Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

introduce myself

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It sounds like a very low resistance carto.

I had a batch of dual coil carto's that were the same. Just make sure they are totally wet at all times, and ya should be good. If your not comfortable using them, have you considered the single coil Boge 510's?

The vapour wont be as warm off them, and the flavour might be slightly less than on a DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

jessconr wrote: »
    Yeah it hisses but I can also hear a loud enough spark noise every couple of seconds. When I take a draw it Burns the throat off me and there's very little vapour on the exhale. I've used a tank and atomizer from my 510 and That vapes lovely. I've also tried another Carto from the kit just to see if the one I was using was faulty but that's the same also??

How much liquid have you dripped into the cartomiser or are you using a tank with it? That sounds to me like the cartomiser is too dry and doesn't have enough liquid in it. Have a look at this video it may help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjh2hsZcjco

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

newmark wrote: »
    How much liquid have you dripped into the cartomiser or are you using a tank with it? That sounds to me like the cartomiser is too dry and doesn't have enough liquid in it. Have a look at this video it may help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjh2hsZcjco

I put enough liquid that the sponge inside to carto is soaked and liquid starts dripping out the end. I've even tried the method on your YouTube video. No luck. feck all vapour and it Burns the throat off me. Very disappointing :-(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Great will give that a go too! I'm on the menthol :)
    Best flavour by far :) I love the fresh minty kick from it.
    jessconr wrote:
    I put enough liquid that the sponge inside to carto is soaked and liquid starts dripping out the end. I've even tried the method on your YouTube video. No luck. feck all vapour and it Burns the throat off me. Very disappointing :-(
    Is it possibly flooded, is it very gurgly when you try to draw on it, or is the draw very tight?

stevenmu wrote: »
    Is it possibly flooded, is it very gurgly when you try to draw on it, or is the draw very tight?

No not flooded. I blew through he end of the carto to make aure the airway was free. No gargling noises, just a hissing noise as I should expect but when I take a draw it lifts the throat out of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

jessconr wrote: »
    No not flooded. I blew through he end of the carto to make aure the airway was free. No gargling noises, just a hissing noise as I should expect but when I take a draw it lifts the throat out of me

Did you try another cartomiser yet and how much e-liquid do you estimate you put into it?

Just read back the thread there and you tried the second one al-right. I would say maybe get onto the vendor and let them know and they might send you on replacement cartomisers as you might have been unlucky and gotten dodgy ones. Definitely something wrong.

I got a private message off Paul from e-smokeireland. Top bloke to deal with. He's offered me a biansi tank and atomizer to try out. He reckons the dual coil might be too strong on the throat for me. Fair play

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm, the dual coils are kinda the harshest of the cartomisers alright cos they're well.. dual coiled and so low resistance.

hopefully you get on better with the imist anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I've also come across somebody in the past couple of days who also found the DCC's too harsh for them, even with the most neutral of eLiquids.

Different strokes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's hard to tell really what's best for each person
    friend of mine was a 20+ carrols a day man but found 18mg way too strong so moved down to 12mg after a couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Jaysus, that's nice of Paul in fairness!

Top man to deal with just by ordering juice from, follow up email to ask me if flavors were nice and so on, highly recommended! :-)

Advertisement