Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebecca Black’s Former Producer Creates Sequel to ‘Friday’ .. srsly

Options
  • 10-05-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Every Friday, when you catch yourself humming Rebecca Black‘s infamous weekend anthem, you can thank Patrice Wilson. He’s responsible for writing the song.

But how do you come back from being the man known and ridiculed for “Friday?” Well, you write another song explaining what it’s like.

“I figured I might as well kind of tell the story of what happened,” says Wilson, who addresses the backlash with a sense of humor in the new video. “When people see that it’s not getting to you, then maybe they can start liking you. With all the hate, I just wanted to make something that would make people smile.”

The song, “H.A.P.P.Y.,” is a sequel to “Friday.” Continuing with the days-of-the-week theme, the video picks up right where Wilson left off in Black’s video: Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

That song did not make me h.a.p.p.y....

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Spoiler alert.....
    It's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Self indulgent crap.
    That was painful to watch - way worse than the original song.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Spoiler alert.....
    It's awful.

Thats not a spoiler, thats the premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

This belongs in the nope thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know which is worse, the song or the "comedy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I still havent heard more than 20 seconds of the Friday song, aside from people singing it in real life, and I dont plan to watch this one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Sequel to 'Friday'? Why isn't it called 'Saturday'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Sequel to 'Friday'? Why isn't it called 'Saturday'?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

At least Friday was amusing, this is just cringeworthy.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I think that's the third song he's released about his experiences after Friday. He just won't let it die.

Advertisement