Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenOffice Calc hyperlinks

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I have a .csv file I need to open with OO Calc. The csv file has hyperlinks to photos included but are in Excel format. Photos are stored locally on the PC.
    =HYPERLINK("images/Desert.jpg","Desert.jpg")

This is not working with OpenOffice Calc. Does anyone know how to change the formula so the images are linked?

I know I can link to the images myself by inserting the hyperlink myself from Insert>Hyperlink but the whole point of our csv file is that we don't have to do that. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

What happens if you save it as .ods file?
    It's converted to normal text? What's exaclty the text?
    Is there an inverted comma in front of the text? (--> ' <--)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

OP says Open Office but might mean Libre Office... I did read there was a reported but related to hyperlink making it unusable
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50128

When this bug is addressed the functonality should be as originally described by the OP.

Advertisement