Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Dublin Full Membership

Options
  • 12-05-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

They say join the course closest to you - mine is Royal Dublin ... is it possible to get full membership, is it closed to new members for the forseeable future?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dubber wrote: »
    They say join the course closest to you - mine is Royal Dublin ... is it possible to get full membership, is it closed to new members for the forseeable future?

For the laugh sent them an email. In fairness to them nice reply. They told me Pavilion membership was open, see other thread.

From other thread my head went in a spin. Seemed like life is too short for that. Anyway seems as flat as a pancake for a links, have not played it.

Will when my game is right.

St Annes still too expensive and too flat too.

Portmarnock Links ?

Island a bit too far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

For the laugh sent them an email. In fairness to them nice reply. They told me Pavilion membership was open, see other thread.

From other thread my head went in a spin. Seemed like life is too short for that. Anyway seems as flat as a pancake for a links, have not played it.

Will when my game is right.

St Annes still too expensive and too flat too.

Portmarnock Links ?

Island a bit too far ?

Thanks for the info ... probably going to join St. Margaret's, but thought i better check out the "local" courses just in case.

Thanks for the info ... probably going to join St. Margaret's, but thought i better check out the "local" courses just in case.

I did the full run, IMO options of great courses are limited on the Northside of Dublin. There are good courses, but close and a top course is limited.

I got a feeling the Margaret's was on a downward trend. Also another thread. But it is a fine course, I'm too picky.

I did the full run, IMO options of great courses are limited on the Northside of Dublin. There are good courses, but close and a top course is limited.

I got a feeling the Margaret's was on a downward trend. Also another thread. But it is a fine course, I'm too picky.

I played there a few weeks ago and it was in great condition and thought I'd read somewhere that their membership numbers are on the up? Luttrelstown is also nice, but hard for me to justify an extra €500 ... but posts for another thread as you said.

I played there a few weeks ago and it was in great condition and thought I'd read somewhere that their membership numbers are on the up? Luttrelstown is also nice, but hard for me to justify an extra €500 ... but posts for another thread as you said.

When I was there the greens were not great, must go back in summer. Even the putting green was poor. But it is too big and hard to keep right. Luttrelstown, is nice a bit too much driving IMO.

• Advertisement

When I was there the greens were not great, must go back in summer. Even the putting green was poor. But it is too big and hard to keep right. Luttrelstown, is nice a bit too much driving IMO.

Couldn't judge the greens when I was there (recently sanded), but will be playing again there shortly before I join. Portmarnock links is a good call, but location not great for others in my group.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭markie4

From recently talking to a member, I was told that there would be a possibility of full membership proposals up to the end of May. €15,000 hello money. €2,200 subs. He also mentioned that there were 5day memberships open at the moment too, €10K entry fee. Not sure of the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

To be honest if the members don't own the land I would stay away from it.

What about Corrstown beside it or Roganstown (again don't think the members own the land).

Did you check out Clontarf or Howth, not my first choice but if its location you want.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    To be honest if the members don't own the land I would stay away from it.

What about Corrstown beside it or Roganstown (again don't think the members own the land).

Did you check out Clontarf or Howth, not my first choice but if its location you want.

Corrstown is second on the list, it seems to have a good membership, I've only played 18 of the 27, but prefer Margaret's as a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

Does anyone know the membership status of Royal Dublin these days?

I presume the entrance money is 10k plus, do you still need to go through the process of being a Pavilion member for 5 years before applying for 5 day than 6 day to finally get 7 day?

• Advertisement
Advertisement