Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antisocial behaviour Perth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Recently, I was in a hotel in a small town in Queensland - five hours inland from Brisbane - where I was personally told they don't rent rooms to Irish people (they made allowances for me because a contractor booked the room for me), and to add to that, one of the rental agencies in the town rent places to Irish either. Things like that speak for themselves so there's no point in me saying anything about the character of the Irish here in Australia, other than that I feel we aren't viewed in much different light to how the English are viewed on the continent.

Is it any wonder? No, not at all. Will it only get worse? Yes, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

We should have a sticky for all these things, Thread of Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good to see something being done about the small amount of arseholes acting the bollox here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubnobass

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good to see something being done about the small amount of arseholes acting the bollox here.

But not so good to see that their behaviour could potentially make it even more difficult for people looking to head out there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Choice comments under the story. Anyone know Nicholas Barron by chance, Hey Nick ive got a new name for you that rhymes with Nick, it might be easy to remember which in the over all scheme of things might be good, your parents thought ahead somewhat albeit 40 weeks to late.

"Nicholas Barron on May 8, 2012 at 10:09 am said: The Irish should just continue partying. If the Aussies don’t get it, they don’t it. So be it if a few Irish have to be deported. These are the times we live in, if the Aussies can handle a bit of Oirish, f*ck ‘em!
    Nick – Sydney"

although this one i did agree with, had bit of a chuckle at it as well.

"I really should be working on May 8, 2012 at 10:35 am said:
    God when the Aussies are commenting on your behaviour it must be bad."

I pity those of you who want to call Australia home after some of these tools have been and gone, but i actually pity the Irish who emigrated there in the 80's, like the blokes i worked with during my Apprenticeship, proper gentlemen who gave Ireland and the Irish a good name, a good name ruined by spoiled little knackers now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

****ing whinging Aussies, if you dont want thousands of partying kids in your country then stop handing out visas to attract them. I dont see the Aussies complaining about the millions they inject into the local economy without costing the state a penny in provided services.

Have to laugh at all these WHV clowns posting here that they can't find work in Perth, like really what employer would be stupid enough to employ any Irish people these days.

and in reply to another thread the other day..... why would a mining company give a $500,000 dump truck to someone on a WHV when they cant even be trusted with looking after a rental property?

CiaranC wrote: »
    I dont see the Aussies complaining about the millions they inject into the local economy without costing the state a penny in provided services.

Is the of the Western Australian Police Force considered a service, their wasted time spent dealing with Tiger Cubs.
    ****ing whinging Aussies,

Why do you even bother posting here anymore???

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

I would be pretty certain that it is a hoax letter/no such letter exists. Looks complete bull to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The Aussie wrote: »
    Why do you even bother posting here anymore???
    Do I need permission from you to post? This is an Aus/NZ forum.
    myhorse wrote:
    I would be pretty certain that it is a hoax letter/no such letter exists. Looks complete bull to me.
    If it was anywhere else maybe, but nothing ceases to amaze me in Australia. Slagging national/ethnic/racial groups is like a national pastime there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Tiger cubs make baby Jesus cry

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chrispym

Haters gonna hate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swordfisher

This doesnt surprise me one bit. The are so many scummy knackers from Ireland in Perth. It gives everyone else a bad name. Walk through Perth day or night and you'll see these dumbass inbred dirtbags with their shaved heads and knacker jewellery behaving like they have been just let out of the zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

People are talking like this is a new phenomenon.

When i was in college (1st year 10 years ago), going on a J1 visa to the States and wrecking apartments and generally be drunken messes for a summer was the thing to do. It was one of the reasons I never went on one myself, I didn't want to be associated.

