Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marlay Park 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was in the pub last night, this guy was sayin his daughter got a taxi home from town the previous night, te taxi driver said that his brother worked with a guy who played darts with another guy who's friend does occasional security work for MCD, Apparently this security guy said Foo's will be playing in August :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Indigo55

I'll give you that one alright allanb! credit where it's due and all that ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was in the pub last night, this guy was sayin his daughter got a taxi home from town the previous night, te taxi driver said that his brother worked with a guy who played darts with another guy who's friend does occasional security work for MCD, Apparently this security guy said Foo's will be playing in August :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We can never hear enough of these "a friend of a friend" stories can we?

MCD should just announce it if Foo's are booked, now would certainly be a good time to allow interest for ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzzled2b

the foos owe us a gig, dave's voice was in bits that last time they played marley, he even apologised for it

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

If Foos do play, I'd be surprised if it was August 22nd. The Black Keys are in the O2 and MCD will want to push that as much as possible as I'm sure it's not selling great. the O2 is too big for them IMO. Having the Foo's on the same night certainly wouldn't help sales

Maybe Foo's on the 23rd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

Love these :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Plus one there, great to have them in the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

I was talking to this guy's cousin: He told me Lady Gaga will play in September a big venue on Dublin's southside... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my mates friends uncles ma is a cleaner in the o2 and told him to tell me to tell the internet that the original GnR lineup will be playing with Zombie Freddie Mercury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

karaokeman wrote: »
    We can never hear enough of these "a friend of a friend" stories can we?

MCD should just announce it if Foo's are booked, now would certainly be a good time to allow interest for ticket sales.

If MCD are bringing the Foos over in the summer they will first be trying to maximse ticket sales for Tennants Vital which they are also promoting, so I wouldn't expect any announcements until they'd reached a decent level of sales for that, they know people will travel up to it and if it's uncertain that they'll be playing down here they'll bank on that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

NIBBS wrote: »
    If MCD are bringing the Foos over in the summer they will first be trying to maximse ticket sales for Tennants Vital which they are also promoting, so I wouldn't expect any announcements until they'd reached a decent level of sales for that, they know people will travel up to it and if it's uncertain that they'll be playing down here they'll bank on that....

Hmmm... vital line up has often played Dublin before.

I wouldn't see it as an issue. Historically, it seems punters from the north come down here and not vice versa. There's an expectation amongst Dubliners that the gigs come to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

BrianD wrote: »
    Hmmm... vital line up has often played Dublin before.

I wouldn't see it as an issue. Historically, it seems punters from the north come down here and not vice versa. There's an expectation amongst Dubliners that the gigs come to them!

Wasn't saying it would be an issue just that they would normally wait a while before announcing another date that could conflict with regards to ticket sales, would love to see a Foos Dublin date announced - but kind of sick of all the rumour and speculation too....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a friend of a friend knows a friend of the foo fighters guitar tech and he siad they will be playing Dublin soon lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Dave Grohl goes to the gym with my mothers' friends' cousin. He told him, to tell her, to tell her, to tell me "Hi"

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

She is playing the AVIVa will be announced next Tuesday !!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Graham1978 wrote: »

Who?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The mother of a girl in my college knows Bono.

Bono told her he was speaking with Tom Meighan.

Tom Meighan told Bono it was top secret that Muse and Kasabian would be co-headlining Slane with support from Noel Gallagher and Beady Eye in August and tickets will go on sale sometime in May.

Sorry couldn't resist ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Who?????

Lady Gaga

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Look lads Foo Fighters are playing Marley Park in August!

Just got a text of Dave himself:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Oh how did you know about Lady Gaga a week ago?!? Have you any other gigs you can fill us in on?

Go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Sorry that was a one off ! Loose lips and all that

Green Day have just announced they are releasing 3 albums in September, November and January, could be in line for some warm up shows over here methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

allanb49 wrote: »
    Green Day have just announced they are releasing 3 albums in September, November and January, could be in line for some warm up shows over here methinks

Please please please explain how you come to that conclusion :rolleyes:

They're playing 3 shows in Germany in August, so it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility for them to do a show over here as they have done in the past, such as in 2004 in the Ambassador prior to the release of American Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Anyone know anything about the age restrictions? Ticketmaster says 'Over 17's ID Required', does that mean that under 17's must be accompanied? Would love to bring the two kids (14 and 11) to David Guetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I think the rule is that they must be with a parent/guardian over 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

crank_1975 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the age restrictions? Ticketmaster says 'Over 17's ID Required', does that mean that under 17's must be accompanied? Would love to bring the two kids (14 and 11) to David Guetta.

I think for Guetta it is just over 17s full stop. Although tbh, I don't think it'd be a good idea to even bring a 14 or 11 year old. The acts before Guetta (mainly Wolfgang Gartner and Tommy Trash) would be fairly hardcore DJs, and I'm sure your children would be too young to enjoy it. The majority of people there will probably be drunk too, hardly an environment you want your kids to be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

The kids are fairly hardcore!!! Brought the older one camping to Oxegen in 2010 no issues - can't see how Marlay Park would be any worse than Oxegen tbh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

crank_1975 wrote: »
    The kids are fairly hardcore!!! Brought the older one camping to Oxegen in 2010 no issues - can't see how Marlay Park would be any worse than Oxegen tbh....

Ah if they've been to Oxegen it'd be no harm so. I'm still fairly sure Marlay's is strictly over 17 though, so I wouldn't chance buying tickets unless you were 100% sure they'd get let in!

Advertisement