Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ego-C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Those silicone caps were a disaster. Leaked all over the place no matter what I did. Also discovered that the last atty that I was using was causing leaks and a rotten taste. Stuck back in one that I'd soaked in alcohol for a few days and it's solved both issues.

Half wondering about the LR atties. Anybody tried them on the C?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Those silicone caps were a disaster. Leaked all over the place no matter what I did. Also discovered that the last atty that I was using was causing leaks and a rotten taste. Stuck back in one that I'd soaked in alcohol for a few days and it's solved both issues.

Half wondering about the LR atties. Anybody tried them on the C?

Funny that. I'm having the exact opposite experience with the silicon caps. I get a good 10 days out of one before I have to change it. My atties are lasting well too. The current two I am using have been running fine for over two weeks now. Won't bother with cleaning, and will just stick in new ones when they start to run bad.

TinCool wrote: »

Funny that. I'm having the exact opposite experience with the silicon caps. I get a good 10 days out of one before I have to change it. My atties are lasting well too. The current two I am using have been running fine for over two weeks now. Won't bother with cleaning, and will just stick in new ones when they start to run bad.

Tried absolutely everything but they just leaked all over the place. Back using the standard caps again and no leaking. Think most of my problems came from a bad atty though. I was getting either a chemical taste or a burnt taste if I took any more than a couple of draws with that atty. One or the other depending!

Storing tank side down allowed me to muddle through but with an old atty I can store it whatever way I like. Also, there's a kick from this atty when it's activated.

Kind of revising my earlier view on the C actually. I've still got the original kit with spare atties and apart from that crappy atty related issues, it's not bad at all. So much so that I've tried DCC's and eGo-W since I bought it and always end up back on the C. That must say something.

Actually, I bought the silicone caps from Cloud 9 in the UK. Wonder if the ones from the vapour store are from a different supplier or something? I might buy some some just to check it out. Where did you buy yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I always thought the reason for the soft caps was because you could take them off with your fingers when filling from the bottle whereas the hard caps had to be removed by a screwdriver or something sharp that would enlarge the centre hole or weaken the edges so making leaking more likely. I've had no problems with either and always fill with a needle cap....great invention. About every four fills I clean the tank out and then just replace the cap. For me, the C is up there with the Smokeymiser for flavour but without any of the hassle. I've noticed that when the wick gives out the coil is fine so I tried rewicking but I couldn't get it right. Oddly enough, I got way more vapour, the same throat hit but hardly any flavour. Still, at three weeks for 4 Euro they're great value.

The soft caps I use came from Heaven's Gifts in China and work very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

For what it's worth:

My ego-t kits came direct from China (don't they all!) and included silicone caps as standard and I never had any leaking problems with them.

I got some extra tanks from an Irish vendor and they were the genuine ego plastic tanks, leaked horribly after a day or two.

On a side note, the tank that came with my Imist is still working perfectly, no leaks at all.
    I wonder if the Imist tank would work well in the ego-t, anyone tried it yet?

My Ego T has been retired to it's box. I still have a fair few B tanks and caps left and it seems there might be a mega Ego C in the pipework that will take B caps so I'll see what the reviews are like before getting one.

My iMist is still going on the same tank and wick after three and a half weeks now. The C is on it's second tank in six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Bubba9 wrote: »
    My Ego T has been retired to it's box. I still have a fair few B tanks and caps left and it seems there might be a mega Ego C in the pipework that will take B caps so I'll see what the reviews are like before getting one.

My iMist is still going on the same tank and wick after three and a half weeks now. The C is on it's second tank in six weeks.

Ditto - my Ego T is also retired (taste was awful), replaced by a combination of DCCs, Smokeys and my good old friend the 510 atty :)

Bubba9 wrote: »

iMist is just brilliant. lovely draw on it, compared to 510 atty which is like trying to suck ice through a straw.

Just put the tip from my eGo-W onto my C without the tank. The atty was primed. Absolutely lovely vape! The warm vapour flowed into my mouth and filled it with lovely flavour and tons of vapour.

Might take the spike off a used atty and try dripping it! Pity a normal drip tip wont fit it.

• Advertisement

For anybody interested, I see Bestecig.ie now have the ego-c in stock:

http://www.bestecig.ie/ego%20c%20accessories.html

Not a bad option to try out for those interested in an upgrade from the eGo-T.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-c/cat_41.html

The Best Shop now has all the eGo-C stuff in stock, and as usual is cheaper than most places in IRL! :)

The Vapour Store has them now too. Replacement heads cost 23 Euro for pack of 5 in each shop. The C is the best of all of the tank and clearo kits that I've tried actually.