Some of the behaviour I have seen in Melbourne has embarrassed me as an Irishman but little of it has surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

This doesnt surprise me one bit. The are so many scummy knackers from Ireland in Perth. It gives everyone else a bad name. Wlak through Perth day or night and you'll see these dumbass inbred dirtbag with their shaved heads and knacker jewellery behaving like they have been just let out of the zoo.

along with the jewellery and haircut

100_4733.JPG

WhitePumaSock2.jpg

nike-air-max-1-87-mesh-medium-grey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fintan o tooley

Have to agree with swordfish on his previous post. Most Irish that are over here fit exactly that same description. I came here for a years backpacking along with a mate who been here intermittantly over the last 10 years or so. He can't get over how much the attitude to the Irish has changed over the last few years. Back in the day he said all you had to do is speak to a aussie and you'd pull her and also everyone was so welcoming where as now were usually met with indifference.

To be honest you can't blame the Aussie's for feeling like this. Every paddy you meet seems to have some scam going. i.e here illegally, using fake ABN's fighting outside the pubs etc. Best one is where boys get rowdy cos their told to stop drinking after 20 pints 'shur I'm grand I'd drink twice as much at home'. The clowns seem to think that all the staff and owner would risk a massive fine so Paddy from 12,000 miles away can drink his brains out till he pukes on the floor 'har har'.

Another thing that bothers me is the general rowdyness of the Irish in the bars. I watch the Man City match the other night and had a lad sit near me shouting 'cúnts' 'fúcken Man City cúnts' as loud as he could over and over again. Of course he was so passionate about his football he missed about 25 minutes of the end of the match to have a fag break before one last 'fúcken cúnts' when he actually found out the score was

Probably the best bit is the amount of lads earning 1200-1500 a week and have to borrow money left right and centre cos they have no money left from the previous week. Now I know it's an expensive country but at least 600 of that is drank in the Cock and Bull thurs/fri/sat/sun. Jesus do they not have any memory of why they left Ireland in the first place. The boom here cannot go on forever.

I'm only here 5 months and I've travelled a bit but I'm so put off by the Irish here that I'm just going to work for a couple more months and then travel on. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely country and I know a lot of respectable irish over here but everywhere seem's to be overrun with the small town chain necklace wearing skanger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

****ing whinging Aussies.

Mod Please stop trolling, coming on to a forum full of Aussies you should know what kind of reaction you will get from that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Have to agree with swordfish on his previous post. Most Irish that are over here fit exactly that same description. I came here for a years backpacking along with a mate who been here intermittantly over the last 10 years or so. He can't get over how much the attitude to the Irish has changed over the last few years. Back in the day he said all you had to do is speak to a aussie and you'd pull her and also everyone was so welcoming where as now were usually met with indifference.

To be honest you can't blame the Aussie's for feeling like this. Every paddy you meet seems to have some scam going. i.e here illegally, using fake ABN's fighting outside the pubs etc. Best one is where boys get rowdy cos their told to stop drinking after 20 pints 'shur I'm grand I'd drink twice as much at home'. The clowns seem to think that all the staff and owner would risk a massive fine so Paddy from 12,000 miles away can drink his brains out till he pukes on the floor 'har har'.

Another thing that bothers me is the general rowdyness of the Irish in the bars. I watch the Man City match the other night and had a lad sit near me shouting 'cúnts' 'fúcken Man City cúnts' as loud as he could over and over again. Of course he was so passionate about his football he missed about 25 minutes of the end of the match to have a fag break before one last 'fúcken cúnts' when he actually found out the score was

Probably the best bit is the amount of lads earning 1200-1500 a week and have to borrow money left right and centre cos they have no money left from the previous week. Now I know it's an expensive country but at least 600 of that is drank in the Cock and Bull thurs/fri/sat/sun. Jesus do they not have any memory of why they left Ireland in the first place. The boom here cannot go on forever.

I'm only here 5 months and I've travelled a bit but I'm so put off by the Irish here that I'm just going to work for a couple more months and then travel on. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely country and I know a lot of respectable irish over here but everywhere seem's to be overrun with the small town chain necklace wearing skanger
    The type of behaviour you describe seems to be concentrated to Northbridge in Perth.
    We live a bit out in the burbs and the locals generally all seem to like us. ie in the local pub/shops/neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Great post. I lived near Northbridge in Perth and it seemed to attract the lowest common denominator of Irish people, I generally tried to avoid it.

