Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krause Jeet kune do now in ireland

Options
  • 16-03-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

just a quick introduction my name is Joseph Ferris ive been teaching martial arts in co down for the past 6 years (thai/kickboxing/filipino kali) recently Ive been awarded the rank of Black belt in Jeet kune Do krause martial arts under Steve and Mike krause from Krause international academy Glasgow. I am the first person from Ireland to have achieved this. Mike and steve are 7Th degree Senior Associate Instructors under Guru Dan Inosanto and are highly regarded with the jkd community in the UK and Europe.My own association is called ICTA martial arts and we teach Jeet kune do , thai boxing, Filipino Kali and Savate. If anyone is not sure what jkd is or they would like to train in any of the fighting systems listed con tact me on facebook or through this site krause jkd will enhance your martial arts training weather you are a beginner or black belt. thanks joe ferris:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Great guys met them way back in 87/88 when i brought them over to Kilrea. Please send them my best wishes, and congrats on your grade. Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 enjoyment

just a quick introduction my name is Joseph Ferris ive been teaching martial arts in co down for the past 6 years (thai/kickboxing/filipino kali) recently Ive been awarded the rank of Black belt in Jeet kune Do krause martial arts under Steve and Mike krause from Krause international academy Glasgow. I am the first person from Ireland to have achieved this. Mike and steve are 7Th degree Senior Associate Instructors under Guru Dan Inosanto and are highly regarded with the jkd community in the UK and Europe.My own association is called ICTA martial arts and we teach Jeet kune do , thai boxing, Filipino Kali and Savate. If anyone is not sure what jkd is or they would like to train in any of the fighting systems listed con tact me on facebook or through this site krause jkd will enhance your martial arts training weather you are a beginner or black belt. thanks joe ferris:)

Chinese Gung Fu
    the philosophical art of self defence.
    By Bruce Lee around 1963.
    There is a chapter on page 80 entitled Theory of yin yang.
    the closing line of this essay is as follows.
    only people o halfway cultivation justify and BRAG about themselves.
    Bruce Lee Oakland California.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crosstrainer1

enjoyment wrote: »
    Chinese Gung Fu
    the philosophical art of self defence.
    By Bruce Lee around 1963.
    There is a chapter on page 80 entitled Theory of yin yang.
    the closing line of this essay is as follows.
    only people o halfway cultivation justify and BRAG about themselves.
    Bruce Lee Oakland California.
    ;)
    whats seems to be your problem enjoyment what are your jkd qualifications

silat liam wrote: »
    Great guys met them way back in 87/88 when i brought them over to Kilrea. Please send them my best wishes, and congrats on your grade. Liam
    thanks liam its always good when a martial artist of your quaility gives great feed back thanks

Krause jkd is taught in castlewellan and Downpatrick co down. if anyone wishes to learn jkd so they can teach it in their own clubs or for personal development let me know.

• Advertisement

whats seems to be your problem enjoyment what are your jkd qualifications

Bruce Lee did not believe or like the belt system used by Karate instructors Ie In Willard Clopton;s artical withe Bruce in the Washing post (may 1967) he jestes at them.
    In all systems its not the colour of your belt ists if know it or not and after reading your posts I suggest you start reading on you style.

best regards.

Dean Adams

ps.

Those who know do not speak;
    Those who speak do not know.

[S][/S][S][/S]
    enjoyment wrote: »
    Bruce Lee did not believe or like the belt system used by Karate instructors Ie In Willard Clopton;s artical withe Bruce in the Washing post (may 1967) he jestes at them.
    In all systems its not the colour of your belt ists if know it or not and after reading your posts I suggest you start reading on you style.

best regards.

Dean Adams

ps.

Those who know do not speak;
    Those who speak do not know.
    thanks for the reply dean but as usual.it clear you have no jkd qualifications. First JKD is not a style but a process of continuing growth.Second bruce graded on eight levels with each level having a symbol to reconise the students ability. Third Most martial arts acadmeys grade to black belt as it a reconised quilification that all martial arts insurance companys say you must have to get public liability insurance. forth its not the belt but the quality of instructorship that has awarded you that belt. Fifth guru dan inosanto quotes on youtube that there are too many people who have never studdied in great depth the jkd history and experienced in depth the training and research that bruce lee did, they are giving their opinon on something they dont know. you my friend fall into that category. And its a pity . Its guys like yourself who wont let jkd move forward, who are stuck in the past , going on google to find quotes to back up their own opinions without having trained in depth the Jun fan system in order to to grow as a jkd student. try learning some jkd yull enjoy it:rolleyes:

Ya,

There is lots of mcdonald type schools selling francises.

This is very diferent sytle to Bruce Lee's orignal concept.
    They were not guru dan insanto quotes they were Bruces,
    Here is another from his Grave stone,
    Here lies the founder of jeet kune do.
    Its a co-op more akin to krav maga what ye guys have turned jeet kune do into. This is what I believe and also do you always attack first.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Danny.B

Alright mate, Ive been looking into starting muay thai or something similar, regular MMA dosnt appeal to me due to the BJJ etc, so you could be what I'm looking for, where are you located and what is the class timetable etc

Actually can you PM me a link or something, it might be easier lol

Thanks

Dan

WITH THE POPULARITY IF ALOT OF MARTIAL ARTS I.E BJJ, MMA,KARATE ECT. ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD THINK WHERE DOES JKD FIT INTO MY TRAINING OR MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING IN GENERAL. WHAT I FOUND WAS BRUCES THINKING AND TRAINING METHODS HELPED QUESTIONS ALL STYLES AND FIGHTING METHODS IN A TIME PEROID WHEN THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO QUESTION AN INSTRUCTORS TEACHINGS.
    THE BASE MATERIAL OF JKD (THE JUN FAN KICKBOXING, GUNG FU AND GRAPPLING) IS FULL OF ANSWERS RELATING TO MODEREN DAY MARTIAL ARTS AND LIKE MYSELF YOU WILL NOT AGREE WITH ALL THAT HE DID AND SAID. BUT WITH GOOD MARTIAL ARTIST LIKE DAN INOSANTO,YOU CAN SEE JKD PROGRESS AND GROW IN ALL STYLES. TO ME IF YOU HAVE AN OPEN MIND YOU ARE ALREADY A STUDENT OF JKD. MY WING CHUN INSTRUCTOR THOMAS LAMOUNT OF CHUM SUT ACADMEY LISBURN SAID TO ME WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT SYSTEMS AND STYLES," THERES ONLY A CERTAIN AMOUT OF GOOD STUFF OUT THERE TO LEARN " HAPPY TRAINING:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement