Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imist - liquid in the mouth?

• 03-04-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Folks

After doing a bit of boards research i decided to invest in an imist.

Although we've started off on the wrong foot maybe.

Every second or 3rd pull results in some of the liquid getting into my mouth, not sure if im doing something wrong?

Sorry, probably a really noob question but its hard to find the answer.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dont use an imist or any of those sort of tank systems so i dont know if these is even helpful but

are you filling the tanks all the way up? afaik you're supposed to only fill them to 75% or something, leaving a bit of emptiness at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mcnage01

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i only filled it roughly 3/4's. Migh try 2/3rds and see if it makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Also its important not to pull too hard, its a slightly different pull to a cigarette. Not as hard and a bit longer.
    Again I never had an imist system, but I assume its similar to an ego tank which I had.

dunno then :)

a few people here use the imist or similar tanks so im sure someone else will be along to answer shortly

I'd bet money it's the pull, if he's only filling 3/4

• Advertisement

Thanks gents, yeah could well be me pulling too hard on it.. i'll bare this in mind next time im using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

hi,

i got an imist and always fill to max, never a problem with juice in mouth.
    Only happens to me when 1. cartridge(mini tank) wears out after a while
    or 2. when tank/cart not pushed in fully.
    Might as well a faulty cartridge or you kinda worn the top a bit, chewing on it etc.

They have a very light and nice pull anyways so it be hard to pull/suck on it too hard in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'd bet money it's the pull, if he's only filling 3/4

Still hard to see how he could pull all the way through the atty and up the cone through the mouthpiece? That would require nearly sucking all the juice from the tank. There'd be no vapour either due to flooding.

Wonder is it condensation building up in the chamber below the mouthpiece?

I always remove those 2 baffles. The vapour is warmer and requires less of a draw.

Try taking out the flat piece at the tip where the hole is with a paper clip. There's another one inside that too. That chamber holds condensation sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Mcnage01 wrote: »
    Thanks gents, yeah could well be me pulling too hard on it.. i'll bare this in mind next time im using it.

Maybe also change the tank and start fresh with a new one.

There is a little plastic piece that will pop out right at the end of the filter part, you can also clean that with tissue and pop the plastic bit back in, condensation may have built up there. I usually pop it out with my teeth its easier to get off but have tissue ready in case you get a bit of eliquid in your mouth as it tastes horrible.

When you first put on the tank to the atomiser twist it around 4 times also this helps the juice to flow through to the wick and might stop it getting airlocked later.

And like the lads said don't pull too hard on it but also take longer pulls than a cigarette you will soon get the feel for it.

Still hard to see how he could pull all the way through the atty and up the cone through the mouthpiece? That would require nearly sucking all the juice from the tank. There'd be no vapour either due to flooding.

Wonder is it condensation building up in the chamber below the mouthpiece?

I always remove those 2 baffles. The vapour is warmer and requires less of a draw.

Try taking out the flat piece at the tip where the hole is with a paper clip. There's another one inside that too. That chamber holds condensation sometimes.

Ur thinking exactly the same lines as me :)

• Advertisement

I dont think it was wear & tear cause it was the first time i used it!

I'll keep what you've all said in mind when im trying it again this weekend and ill report back then! (only smoke/vape when drinking/about to start drinking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I've got my imist about a week now & get the same problem sometimes.

The liquid leaks down into the battery compartment sometimes & gets drawn back up the system thru the mouthpiece, giving a nasty taste.

I sometimes blow it out with an airline.

Changed the cartrige this evening & no probs now.

How long are they meant to last anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Mine last for weeks.
    Just need to wash them under a hot running tap from time to time and let them dry out.

I've got my imist about a week now & get the same problem sometimes.

The liquid leaks down into the battery compartment sometimes & gets drawn back up the system thru the mouthpiece, giving a nasty taste.

I sometimes blow it out with an airline.

Changed the cartrige this evening & no probs now.

How long are they meant to last anyway?

This might be a stupid question now but are you putting the small rubber thing back on to the tank after filling the tank with liquid?

newmark wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question now but are you putting the small rubber thing back on to the tank after filling the tank with liquid?

I never take it out when filling. I just pour the liquid straight in.

Pesky thing started leaking again today.

Still this bastid thing floods itself, no matter what I do with it!:mad:

Why Im I still sucking liquid nicotine thru this device?

In all fairness this yoke works well most of the time, but I can't stand this problem with it.

Are the cartos supplied with the kit deliberetraly designed to put people off this system????:confuse

Stop Press!

Not alone Biansi are seeming unable to design & manufacture a washer to prevent leakage.:rolleyes:

Also tonight one of my attys failed. 3 weeks into the usage of this system?

Unreal.

Based on this, I would't trust these people to open a packet of crisps, let alone do anything else.

try the ego-c, a lot ofpeople here have had great experiences with it

or you could make the jump to cartomisers, dual coils or boge 2ohms.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yeah,

i bought dct tanks 3mls, the wee ones and popped em onto my imist battery.
    I like it as it works great and saves me cleaning the yoke + lasts all day.
    I just cba dripping all the time and waiting for that dry hit, tanks all the way for me...

yeah,

i bought dct tanks 3mls, the wee ones and popped em onto my imist battery.
    I like it as it works great and saves me cleaning the yoke + lasts all day.
    I just cba dripping all the time and waiting for that dry hit, tanks all the way for me...

I've the same one and it's great. Leak free and cinch to fill.

• Advertisement

Stop Press!

Not alone the Chineese are seeming unable to design & manufacture a washer to prevent leakage.:rolleyes:

Also tonight one of my attys failed. 3 weeks into the usage of this system?

Unreal.

Based on this, I would't trust these people to open a packet of crisps, let alone do anything else.

I had the imist myself for a while and 3 friends and family members I got a kit for use it daily on my recommendation and none of them have ever had a leaking problem with it. I also use my wifes one every day when I feel like a change of flavour to what I'm using.

So going on my own and their experiences I'm just thinking there must be something wrong with your one if your setting it up right and all that. Are you familiar with the imist tanks and the ego c tanks you weren't given the wrong tanks for it by any chance or something silly like that thats causing you problems.

Have the tanks you use got a small white rubber thing that pops off at the end of the tank and do you replace that when filling liquid in it?

Do you push the tank fully in to the atomiser?

Is the atomiser tightened properly?

Is the tank damaged at the end of it? They do get damaged fairly easy if you remove the end cap a bit.

There must be some simple explanation for your leak problems,hopefully you will get to the bottom of it because I honestly think they are a good system. But like the lads said you could try a tank on it if all else fails and at least you will get the use of the batterys then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

For what it's worth, I never, ever had any leaks from my Imist either :confused:

For what it's worth, I never, ever had any leaks from my Imist either :confused:

never had any leaks the first month or so but it leaks all the time now - going to give up on I think. my guess is that it's down to the replacement wicks that I got - they seem different to the original ones and are letting too much liquid into the atty area.

Apologies for that post last night lads.

It seems that I'm one of the unlucky ones with this system.

I was unlucky with the system I had before too(DSE-901).

Despite everything, I tried to keep faith with it, but the Atty failing was just the last straw.

E-cigs are a great idea, but I can't see myself replacing analogs with them. Not with the level of unreliability I've experianced anyway.

I know plenty on here have had better experiances & as an idea they've great potential.

I just don't it's for me.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

try some of these. easy to fill, dont leak, good flavour/vapour and cheap.

or as stefan reccomended, the DCT tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

E-cigs are a great idea, but I can't see myself replacing analogs with them. Not with the level of unreliability I've experianced anyway.

With the right device it could be.

Got very frustrated myself after a month or so at the beginning.
    I knew the ecigs were effective but the level of unreliability as you put it was driving me spare.

If you live close to Bray, your more than welcome to try a Bulli A2 atomiser.
    Works superbly with an eGo battery, very reliable, consistent and your in control on how it vapes and you can repair it by replacing the wire and wick.

Send me a PM if you wanna try it out, if you like it i will show you how to repair it etc.

Without it, i'd be back on the rollies.

It's a pity you are having such troubles, it can be frustrating when crap like that happens.

If I was asked by someone looking to give up smoking then I have to admit I would no longer recommend a starter kit, like an ego or tornado. They are too fiddly and the attomizers are too unreliable.

In my opinion you have to splash the cash if you really want to succeed first time out, you need something bulletproof, reliable and easy to use. For the price of 14 boxes of smokes you would be up and running and I doubt you would ever go back on the analogues.

Based on my own experience I would recommend the following as a good starting point:

*Lavatube - Simple variable voltage sturdy machine.
    *4 proper batteries - when you get proper batteries one will last a day, and having 4 of them means you only need to charge every other day.
    *20 boge standard resistance cartomizers - great flavour and excellent quality.
    *3 30ml bottles of a safe eliquid like RY4, at different strengths, high, medium and low - very few people dislike RY4 and experimentation can come later.
    *A stainless steel arry tank - again bulletproof, no leaks ever and simple to fill
    *An arry punch - even I can't f*ck it up using one of these.

Anyone of any age could use that set up without any major difficulties, and using the condom method of filling with a little blow through after, there's no need for syringes or anything either.

1 fill up in the morning, maybe a top up in the evening and away you go, no leaks, no dry hits, no fuss.

Apologies for that post last night lads.

It seems that I'm one of the unlucky ones with this system.

I was unlucky with the system I had before too(DSE-901).

Despite everything, I tried to keep faith with it, but the Atty failing was just the last straw.

I know plenty on here have had better experiances & as an idea they've great potential.

Dont give up on it. I experienced loads of problems starting too. I wasted money on loads of junk hardware and the tank atties are something that require a lot of fiddling. I had all kinds of issues with the iMist too and thought I was the only one as well. Looks like we may have been just unlucky.

You should take a chance and buy a couple of cartomisers. Only a couple of euros each. If you like them, then buy the DCT so you only have to fill once a day or so.

Try the eGo-C either. Its only when I got the eGo-C that I started to find any joy really.

It's a pity you are having such troubles, it can be frustrating when crap like that happens.

If I was asked by someone looking to give up smoking then I have to admit I would no longer recommend a starter kit, like an ego or tornado. They are too fiddly and the attomizers are too unreliable.

In my opinion you have to splash the cash if you really want to succeed first time out, you need something bulletproof, reliable and easy to use. For the price of 14 boxes of smokes you would be up and running and I doubt you would ever go back on the analogues.

Based on my own experience I would recommend the following as a good starting point:

*Lavatube - Simple variable voltage sturdy machine.
    *4 proper batteries - when you get proper batteries one will last a day, and having 4 of them means you only need to charge every other day.
    *20 boge standard resistance cartomizers - great flavour and excellent quality.
    *3 30ml bottles of a safe eliquid like RY4, at different strengths, high, medium and low - very few people dislike RY4 and experimentation can come later.
    *A stainless steel arry tank - again bulletproof, no leaks ever and simple to fill
    *An arry punch - even I can't f*ck it up using one of these.

Anyone of any age could use that set up without any major difficulties, and using the condom method of filling with a little blow through after, there's no need for syringes or anything either.

1 fill up in the morning, maybe a top up in the evening and away you go, no leaks, no dry hits, no fuss.

hrm, I definitely wouldn't reccomend a lavatube to someone who was looking to get into vaping

standard ego/carto setup for me all the way. lavatube later on if they want something a little more

• Advertisement

where is the best place to get boge cartos, tank + carto punch then....?
    (might turn back to the carto dark side...)

Advertisement