I actually live quote near to the Cock & Bull in Sydney now, been here over two months and I haven't even gone as I've seen the type of morons it attracts if I'm on late shift in work and coming home at night.

There are probably only a few of us here agree with you, but unfortunately some of the posters on here wear this behaviour as a badge of honor. Then the blame the locals as being Anti-Irish and everything else.

Really when you are the guest in someone else country you shouldn't be behaving like that, I reckon it time for a 2500 or 5000 limit on WHV like Canada.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Great post. I lived near Northbridge in Perth and it seemed to attract the lowest common denominator of Irish people, I generally tried to avoid it.

I actually live quote near to the Cock & Bull in Sydney now, been here over two months and I haven't even gone as I've seen the type of morons it attracts if I'm on late shift in work and coming home at night.

Best thing I ever did was get out of Eastern suburbs, there was 12 us moved to the innerwest and 9 of are still here a either PR or Citizens. If we stayed in the Eastern suburbs at best there would have only been 2 or 3.

I dont see the Aussies complaining about the millions they inject into the local economy without costing the state a penny in provided services.

Ok you dodged the question the first time so i will try again,
    Do you think the time of the State Police Forces is a provided service?
    Do you think the time of the Doctors and Nurses is a provided service who have to stitch these idiots back together?
    Do you think the time of the Council Staff who have to clean up their mess after they done everything except use a bin is a provided service?

I could go on and on but the fact is the the net Economic and Social gain from hosting these Scum in Australia is negligible.

Awaiting you next Pearl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

These people are morons who give the rest of us a bad name. It amazes me how many people waste a once in a lifetime visa to just drink their brains out, and not see anywhere in this country at all. Earning good money and drinking it away. Getting into fights for no reason, waking up the next morning and remembering nothing, turning up to work drunk and thinking it is funny, and worst of all, wearing those hideous GAA jerseys.

However, I do not like the belittling of the WHV, and I have noticed certain posters here looking down on it on many occasions now. Firstly, just because you are on a sponsored visa doesn’t mean you are better than us, so get down off that high horse. The vast majority of WHV holders do NOT carry on like these people. There are people from all over the world holding WHVs, not just Irish people. I have never seen a German, French, Italian, Norwegian, Swede carry on like that, and they come to Australia in their droves like the Irish do, so no, they should not have a quota of WHVs holders just so your precious selves can enjoy some peace. Deport the muppets yes, but don’t punish the vast majority of good people because of these clowns.

And please stop referring to the WHV as a holiday. Many people come over here on it for more than just a holiday, to gain work experience for when they go back home, or to possibly get sponsored.

04072511 wrote: »
    And please stop referring to the WHV as a holiday. Many people come over here on it for more than just a holiday, to gain work experience for when they go back home, or to possibly get sponsored.

Yeah you are absolutely right, its a Visitor visa see....

204173.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24 supp

We've just come to accept the drunken Irish in Melbourne. You are all welcome here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

A local asked me what was the story with the young Irish and drink. I can't say here what his job is but he told me of one young Irish who was turned around at the airport for being drunk beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If it's a small amount, then why the blanket rule?

It's probably a 'small amount' in the same way that a 'small amount' of Travellers cause problems in Ireland... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

supp wrote: »
    We've just come to accept the drunken Irish in Melbourne. You are all welcome here!

Ha just as long as they stay in their ghetto (carlisle/barkley street in St Kilda)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

From the WAtoday site:
    “It is clear that there are some significant differences in the policing of licensed premises in Australia to those in Ireland,” Insp. Steel said.
    The letter was no hoax.
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/13646213/police-concern-over-backpacker-behaviour/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sundy wrote: »
    along with the jewellery and haircut

100_4733.JPG

WhitePumaSock2.jpg

nike-air-max-1-87-mesh-medium-grey.jpg

Brilliant!!! That is EXACTLY what they are like. STick out a mile. But they also wear those snow white trainers with no laces, kind of look like a sock.... I f**king hate those trainers!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement