Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images of beauty (Tdar forum)

• 20-03-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Copying the thread over on cycling, stick up a pic of your bike. The more pimp the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Here's my roadie back when it was cleaner than clean. :o
    Still has remains of last race sticker on I haven't got around to hacking off yet.
    TT bike gets most of the attention these days.

Tri Bars are long since gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

A bit old skool, but has been a faithful servant for the past few years....

417312_10150580263853333_577703332_9332062_1959351503_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Izoard wrote: »
    A bit old skool, but has been a faithful servant for the past few years....

417312_10150580263853333_577703332_9332062_1959351503_n.jpg

I have the same E7 but still on the original Bontrager rims. Do you find a big difference with the SRAM's or other race wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

My Trusty TT steed

mybike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Here's my TT bike

197096.JPG

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Copying the thread over on cycling, stick up a pic of your bike. The more pimp the better.

And where's your submission???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

That B2 would look great Gibbo with deep section wheels ;)

pussywagon.jpg

I have the same E7 but still on the original Bontrager rims. Do you find a big difference with the SRAM's or other race wheels?

Nearly killed myself in the cross winds in Abu Dhabi, but at least I would have looked good crashing on the bridge...

No doubt they spin faster, but in high winds you can spend a lot of time fighting the bike, so any gain can be quickly lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

pgibbo wrote: »
    And where's your submission???? :D

I will get a picture of it on Sunday in race setup :)

Nearly killed myself in the cross winds in Abu Dhabi, but at least I would have looked good crashing on the bridge...

No doubt they spin faster, but in high winds you can spend a lot of time fighting the bike, so any gain can be quickly lost.

So do you think 50s or 60s would be better suited to Irish races given there's nearly always a wind blowing?

For some reason our firewall blocks your pics Izoard. Had a look there on my phone. They're the same wheels CW has except in grey. Did you source them locally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

So do you think 50s or 60s would be better suited to Irish races given there's nearly always a wind blowing?

I said that to Nigel - now maybe it was more because he wouldn't have had any other sizes in stock but he said once I got used to it with a couple of spins it wouldn't be an issue at all.

* He was also looking at my keg though when commenting on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Haven Drab Sunlight

newbike.jpg

I have started to warm to her, it look a while though!!

For some reason our firewall blocks your pics Izoard. Had a look there on my phone. They're the same wheels CW has except in grey. Did you source them locally?

Well, it was my first time out on them, so I was very cautious, but when I started to brake, the problem started getting worse- I need to pay attention to the brake blocks as well.

I've enough ballast that the s80s shouldn't be a problem, so I'll keep practicing...

Sourced them on CRC eventually...

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Haven Drab Sunlight/newbike.jpg[/IMG]

Good job you just lurk on slowtwitch. Photos should be of the drive side, chain should always be in the big ring.

Paint your skirting board and your saddle is too high :)

tunney wrote: »
    Good job you just lurk on slowtwitch. Photos should be of the drive side, chain should always be in the big ring.

By the same token - weed your patio:)

I would have been flamed if i posted that on ST. That photo was pre modifications after the bike fit:rolleyes:
    By the same token - weed your patio:)
    +1 Sort your garden summer is around the corner:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

newbike.jpg

Does plugging in your back wheel increase your FTP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

newbike.jpg

Does plugging in your back wheel increase your FTP?

I thought it was for the heated saddle!

On this topic. I was once told when posing your bike, valve stems should also be hidden by the forks, but what is the optimum show position of the cranks?

A lot of comedians on here today:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ray o

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Haven Drab Sunlight/newbike.jpg[/IMG]

That photo does that bike no justice. You should grab the photos steve used in his add when selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Dont think i have a proper bike shot but heres a blurry one from the Setanta Duathlon recently.

Cervelo P2C
    P2M Rotor 3D+ with Aero Q-Rings
    Ultegra front and rear mech
    Cervelo brakes
    Vision Tri Max Plus bars + Vision base bar
    Zipp 404 front, 808 rear
    Adamo TT saddle (trial unit from B2R)

Bambaata wrote: »
    Dont think i have a proper bike shot but heres a blurry one from the Setanta Duathlon recently.

Cervelo P2C
    Cervelo brakes
    Zipp 404 frodelete rear

Mods please delete this . A fvcking green saddle on that bike.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bambaata wrote: »

Cervelo P2C
    Cervelo brakes
    Zipp 404 front, 808 rear

Bike position isn't terrible considering your on a kids bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Funny guys. You'll be glad to hear Tunney that i will have the black one next Monday ;) They were all out of them when i returned the trial one today so only a few more days on the green one.

I was actually surprised by the pic. Its the first i've seen that gives me a decent indication of my fit. It really does look small alright but wasnt as bad as i expected! I might have something else now mopping up the funds i was putting together for a new frame so i could be on it for another year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Pretty quick...

?ui=2&ik=ac12426087&view=att&th=136372d578b38f8e&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1397086535922221056-1&zw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

index.25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

5931907680_f2b5e2a166_b.jpg
    DSC_9900x by dquirke1, on Flickr

I've since tidied up the cables at the front end, the pic was taken just after changing the bars and they were waaaay too long :rolleyes:

Other than that, its served me well. :D

dquirke1 wrote: »
    I've since tidied up the cables at the front end, the pic was taken just after changing the bars and they were waaaay too long :rolleyes:

Other than that, its served me well. :D

Nice!!

How is it standing up? Have you a kick stand on the offside, old school style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Best I can do until I have it ready for racing again.

1634483152671351280_f7d9b8c3-709e-418c-a61b-aa605fc7ed69_201202150549-1.jpg

Advertisement