Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@Earhrin for the orals, just burst into the room, (preferably wearing a cape of some sort,) and yell 'is fearr déanach ná ró-dhéanach!!' Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Actually that gives me a great opening seanfhocal:)
    Is tosa an duine deireanach?
    Is mé, ach is fearr mall ná go brách!

Ha that reminds me of An Triail:

'Is mé, ach ní ormsa is chóir aon phioc den mílleáin a chur'.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Best of luck tomorrow Cian!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Eathrin wrote: »
    Thank you:) And it is kinda frustrating seeing the relief on everyone's face at being finished oral exams forever when I have to go last!

Think of it this way , you'll have the whole day to go over stuff. Just don't let the nerves get the better of you, and take a deep breath before it's about to start it really helps. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Remember, you'll have the subconscious "Oh, thank fk, this is the last one, and I can go home and relax for the weekend!" thing going for you! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The geography project done now thats the orals and projects finished! :)
    I went over by 129 words in the project though.
    Now back to normal study this weekend :).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I got 33/35 on a section of the HPAT we did in careers ages ago but just got back today.

Why didn't I do medicine? :cool:

I'm getting so sick of people mailing me and asking me for the mock spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Are the mocks not over?

• Advertisement

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Are the mocks not over?

Apparently not, I'm getting private messages almost everyday asking for the history mock or the accounting mock or some other subject that I don't do :mad:

UGH SAME, I tell them I can only help with <my 7 subjects> and they STILL mail me. I ignored it til I got a load of whiny PMs, but its stopped now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Apparently not, I'm getting private messages almost everyday asking for the history mock or the accounting mock or some other subject that I don't do :mad:

Seriously?!? It's a bit late, after the orals like :/ tell them to fúck off. Why do they think you have them? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

EXACT SAME. I just got one asking for Chemistry, History and Accounting. Eh píss off.

On a brighter note, have just looked through stuff there and realised:
    • 25% of French is Done
    • 40% of Irish- Done
    • 50% of Music- Done
    • 20% of Geography- Done
    • 60% of LCVP- Done

That's a massive amount, and it's all happened the last 2 weeks. Finally handed up Geography and LCVP today, and let me tell you, sealing up those envelopes was every bit as delightful as I thought it would be! Never have to see/think about Geography/LCVP Portfolios again!!

Just realised that 22% of the Leaving Cert subjects I may count is done! :D :eek:

Now, just the exams which I hope will go fairly well with a bit more revision and it's off to college to study Contract Law! :P

OPTIMISM- FTW :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Physics is a bitch of a subject. I work and I work and I never get anywhere. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Physics is a bitch of a subject. I work and I work and I never get anywhere. :(

Papers, papers, papers :) only discovered recently how it actually is SO much better to work through papers occasionally using the book for reference than just reading the book.

What our teacher tells us is: learn all experiments very well. It's not that difficult because a lot of them are very similar. Okay, that's 30% of your exam already.

Learn the Electron, Atom, Nucleus & Radioactivity, Fission/Fusion/Nuclear Energy and Particle Physics chapters. They are definitely the easier chapters compared to mechanics or electricity. In a good year you might have a whole 2.5 full questions on the paper based on these 4 chapters! In a bad year you will have at least one long question.

Then what I will do is revise light, heat, wave chapters. They are not overly difficult either and the odds are you will have enough to answer 5 questions in Section B.

We never even covered any of the Mechanics chapters in school and many people are gonna ignore electricity chapters too. It might catch you out a little bit in Question 5, but we should be fine.

Hope this helped a little bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Maths teacher is seriously pissing me off. I asked her last week what proofs we need to know for paper 1, and she said "Oh don't worry about that, I'll be giving you out a list." Fair enough. Asked her again about it this week just to remind her and again, she said she'll give us a list. Then today somebody else asked what proofs we need to know and she said the same. So I asked (not even in a cheeky way or anything) when she'd be giving out the list, and she just looked kind of surprised/confused and went "Why, do you want it now? I was going to give it to you later" "Well yeah, I'd like to start learning them" "But you already know you need to know the theorems, at least" "Yeah but I don't know what else I'm even supposed to be learning." So she looked very annoyed, said "Yeah, sure, I can give that to you on Monday." The way she was acting made it feel like I'd done something wrong by asking her about it. God, sorry to put you out by asking you to clarify what's on our course.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Irish oral wasn't too bad. An spailpin fanach and Rialacha na scoile.
    Not a bad conversation. Didn't get to use all of my vocab or tenses but focusing on the positives I think she was pleased all in all with it.
    Glad that's over. Now I have 5 2nd mocks coming up in the next couple weeks!
    But first..is my weekend rest as per usual:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Its the weekend. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

subz3r0 wrote: »
    We never even covered any of the Mechanics chapters in school and many people are gonna ignore electricity chapters too. It might catch you out a little bit in Question 5, but we should be fine.

Rishky business there :P I'm covering everything apart from light, in the DEB mock the question wasn't nice at all and completely threw me off it!
    Took the day off today and completely covered all of particle physics, the electron, radioactivity and nuclear physics... Think I'll take tomorrow off :pac:

Arghhhhh maths is such a challenge. I hate knowing that this all makes perfect sense and I just cant see it at all! :confused:

Integration test got deferred to Wednesday and I'm thinking my maximum score will be 60% if I get full marks in the (a) and (b)'s - which is rather difficult for me, but the (c) parts dont even deserve mentioning :pac:

I'd love to get a B in the LC but I'd be happy with what I can get at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Papers, papers, papers :) only discovered recently how it actually is SO much better to work through papers occasionally using the book for reference than just reading the book.

What our teacher tells us is: learn all experiments very well. It's not that difficult because a lot of them are very similar. Okay, that's 30% of your exam already.

Learn the Electron, Atom, Nucleus & Radioactivity, Fission/Fusion/Nuclear Energy and Particle Physics chapters. They are definitely the easier chapters compared to mechanics or electricity. In a good year you might have a whole 2.5 full questions on the paper based on these 4 chapters! In a bad year you will have at least one long question.

Then what I will do is revise light, heat, wave chapters. They are not overly difficult either and the odds are you will have enough to answer 5 questions in Section B.

Hope this helped a little bit :)

Thank you! I'm abandoning optics because I hate it, but my main questions will be waves, heat, electricity, modern physics and maybe mechanics depending on how I'm feeling.

My problem is maybe I haven't done enough stuff with the marking scheme, I'm always missing the bolded word even though I know the answer to the question. Like I know and understand all the stuff, but I'm always missing 3 marks here and 3 marks there! So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Freaking out about the HPAT results on Monday. I don't even want to know them at this stage. Just gonna find a corner to sit in and cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Saturday study at 9:30 :/ Ah well I always get a lot done so...

I broke the chain. :( It was going so well too! (Well, three days...) I literally can not study on Fridays. Ever. :cool: (I blame never getting weekend homework in national school.) :pac:

Togepi wrote: »
    I broke the chain. :( It was going so well too! (Well, three days...) I literally can not study on Fridays. Ever. :cool: (I blame never getting weekend homework in national school.) :pac:

It doesn't have to be! Just follow these steps. First purchase a DeLorean...

A DeLorean?? :confused:

?!??!?!

GET OUT TOGEPI :pac:

• Advertisement

:(

It's not my fault I didn't just Google it and pretend I knew what you were on about! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement