of what he did casting bw. he seems to just not like sc2 so he doesn't give much of a ****. it really shows when you see his regular casting.. versus the casting he did for some event recently enough.. I can't remember the event, one of the dreamhacks maybe but there was an excitement in his voice and a quality to his casting that is just lacking the rest of the time.

Apart rfom that, though, he says generally stupid things all the time too ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gumbi wrote: »
    Tastess is a joke IMO. I can't see how people like him. People cite him as having game knowledge - he doesn't. He says stupid/completely untrue/vague/irrelevant things all the time. I facepalm constantly listening to him.

TB does
    Do a lot for the community. His lack of basic game knowledge bothers me; all casters should endeavour to work on improving that. His voice bothers me too.

He has just been announced as a caster for the next MLG Spring Arena *sigh* :(
    The Casters

We're switching things up a bit this time around, to bring you even more of the best casters in the business. We'll miss Tasteless and Artosis at Arena 2, but we're incredibly happy to announce that the casters for this event will be none other than Apollo, Totalbiscuit, Wolf, djWHEAT, Rob Simpson, and JP McDaniel
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336091

Tasteless is brilliant ! I don't know how you can say such things ! :o
    He has also paved the way for casters in fairness.
    He played at a high level and has been casting for years, so clearly knows what's going on.
    I think they stated before, that because they cast for such long hours, and there is always a lull in the first 4 mins of a game...or when nothing is happening ingame, that they try to inject humour into it and entertain the viewer.

Maybe you've seen this, if you haven't, maybe it will change you opinion somewhat or enlighten you at least to why they commentate in that way

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Gumbi wrote: »
    Tastess is a joke IMO. I can't see how people like him. People cite him as having game knowledge - he doesn't. He says stupid/completely untrue/vague/irrelevant things all the time. I facepalm constantly listening to him.

TB does
    Do a lot for the community. His lack of basic game knowledge bothers me; all casters should endeavour to work on improving that. His voice bothers me too.

He has just been announced as a caster for the next MLG Spring Arena *sigh* :(
    The Casters

We're switching things up a bit this time around, to bring you even more of the best casters in the business. We'll miss Tasteless and Artosis at Arena 2, but we're incredibly happy to announce that the casters for this event will be none other than Apollo, Totalbiscuit, Wolf, djWHEAT, Rob Simpson, and JP McDaniel
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336091

Tasteless is brilliant ! I don't know how you can say such things ! :o
    He has also paved the way for casters in fairness.
    He played at a high level and has been casting for years, so clearly knows what's going on.
    I think they stated before, that because they cast for such long hours, and there is always a lull in the first 4 mins of a game...or when nothing is happening ingame, that they try to inject humour into it and entertain the viewer.

Maybe you've seen this, if you haven't, maybe it will change you opinion somewhat or enlighten you at least to why they commentate in that way

Na, that doesn't change my opinion. I concede that he is reasonably entertaining. What I find truly irksome, though, is consistent inaccuracies stated throughout the cast. This point stands apart from that of him being a good entertainer during lulls ingame. His game knowledge is pretty poor. I can't agree with you that he clearly knows what's going on. I could probably pull out some really bad analysis from most any series he has cast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i remember watching that video when it aired on gom and in it he says he wants to move into other broadcasting in the future. that's how he sees his casting, not casting the game but as a traditional broadcaster. now fair enough, i dont think every caster has to have artosis levels of passion for the game and im not knocking tasteless for treating his job as a job, but imo it shows in his casts.
    he's just not that good and if he wasn't a plott with his history of bw fanboyism he'd have been turfed out long ago. He's a fine broadcaster and the scene does need people in it who are in it "for the job" if everyone was a fanatic about the game it'd be too insular and the barrier to entry would be higher for new viewers. I suppose im trying to get across that i'm not knocking him for the sake of knocking him, I just genuinely think he's a bad caster although at this stage.. while I would prefer artosis/apollo or artosis/wolf for mlg's/dreamhacks/whatnot.. it just wouldnt be the gsl without tasteless even if all he does that's worthwhile is to make artosis laugh like a retard every now and again.

i remember watching that video when it aired on gom and in it he says he wants to move into other broadcasting in the future. that's how he sees his casting, not casting the game but as a traditional broadcaster. now fair enough, i dont think every caster has to have artosis levels of passion for the game and im not knocking tasteless for treating his job as a job, but imo it shows in his casts.
    he's just not that good and if he wasn't a plott with his history of bw fanboyism he'd have been turfed out long ago. He's a fine broadcaster and the scene does need people in it who are in it "for the job" if everyone was a fanatic about the game it'd be too insular and the barrier to entry would be higher for new viewers. I suppose im trying to get across that i'm not knocking him for the sake of knocking him, I just genuinely think he's a bad caster although at this stage.. while I would prefer artosis/apollo or artosis/wolf for mlg's/dreamhacks/whatnot.. it just wouldnt be the gsl without tasteless even if all he does that's worthwhile is to make artosis laugh like a retard every now and again.

That's close to how I feel.

My main problem is the feigned game knowledge, and mistakes. That's what I like in a cast, and so he irks me. That's why I like Bitterdam. They both have good insight; even apart from that, they complement each other; they make a good pair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement