Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricks and Mortar Sellers of Speciality Coffee + Equipment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

I think coffee society sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Anyone know a good place to buy a bialetti moka (3-6 cup) stove-top in Dublin city centre??

Don't have time to buy online.

S.

Stock (opposite Stephen's Green shopping centre) sell them as do Kitchen Complements on Chatham Street just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Stock (opposite Stephen's Green shopping centre) sell them as do Kitchen Complements on Chatham Street just around the corner.

Cheers, I picked a 9 cup Bialetti....

This is probably a stupid question but when it says 9cups, it's ok to make less than that with this one? If you just want a single coffee you can right?

As you can probably tell I'm buying it for a friend but don't know too much about them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

For devotees searching for reliable stockings of a wide range of the above, new store open in dun laoghaire, Dublin. It's a couple of doors from argos, and they stock a huge range. I bought a 500g bag of espresso beans for €10, and the mist expensive was a kilo at €25. Also bought cups, and was told they do machines etc as they're also wholesalers. I think I've found somewhere else to spend my filthy lucre !

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

The shop mentioned above is J. J. Darboven. The last time I passed them they had (among other things) a coffee roaster, a Mahlkönig Vario grinder and an ornate little brass ibrik/cevze (Turkish coffee maker) in the window. They do a lot of coffee, but not the kind we tend to be interested in on this forum, but on the other hand they do a lot of coffee making and grinding equipment, both domestic and catering, so that could be of interest. The main shop is opposite Saint Michael's Hospital, there is also another nearby on Convent Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Clinker wrote: »
    The shop mentioned above is J. J. Darboven. The last time I passed them they had (among other things) a coffee roaster, a Mahlkönig Vario grinder and an ornate little brass ibrik/cevze (Turkish coffee maker) in the window. They do a lot of coffee, but not the kind we tend to be interested in on this forum, but on the other hand they do a lot of coffee making and grinding equipment, both domestic and catering, so that could be of interest. The main shop is opposite Saint Michael's Hospital, there is also another nearby on Convent Road.
    Anybody intrested in an Aero Press in perfect condition?

http://www.adverts.ie/kitchen-appliances/coffee-aero-press/1524031

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Clinker wrote: »

above noted. they do however sell rancilio, and i scoured the country for a silvia before purchasing in ristretto in banbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

Thought I had to add up Mahers of Cork, 25 Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork - www.maherspurecoffee.ie
    They do the most amazing coffee, I usually get a lot of coffee online but they are fair on price and have a wide range of beans in the shop. They have a good source of equipment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Choochacha

http://www.beaniescoffee.ie/ Lovely coffee loads of different flavours, I think they are the only flavoured coffee company here? Do instant and wholebean (all available in decaf) My personal fave - swiss chocolate almond flavour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peaberry

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Matthew Algie Coffee & Espresso Warehouse - 25-28 Great Stand Street, Dublin 1
    1800 626 2200
    sales@matthewalgie.com
    Selling a range of Coffee, Tea and Impulse Items to the trade. Leasing traditional, bean to cup, boilers, etc etc. Coffee School, Barista School and Coffee Roaster Tutorial available.

I went looking for this place recently, having read about it in this thread, but it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Hi does anyone know where I can buy good beans and a hand grinder close to templeogue?
    Any advice greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

TheFense wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know where I can buy good beans and a hand grinder close to templeogue?
    Any advice greatly appreciated

Best bet would be either coffeeangel.com or 3fe.com. Both based in Dublin 2 or with coffee angel you can order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Thanks for the info Gran Hermano. Ha... I know this guy vaguely, too funny... I found a spot for some good beans.
    Cheers for the info, much appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Aidan045

Coffee Mojo
    http://www.coffeemojo.ie
    Great Service here.
    Based in Wicklow
    Roasts and posts the next day.
    Twice a week. Huge range of coffee
    They do a blend called black magic that's highly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Filter - George's Quay, Cork
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/F-I-L-T-E-R/537055749645261

Aeropress, V60, Clevers, Hario Grinders etc for sale there.

945190_784968328187334_781654584_n.jpg

Celebrated its first year of doing business recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know where I can get Aeropress filters in the city center, preferably north side or around George's St ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get Aeropress filters in the city center, preferably north side or around George's St ?

Humble Bean, Aungier St.
    Clement & Pekoe, South William St.
    Vice Coffee @ Twisted Pepper, Abbey St.
    Joe's @ Arnotts, Henry St.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Brian wrote: »
    Humble Bean, Aungier St.
    Clement & Pekoe, South William St.
    Vice Coffee @ Twisted Pepper, Abbey St.
    Joe's @ Arnotts, Henry St.

