Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs thread

• 24-04-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

How about a tread where we can post jobs we know about or heard about to help those who ate looking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I think this is a nice idea op. I would say their could be a fair amount of seasonal jobs opening up over the coming weeks so yeah, it is a good idea for a thread whistlingtitan.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I think this is a nice idea op. I would say their could be a fair amount of seasonal jobs opening up over the coming weeks so yeah, it is a good idea for a thread whistlingtitan.
    Yep should be
    I know the abbey gate is looking for a bar person waitress and receptionist and ballengarry is looking for a head chef

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Seen a summer job on twitter today, lookup @cianodriscoll play at height in dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

"01 May 2012: 15 jobs to be created in Killarney

Fifteen jobs are to be created in Killarney.
    Outsourcing firm Tangerine Management is due to open in the middle of this month.
    It'll be based in the Killarney Technology Innovation Centre in Deer Park.
    Kerry South TDs Michael Healy-Rae, Tom Fleming, and Brendan Griffin are welcoming the announcement.
    Tangerine Management is a sister company of Cork firm Intercall which oversees a range of contracts for such clients including Vodafone, Dunnes Stores and Four Star Pizza.
    An initial six jobs will be immediately created in Killarney and a company spokesman says this number is expected to at least double within six months.
    The initial vacancies will be filled as part of an outsourced sales contract with a major international communications company.
    The managing director of Tangerine Management and Intercall is Rathmore man Niall Kelleher.
    Kerry County Enterprise Board CEO Tomás Hayes praised the decision by Killarney Technology Innovation Centre to offer the facility to Tangerine Management.
    He said that and the county's highly educated and talented workforce were factors in the company's decision to locate in Kerry.
    Chairman of Killarney Technology Innovation Centre, the town's mayor, Cllr Sean Counihan said it was a good day for the town and for Kerry.
    Tangerine is holding a recruitment open day at the Brehon Hotel in Killarney this coming Friday."

Assistant Retail Manager - Part Time (Tralee)
    Send CV to Pauline Dingivan at Enable Ireland, 12 Abbey Court, tralee Co kerry or E-mail: retailsouth@enableireland.ie. Closing date 06/07/2012

Apprentice Motor Mechanic - 1st Year/2nd Year
    To apply please forward a CV to: Tralee Employment Services Office 17 Lower Castle Street, Tralee, Co. Kerry quoting ref number AP-691554

Agricultural Development Officer
    CV to john.a.carroll@teagasc.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dunnes, Nth. Circular Rd, Tralee, have a poster up looking for managers
    http://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/Micro/JobDetails.aspx?&mid=YYGTF&sid=DCXU&jid=FUEVEVEVCX&site=Retail

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm actually now considering looking for a new job, and I was having a look at jobs around Tralee, so thought I'd post a few up! Now I have to update my CV, which is not something I've had to do in quite a while, so not looking forward to that!

Meteor in Tralee
    http://www.recruitireland.com/job/meteor-tralee-sales-consultant-pt-kerry/14605277/

Food & Beverage Manager for a 4* hotel in Tralee
    http://www.recruitireland.com/job/food--beverage-manager-4-hotel-tralee-kerry/14605685/

Head Chef for Ballygarry Hotel
    http://www.freejobs.ie/View_Job.php?posn=1160

There are quite a few on this link, rather than posting them all up check here http://www.careerjet.ie/jobs-in-tralee-37228.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

We are looking for a PHP developer in work (Farranfore), looking to fill the position ASAP too. Wordpress or Opencart experience is an advantage. It's a full time permanant role.

Send me a PM for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Quinlans fish shop are looking for some one, they have a sign up in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.traleeles.ie/

The above link is for Tralee Local Employment Services and gives a wide range of jobs in Tralee (and Kerry). One of note for those interested in retail jobs is 15 jobs to be created by DV8 fashion store in Central Plaza. Not sure if those positions are now filled but it is still advertised on the website.

Good luck, job hunters!

• Advertisement

Dominos are looking for drivers too at the moment.

There is going to be a big unit free in abbey court soon so there might be jobs going there

Well, it's official that Currys/PC World are moving to Tralee. They are advertising this week for manager/supervisor positions - link below. I believe Radio Kerry reported at some stage that up to 35 jobs would be created which is good news.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Tralee-Management-Opportunities-6853796.aspx

3 store in the square are looking for someone for a 6 month contract part time. Apply through their website.

Harvey norman also looking to recruit someone for 6 weeks for relief cover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

ongarboy wrote: »
    Well, it's official that Currys/PC World are moving to Tralee. They are advertising this week for manager/supervisor positions - link below. I believe Radio Kerry reported at some stage that up to 35 jobs would be created which is good news.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Tralee-Management-Opportunities-6853796.aspx

Thanks for the heads up on the jobs front in Tralee everyone and for anyone looking for a job in Tralee, good to have some information.

