Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowe out for 4 Months

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Benny Cake wrote: »

Bloody hell that's sounds quite serious. Hope his recovery goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

He will get a good rest and back and firing on all cylinders for Ulster next season.

Does raise the question, will they move Earls back to wing and maybe look at EOM in Centre. I would like to see BOD left at home for NZ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Could bring Cave or EOM into squad for summer if Earls is moved back to wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Hope he's alright. On the plus side Trimble can move to the wing where he is most effective. Fitzgerald at 11 if he gets his pre-injury form back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

ongarite wrote: »
    Could bring Cave or EOM into squad for summer if Earls is moved back to wing.

Don't be silly, this will simply cement D'Arcy's place in the team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

bilston wrote: »

How will Bowe being injured cement Darcys place in the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    How will Bowe being injured cement Darcys place in the team?

"Continuity"

bilston wrote: »

Why??? McFadden is pushing for D'Arcy place. Bowe was never going to be moved to 12. So I can't see how this will affect the 12.

Bowe will be "replaced" in the match day squad by Fitz.

There's no point pretending otherwise.

Heil Declan

Heil Declan

Discussing on Irish thread, if Fitz gets back to the form before injury he should be in the squad. He was class.

Anyway hope everything goes well for Tommy!!! can't wait to see him live next year. Think I will have to get a few more business trips to Belfast to watch him live for Ulster, also will be good to see him in RDS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Big Nelly wrote: »

Anyway hope everything goes well for Tommy!!! can't wait to see him live next year.

The operation isn't that serious is it?

:pac::pac:

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The operation isn't that serious is it?

:pac::pac:

I'm no doctor so havent a clue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Fitz had his chance to prove himself on the wing and he blew it - it's time for the most electrifying man in sports entertainment today to get his chance.

It's time for the Z factor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

This must be a rare enough situation. Renal hypertension can be caused by blood vessel narrowing but Ive never heard of a hematoma causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'm guessing the back-line will be this

9. Murray
    10. Sexton
    11. Earls
    12. D'Arcy // McFadden
    13. O'Driscoll
    14. Trimble
    15. Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm guessing the back-line will be this

9. Murray
    10. Sexton
    11. Earls
    12. D'Arcy // McFadden
    13. O'Driscoll
    14. Trimble
    15. Kearney

That's actually depressing. We NEED change.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

some_dose wrote: »
    Fitz had his chance to prove himself on the wing and he blew it - it's time for the most electrifying man in sports entertainment today to get his chance.

It's time for the Z factor
    This the same chap who was outplayed by Fitz last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Clegg wrote: »
    This the same chap who was outplayed by Fitz last weekend?

Nope, but it is the same guy who was involved in the scoring/creation of all of Munster's 5 tries against last years HEC runners-up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

FWIW I think Zebo has a lot of potential but right now Fitz,Bowe,Trimble,and Earls are all better than him right now. Craig Gilroy is also showing a lot of promise.

And Zebo was only the 3rd best wing on show last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

Isn't Fitz leaving the country next season. With Kidney in charge he wil not be picked if he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

dtpc191991 wrote: »
    Isn't Fitz leaving the country next season. With Kidney in charge he wil not be picked if he does.

Why? Kidney picked Geordan Murphy & Tommy Bowe. I hope luke doesn't go, but if he does go and end up in France, he will great to have in the irish squad and playing in france will broaden his experience. He can forget about going on the Lions though as their league goes on longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

jm08 wrote: »
    Why? Kidney picked Geordan Murphy & Tommy Bowe. I hope luke doesn't go, but if he does go and end up in France, he will great to have in the irish squad and playing in france will broaden his experience. He can forget about going on the Lions though as their league goes on longer.

I suppose. Playing in France will make it harder for him to be released for training camps, summer tours etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

emmet02 wrote: »

Heil Declan

And it shall be called "building a squad"

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chancer12

Clegg wrote: »
    FWIW I think Zebo has a lot of potential but right now Fitz,Bowe,Trimble,and Earls are all better than him right now. Craig Gilroy is also showing a lot of promise.

And Zebo was only the 3rd best wing on show last Saturday.

Yes, and when he couldn't contain Isa legally had to resort to giving him a resounding thump. Not the kind of 'class' we need

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

padser wrote: »
    And it shall be called "building a squad"

Luke is only 24. Bit young to dump him if his form is up to it and since he is starting ahead of some other options this weekend, he should be in the squad.

Bowe will be missed because he is a try scorer. Luke & Trimble offer something, but there not prolific try scorers. Dave Kearney should be in with a shout as well. Since he made the bench in the 6Ns, looks like he is next in line, though Luke seems to be ahead of him for Leinster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

jm08 wrote: »
    Luke is only 24. Bit young to dump him if his form is up to it and since he is starting ahead of some other options this weekend, he should be in the squad.

Bowe will be missed because he is a try scorer. Luke & Trimble offer something, but there not prolific try scorers. Dave Kearney should be in with a shout as well. Since he made the bench in the 6Ns, looks like he is next in line, though Luke seems to be ahead of him for Leinster.
    Luke was injured when Kearney made the bench for the 6Ns

Advertisement