Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sites to buy airsoft guns?

• 08-05-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

OK first of all i know there is a sub forum to look for guns.
    But i am looking to buy outside of ireland as the prices are too expensive.
    I am looking to buy from USA or UK
    Any one reccomend any good websites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What are you looking for that is too expensive domestically? If we have an idea of what you're looking for, we can point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Inari wrote: »
    What are you looking for that is too expensive domestically? If we have an idea of what you're looking for, we can point you in the right direction

I think i was looking at a thompson and it was 200 euro here and 150 euro over in america. I usually would just buy it here but the thompson over there is 450 fps and here is only 340.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

nathan99 wrote: »
    I think i was looking at a thompson and it was 200 euro here and 150 euro over in america. I usually would just buy it here but the thompson over there is 450 fps and here is only 340.

Assuming we're talking .2g BBs, both those FPS readings are illegal in this country.

Plus, it's unlikely to work out cheaper when you factor in VAT, P&P, etc. Even if it's €10-20 more, it's honestly worth it because you have an Irish shop to go back to if there's problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Considering when you buy abroad bring it into the country. you have to add the vat @21% then get it downgraded to the irish legal limit of 328fps otherwise you will have an illegal firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

andy_g wrote: »
    Considering when you buy abroad bring it into the country. you have to add the vat @21% then get it downgraded to the irish legal limit of 328fps otherwise you will have an illegal firearm.

Do they check it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

vat @21%

It's 23% now. :(

Do they check it?

More than likely it would be stopped by custom's it would get checked and if over 328fps with a .20 BB it would be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Do they check it?

Eh yes it looks like a gun so every test known to man will be carried out on it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Reasons to be inside Ireland (not limited too): Guaranteed to be 1j or under (therefore legal), no need to worry about it being destroyed at customs (cos it will be legal), you have a place to bring it too should something go wrong (as it'll have a warranty), you support the Irish economy (cos, well, it's fucked).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Not to also forget that if buying from the US, you have to contend with that god-awful orange blaze on the barrel of every airsoft gun, along with the lack of trademarks for any guns that do not have licensed trades (if bothered about such things)

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Reasons to be inside Ireland (not limited too): Guaranteed to be 1j or under (therefore legal), no need to worry about it being destroyed at customs (cos it will be legal), you have a place to bring it too should something go wrong (as it'll have a warranty), you support the Irish economy (cos, well, it's fucked).

Yh bt sn't vr cnt md n rlnd's cnm bng snt t sm frg n Frnc r nz n Grmn?

Jsmurff wrote: »

You have been disemvowled for off topic posting please keep on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

OK first of all i know there is a sub forum to look for guns.
    But i am looking to buy outside of ireland as the prices are too expensive.
    I am looking to buy from USA or UK
    Any one reccomend any good websites?

Ok the usual surpects are:
    Ehobbyasia.com - Great selection - customer service can be a pain in the rear.
    RSOV.com - Resonable selection (mostly China made goods) - excellent customer service, can be slow but they will work with you.
    WGCshop.com - Great selection - Never had to deal with them after a transaction.
    Redwolfairsoft.com - Great selection - Always found their customer service to be excellent.

I personally don't deal with USA sites as the shipping can be nuts.
    There are lots of quality shops to purchase from.
    Thread available here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353663

Remember if purchased inside the EU the price you see is the end price.
    Total= Cost + shipping + downgrade.
    Outside the EU
    Total = Cost + shipping + downgrade divided by exchange rate, multiplied by min. 1.035 (3.5% customs charge) & then a multiplied by a further 1.23 (VAT @ 23%) + Postal/Courier handling charge.

Enjoy. :)

Jsmurff wrote: »

You have been disemvowled for off topic posting please keep on topic.
    Hmm that's a new one… never seen that befor :confused:

Advertisement