Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imist - liquid in the mouth?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Great news and a good tip.

Wanted to order a spare atty or two for my imist today from BV and there's a new design out. Will post more when I get it but from the pictures I was sent it looks like the spike now sits on top of the atty and the wick drops into it (rather than pushes up into it) which should help this damn gravity thing getting in the way. Paul from BV reckkons the vapour is great from it.

I've been 'field testing' my repair at work today.

There have been no leaks whatsoever. I'd forgotten how good these things are when they're working properly.:)

The problem I had was indeed with the replacement wicks.

The solution was pretty simple.

When you install one of these wicks, push down on the base of it with a cocktail stick. This has the effect of widening the base of the wick & giving it a better seal.

It doesn't always work first time, but after a few goes it will seal alright. You need to take care not to apply too much pressure, or you could break the unit. Just enough to widen the base of the wick.

Hope this is of help.

but if you push the wick mesh through the hole in the spike won't it just pop out? would shaping the mesh with your finger before putting it into the spike work better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

glasso wrote: »
    but if you push the wick mesh through the hole in the spike won't it just pop out? would shaping the mesh with your finger before putting it into the spike work better?

Umm, maybe. Each to their own.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Someone suggested squeezing the base, but I couldn't see that working, as it would leave even more space to let liquid thru.

The key IMO, is shaping the base to create a good seal.

Arranging the fiberglass doesn't do any good.

Just widen the base with a cocktail stick from the top down & you will get it to work. I can gaurantee this will do the job.

Had a few spare wicks and with more on the way I thought I'd do some research. Much of what I read suggested pulling the wick down. I tried wedging the wick in a low position but this just resulted in caramelised wicks and a heavy draw very quickly. For me the longest life, best flavour and best vapour come from a higher wick position - pretty much like it ships with.

Think I've cracked a consistent technique that works for me - put the wick in place, cover the bottom (wick end) with my thumb and then suck the wick higher up the spike. It stays in place and gives a lovely vape. Still have a morbid fear that one day I'll get a wick too small and inhale the damn thing - until that day I'll be sticking with this technique.

The wicks also respond well to cleaning - been soaking them in alcohol along with my atty.

Great news and a good tip.

Wanted to order a spare atty or two for my imist today from BV and there's a new design out. Will post more when I get it but from the pictures I was sent it looks like the spike now sits on top of the atty and the wick drops into it (rather than pushes up into it) which should help this damn gravity thing getting in the way. Paul from BV reckkons the vapour is great from it.

any more details/news on this new atty then?

• Advertisement

Don't know anything more than what was posted and the pictures on the link below but once they arrive I'll post again.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Imist_atomizer_new_design/p1274299_6091909.aspx

The atty's look suspiciously like and ego-c to me. Will let you know how I get on.

Right, here's the lowdown.

Turns out they're not biansi attys but 3rd party ones that BV have got in. The base is similar (i.e. cleanable) although the coil and ceramic cup are different. The big difference is that the spike and wick holder are now in one piece which is separate from the cone. The wick is encased in a tube which holds it more firmly and makes it easy to position and keeps it there. It'll use the standard imist wicks happily enough.

First impressions - the thing gives off a ridiculous amount of vapour to the point where if I draw on it too hard it'll dry vape. Flavour to begin with was a bit more muted although this is increasing with a lower wick position and now that the atty is burning in. In fact, the flavours starting to get pretty good. The finish on them is black rather than gun metal (shame). The vape is very cool if that's your bag.

If it proves as durable and resistant to cleaning as the originals it'll be an interesting piece of kit. Time will tell but for now I'm enjoying less wick fiddling and totally obscene amounts of vapour :)

Advertisement