+Kaph, very close to George Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Fallon & Byrne sell them too

Nice one, good to know there's a few options in town. I'm going to do a right proper stock up, about how much is 4 packs ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Nice one, good to know there's a few options in town. I'm going to do a right proper stock up, about how much is 4 packs ?

If you're using that many, have you considered moving to using a metal disk?
    It's also worthwhile having one in reserve in case you run out of paper filters.

Anyone know where I'd get a blind basket to back flush ? Using a gaggia but I think they're a standard size ? I've been into 3fe and both Coffee Angles but no joy there. I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin city centre, would Arnotts be likely to stock them ?

If you're using that many, have you considered moving to using a metal disk?
    It's also worthwhile having one in reserve in case you run out of paper filters.

Sorry just seeing your reply to my question from March now ! I've since moved on from the Aeropress and rarely use it now. I'll still keep it though as it's a great way to have nice coffee when on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Anyone know where I'd get a blind basket to back flush ? Using a gaggia but I think they're a standard size ? I've been into 3fe and both Coffee Angles but no joy there. I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin city centre, would Arnotts be likely to stock them ?

Seem hard to get in Dublin, probably best to buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Watermark in Citywest sell Gaggia parts:

http://www.watermark.ie/proddetail.php?prod=GSS2CFB&Gaggia-Stainless-Steel-Cleaning-Basket-/-Blind-filter&cat=7

http://www.watermark.ie/proddetail.php?prod=RBFCD&Rubber-Back-Flush-Cleaning-Disk-/-Blind-filter&cat=7

Thanks Donnacha, it's a fair hike across the city for me, don't suppose you know of anywhere similar in the centre or Northside ? I ordered a good few bits and pieces from Happy Donkey last week and the blind basket was the one thing I forgot to add:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Captain Redbeard

If anyone is looking for a new grinder just put up an ad for a 3 month old Mazzer mini on Adverts... Boards not allowing link for some reason.

Thanks Donnacha, it's a fair hike across the city for me, don't suppose you know of anywhere similar in the centre or Northside ? I ordered a good few bits and pieces from Happy Donkey last week and the blind basket was the one thing I forgot to add:(

Bad news folks, Happy Donkey cancelled my order (without even notifying me and after theyd sent an email confirms payment, address, etc). I waited 12 days without it being delivered so then contacted them at which point they told me they cancelled it because I had sent it to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland. Their system accepts Northern Irish addresses but not addresses down south so if they wont allow people here to post to Parcel Motel I cant think of any other way of doing business with them and to be honest after the experience I had with them I wouldnt want to either. I thought it was bad form to cancel a customers order and not even tell them, luckily for me the order was a present for myself and not anyone else.

Anyway all the hassle Ive had with them means I still dont have an Iberital MC2 auto grinder which was what I had been hoping to get off them. I;ve searched high and low on ebay and Amazon and cant find them for sale anywhere. The name Iberital would suggest the company is Spanish so I had a look on ebay.es but alas nothing there either. Are Happy Donkey literally the only people who sell them ?

donnacha wrote: »

I ended up getting the blind basket from Watermark today. I was looking for a nut for a steam wand for a Gaggia Classic too as I'm swapping mine over to a Rancillo Silva. It was a bit of an unusual request in that the nut comes as a package with a new wand. Anyway the guy on the phone called Piotr was very helpful and went all the way down to their service centre to look for one. He rang me back later and it turned out they were all out but I appreciated him going the extra mile. He even said he could ask the technicians to hold onto the next one that came in but that it could be several weeks till it happens. Still sound of him to offer so I'll be using Watermark in the future for sure so thanks again for putting me onto them.

I tried to get the nut from Kenilworth Electrical but theyve none either. If nothing shows up soon theres a hack saw going to get introduced to my old steam wand to get that dam nut off :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Bad news folks, Happy Donkey cancelled my order (without even notifying me and after theyd sent an email confirms payment, address, etc). I waited 12 days without it being delivered so then contacted them at which point they told me they cancelled it because I had sent it to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland. Their system accepts Northern Irish addresses but not addresses down south so if they wont allow people here to post to Parcel Motel I cant think of any other way of doing business with them and to be honest after the experience I had with them I wouldnt want to either. I thought it was bad form to cancel a customers order and not even tell them, luckily for me the order was a present for myself and not anyone else.
    Have you tried contacting them directly? Here's their contact details. Seems like the best option would be a RyanAir flight to Barcelona to their office/shop, once you've established that they sell to the public and have the right model available.

Advertisement