Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eGo Variable Voltage Battery

Options
  • 11-04-2012 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start a thread on this as there doesn't appear to be one already here.

Received mine today from Bestcig.ie.

3.2v, 4.7v & 4.2v. Out of box setting is 3.2v and 5 clicks brings it to 3.7v and another 5 brings it to 4.2v.

It has a battery indicator and the voltage is indicated by a little collar close to the button.

I like it. It's my first experience of variable voltage (as limited as it is). I can feel the difference in each voltage mainly through the heat and also sense small differences in flavour. I wouldnt say the differences are collosal or anything but definitely there. I'm using Liqua Citrus Mix on a DCT with a new pre punched carto.

Threw my eGo-C on and I can feel a bigger difference. The eGo-C LR works pretty well normally but if you vape any way frequently, you get a rotten taste (wit Liqua anyway). Interestingly, the 3.2v stays lovely all the time but as soon as I used the 4.2v setting, I got one puff and the next puff was that stinking taste. Somebody suggested here before that the Liqua dont tend to work too well at any kind of higher voltage so that coule be it.

The only thing I dont like is all of the fecking lights on the battery - it's like a Christmas tree when you activate it. Not a bad little investment if somebody just wanted to experience a fraction of the effects of different voltages.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there is a thread on it
    somewhere
    god knows what it's called though

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056345621&page=2 i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

there is a thread on it
    somewhere
    god knows what it's called though

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056345621&page=2 i think...

Heh, reading through your posts in there and they pretty much mirror image mine. I get some effect using the carto but a more pronounced effect using other stuff.

heh, reading it atm myself

i can still remember the excitement waiting for that first lavatube in the post :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

heh, reading it atm myself

i can still remember the excitement waiting for that first lavatube in the post :)

Was considering one of these batts a while ago to make the VV jump.

Good to see its working for you!

Well it works okay but I suppose the range is still on the low side compared to the likes of the lavatube and stuff though so although I can feel the effects they're not massive or anything.

As I said above, the effect doesn't seem as noticeable on the carto. It's more noticeable on the eGo-C.

• Advertisement

had one of these until it broke. wasn't that good really.
    is it this one? (the one that I had)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p31nBZFn2M

apparently under load the 4.2v is 3.7v - same as a lot of ego batteries.

I also found that it didn't work with things like the imist without pulling the battery post inside it up with a screwdriver (eventually the reason it broke) so it would make contact.

arent the ego batteries closer to 3.4v under load?

glasso wrote: »
    had one of these until it broke. wasn't that good really.
    is it this one? (the one that I had)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p31nBZFn2M

apparently under load the 4.2v is 3.7v - same as a lot of ego batteries.

I also found that it didn't work with things like the imist without pulling the battery post inside it up with a screwdriver (eventually the reason it broke) so it would make contact.

Seemingly most of the kinks have been worked out since the early versions. Seems well built enough to be fair and I can feel differences at the different voltages so I guess that's all I wanted to get a taste of really.

Why is 3.7v the standard anyway? Why not say, 4.0v or 4.5v or something? Where did this 3.7 come from to start with?

well isn't that the standard voltage for those kind of batteries? doubt they wanted to put a booster circuit into an ego as standard on its first run

well isn't that the standard voltage for those kind of batteries? doubt they wanted to put a booster circuit into an ego as standard on its first run

Ah right, I see.

• Advertisement

arent the ego batteries closer to 3.4v under load?

some are 3.7 under load - look at PB's review.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

From using the LT, @ 3.7v, all of my ego batteries are definately below 3.7, maybe 3.4-3.5 at best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

There are generic Ego batteries that are close to 4.2 but they're not regulated so the voltage drops as the battery drains.

I think the LCD batteries that Bestshop sell are 4.2.

Advertisement