Have they listed any other jobs with Currys/PC World like those at the check out and general sales/retail/back office/admin roles?

Glad that they be likely to be coming to Tralee, high time. Is it to Manor they going to?

Did I hear correctly that Marks and Spencer's might be coming to Manor? I know that Art and Hobby store is to be coming to Tralee think its to the town centre if not it be to Manor. They advertised for jobs in the Kerryman for a new arts and hobby store a few weeks back.

I heard that 'Deals' I think a discount store I think is coming to Tralee town centre opposite Tesco in the centre of town. Not sure if that true or not.

doovdela wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on the jobs front in Tralee everyone and for anyone looking for a job in Tralee, good to have some information.

Have they listed any other jobs with Currys/PC World like those at the check out and general sales/retail/back office/admin roles?

Glad that they be likely to be coming to Tralee, high time. Is it to Manor they going to?

Did I hear correctly that Marks and Spencer's might be coming to Manor? I know that Art and Hobby store is to be coming to Tralee think its to the town centre if not it be to Manor. They advertised for jobs in the Kerryman for a new arts and hobby store a few weeks back.

I heard that 'Deals' I think a discount store I think is coming to Tralee town centre opposite Tesco in the centre of town. Not sure if that true or not.

the Arts & Hobby store is opening beside AIB on Castle street. I'd say it will be open by next week as they have the shop fitted out & looks like just waiting for stock. I didn't see jobs advertised for it anywhere though, anyone else see it?
    DV8 opened in beside Jack & Jones last weekend. Nice shop, pity I've not enough cash to spend in it though!

I spotted that AWear are looking for staff too, I think its part-time, but not sure.

The station house in Blennerville are looking for chefs and experienced bar and waiting staff

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the Arts & Hobby store is opening beside AIB on Castle street. I'd say it will be open by next week as they have the shop fitted out & looks like just waiting for stock. I didn't see jobs advertised for it anywhere though, anyone else see it?
    DV8 opened in beside Jack & Jones last weekend. Nice shop, pity I've not enough cash to spend in it though!

I spotted that AWear are looking for staff too, I think its part-time, but not sure.

I saw an ad ages ago on Kerrys Eye for the Arts Hobby shop. I'm sure those jobs have been snatched up by now.

See below re PC World/Currys jobs on radiokerry.ie/news

New electronics chain to open in Tralee

Electronics chain Currys and PC World are to begin fitting out a shop in Manor West Tralee next month. It's expected the shop will create up to 25 new jobs and will be open for business at the end of October. Open recruitment days be held at Ballygarry House Hotel on August 28th and 29th.

Meteor in abbey court are looking for part time staff, applications through the Brompton recruitment website.

Ballygarry hotel looking for a head chef
    Carlton looking for cdp and commi
    Abbeygate looking for cdp bar man and receptionist

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barkinkatz

Where is the job for Abbeygate Receptionist advertisied?

• Advertisement

Jobs ie as far as I remember

a new Gluten Free restaurant has opened in Ivy terrace, and they are looking for some staff. Info on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gluten-Free-Kitchen-Company/180170145421230

Shaws looking for a shop assistant
    Jane Norman looking for s con session manager

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    a new Gluten Free restaurant has opened in Ivy terrace, and they are looking for some staff. Info on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gluten-Free-Kitchen-Company/180170145421230

Great news! must let my Dad know about that - he is a coeliac!

Heatons and Shaws both looking for staff

Where's the heatons job advertised is it just sales? Is it in manor or in town?

Where's the heatons job advertised is it just sales? Is it in manor or in town?
    Just sales assistant I think. Is the one I'm the town centre

Did they advertise it at the shop/on shop window or is it on a jobs board online? Haven't seen anything like that advertised in the kerryman, usually don't get the kerry's eye if it advertised in that.

What about the Awear one is that sales assistant as well? Didn't see a notice in the shop or in the paper/jobs board.

Did they advertise it at the shop/on shop window or is it on a jobs board online? Haven't seen anything like that advertised in the kerryman, usually don't get the kerry's eye if it advertised in that.

What about the Awear one is that sales assistant as well? Didn't see a notice in the shop or in the paper/jobs board.
    I don't know about a wear but the heatons one was advertised in the window. I always found online was very difficult to find work in tralee, most places just throw ads up in their window.

Swamp are looking for someone too

• Advertisement

Must take note of their notices haven't seen the notices any time I am in tralee shopping lately.

Advertisement