The Vapour Store has them now too. Replacement heads cost 23 Euro for pack of 5 in each shop. The C is the best of all of the tank and clearo kits that I've tried actually.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Just got a C atty this morning, stuck it on an Imist battery.

Bloody hell - I'm amazed at how well it performs, throat hit is fantastic!
    Got an Imist atomiser this morning too - also great but quite airy. I believe the Imists take a little while to get going but working very nicely out of the box all the same.

It's amazing how much this technology has improved over the past year - a 2.2ohm atomiser on an ego type battery and it's giving me the sort of performance that I'd expect from a decent variable voltage device at 4.5/5 volts.

I have both as well and there's very little between them. I find the iMist airy but I find the C a bit too tight on the draw. Half thinking of going for some LR heads for the C.

For anybody starting up they should choose either the C or iMist and buy some DCC's. Can't go too far wrong with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well the ego-c started kit is 78 euro on TBS

i know you get 5 atty heads with that but.. wowserz

well the ego-c started kit is 78 euro on TBS

i know you get 5 atty heads with that but.. wowserz

Oh, that's expensive alright. I just bought the changeover kit as I had eGo batteries.

I bought a generic atty - came with 5 heads for just over a tenner including post.

I normally only buy the real stuff but I didn't like the idea of buying a 5 pack of atomiser heads for €23 without knowing how they perform.

It's working perfectly so no complaints.

mrplop wrote: »
    I bought a generic atty - came with 5 heads for just over a tenner including post.

I normally only buy the real stuff but I didn't like the idea of buying a 5 pack of atomiser heads for €23 without knowing how they perform.

It's working perfectly so no complaints.

Jeez, where did you buy from can I ask?

• Advertisement

I bought it from ecigshop.eu -came next day too.

The only issue with the generics is the little plate on the bottom of the atomiser head. The Joyetech plate is very secure apparently. If you aren't careful when removing the bottom collar on the generics, the plate will stay attached and possibly rip the wires out.

Almost happened to me but I spotted it - pushed the plate back in to the silicon and all was well.

Obviously not an ideal situation but when the whole unit including 5 heads is €8.95, a tiny bit of hassle isn't worth moaning about - works flawlessly too so a good purchase I'd say.

Thinking of going for an LR pack of the C's. The vape using the SR is a bit cool and hopefully the LR will fix that. Little bit concerned about the wicking using LR though but probably worth a shot. Nobody on here has tried the LR as far as I know so I suppose I'll be a guinea pig! Only thing is that I have to buy from the UK and I hate having to do that.

Edit: The Vapour Store have LR. 23 Euro but I suppose I'll get next day delivery and just as cheap by the time I'd pay postage from UK.

Thinking of going for an LR pack of the C's. The vape using the SR is a bit cool and hopefully the LR will fix that. Little bit concerned about the wicking using LR though but probably worth a shot. Nobody on here has tried the LR as far as I know so I suppose I'll be a guinea pig! Only thing is that I have to buy from the UK and I hate having to do that.

racist

Ha ha ha…looks like that from the post alright! I hate paying the postage and the wait.

:D

Just out of curiosity, I put an imist wick into a C head today. Mistake! Burned a hole in the fibre glass wick where it touched the coil. I presume that indicates that the C is lower resistance than the imist?

Pity cos the iMist wicks are more robust than the C ones and would have made rewicking easy and cheap.

Got in my eGo-C LR today........................yet another fecking mistake by me.

Rotten, burning plastic taste and smell. Must be too hot for my strawberry from Liqua.

Only hope now is the DCT from TBS.

In fairness to TBS, they put it on a courier to me without asking for special delivery. Must have known when I was ordering 2 batteries that I was in trouble. I'm sure they can see my history. Nice touch. Hopefully get the package this afternoon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ouch. The liqua fruit juices do seem a little fragile and sensitive to heat, I guess because they aim more at a real fruit flavour rather than a candy style one (at least the liqua grape was like that, I'm just guessing the others are the same). Other flavours (especially tobacco ones) might do better in it?

Maybe but to be honest it seems a different taste than the juice even. It's like burning silicone or something. Actually guests your lungs. Feck it!

• Advertisement

Decided to try another atty and it's much better. Warmer vapour and plumes of smoke. Flavour much better - not like that other stinking plasticky taste. This aint bad at all actually! Cone gets very hot I notice too.

Must have been a dud atty. Think I had one in the last 5 pack of SR's that I got too.

Advertisement