Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Boards.ie subversive to the state?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

His quote in full is here folks, the OP above just copies a bit (without crediting, I'm so calling Sean Sherlock about this!! ;))

ill hold my hands up on this, wasnt sure if I was allowed link to where I seen it originally :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nodin wrote: »
    He's a Fianna Fail Senator and son of Ray Mc Sharry.

So yeah.

We can start taking the piss out of political dynasties in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

He seems about as clued up on the interwebs as this dude:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what upset him or his daddy in particular?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

How did this lad get elected? He can barely speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

ejmaztec wrote: »
    We can start taking the piss out of political dynasties in that case.

Eh... Pretty small dynasty really

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Foghladh wrote: »
    Eh... Pretty small dynasty really
    call it nepotism then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Norris came out with shite earlier as well.....It must be National Stupid Day in the senate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Yesterday it was RTE and its "liberal left agenda" and now it's the general public on boards.ie. These policitans are made of clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

V_Moth wrote: »
    He seems about as clued up on the interwebs as this dude:

Wow, how many voices in his head are trying to get out a once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Biggins wrote: »
    Sounds like if he had his way, he'd have Ireland listed up for "Enemy of the Internet!" or "Countries under surveillance".

I think he needs to kop himself on if this story is true!

I see that article states that a forum moderator was arrested. Has anyone seen DeVore? Hopefully Mr. McSharry and Mr. Sherlock haven't kidnapped him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I told ye all **** wouldnt change in Egypt post Mubarak!

oh **** that's from ireland :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Is Boards.ie subversive to the state?

Boards.ie in 2012 = Fianna Fáil in 1932. Wait until Boards.ie gets to the online equivalent of Fianna Fáil in c. 1940 and I'd start worrying. Radicals are great; it's when they've been in power for so long that they become conservative that they become dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

If only we could subvert that sad excuse for a political and social system! Unfortunately, sites like this have virtually no effect on the actions of the State nor on politicians. Neither they nor the fat cat capitalists who pull their strings have any concept of things like shame and couldn't really give a toss what any of us write about them. The same goes largely for the kiddy-fiddler church.

However, being able to blast off here gives some of us a bit of relief from frustration and helps preserve our sanity.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I am subversive, I post on Boards.ie
    .: Boards is subversive

My logic is infallible.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Boards.ie in 2012 = Fianna Fáil in 1932. Wait until Boards.ie gets to the online equivalent of Fianna Fáil in c. 1940 and I'd start worrying. Radicals are great; it's when they've been in power for so long that they become conservative that they become dangerous.
    Does that mean we get to reap the benefits of corruption? Sweet!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

marc.macsharry@oireachtas.ie

subvert his email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Does that mean we get to reap the benefits of corruption? Sweet!

I suspect that if this analogy transpires we, the plebs, get to see our friends suffering the online equivalent of execution and hungerstrike (Dev executed 6 of his former republican supporters, and allowed another 6 to die on hunger strike), while the owners of Boards.ie become conservative (and wealthy), just like Éamon "I own the Irish Press" DeValera and the rest of Fianna Fáil's formerly radical leadership.

Beware the "radical" of today; they are tomorrow's conservatives if they've been given enough power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

But I think the problem eh nationally is we preside over a media that we constantly praise for their integrity but the reality is we don't have any reportage in this country what we have is not newspapers but viewspapers. We don't have a national broadcasters that reports news we have a national broadcaster who reports a complexion they wish to place on the facts that are promoted per day. And it doesn't matter who's in government frankly whether it's Fine Gael and Labour whether it's Fianna Fáil amd Sinn Fein

I think he's possibly got a point in this regard. I.E. every "media" organisation is trying to spin things and promote a viewpoint, as opposed to just reporting the news/facts.

His wild tangent in trying to then attack tweeting, forums and online discussion in general just seems like the paranoid swipe of a man who hasn't a clue what he's talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

DrumSteve wrote: »
    So says Senator Mark McSharry today in the Senate:

Lot of this ****e seems to be coming out recently, seems like the boys aren't a fan of boards.

I don't believe sites such as this (and a political website based in ireland when I viewed the link) are subversive, indeed I think they are great because they allow people to put their opinions across without any of the other ****e that goes with it.

Free Speech will never be stopped no matter what they think, it has just moved from the parish pumps to the internet

Maybe he feels this way because he doesn't like people slagging off his daddy:rolleyes:

From the website of the school Ray attended Brendan Drumm & Albert Renyolds also went there;)

Bugging Scandal in 1983: In 1983 he resigned from the Fianna Fáil front bench due to a telephone-tapping controversy, when it was revealed that as Tánaiste and Minister for Finance, he had borrowed police tape recorders to secretly record conversations with a cabinet colleague. MacSharry defended his action by saying that rumours were sweeping the party that he could be 'bought' (bribed) to support efforts to depose Haughey; he claimed used the equipment to record any attempts made to offer bribes. The scandal was however primarily focused on the decision by the Minister for Justice, Sean Doherty, to bug the phones of two leading political journalists to discover their anti-Haughey sources. MacSharry was a secondary but high profile casuality of the scandal, as the equipment he had used had been supplied by Doherty, who had requested it from Assistant Garda (Police) Commissioner Joe Ainsworth . Ainsworth was also forced to resign when the scandal hit the headlines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

OMG
    So boards is now guilty of treason and sedition, so I can expect when the crack-down happens Devore's and some moderators heads will be on the gates of Leinster house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

yeah politics.ie and boards.ie must really BUG him

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

AH is subversive to intelligent reasoning.

44leto wrote: »
    OMG
    So boards is now guilty of treason and sedition, so I can expect when the crack-down happens Devore's and some moderators heads will be on the gates of Leinster house.

Devore, de Valera:eek::eek:

de Valera = devil of eireann

*Not you Devore, just unfortunate concidence of names:D

AH is subversive to intelligent reasoning.

Just say the word and Mac Sharry will be blasted with p1ss:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

OP you can't quote him, Sean Sherlock will put you in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,517 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When we continue to vote for clowns we cannot complain about the circus.

When we continue to vote for clowns we cannot complain about the circus.

But our only option was clown A or clown B:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

A little from clown a, a little from clown b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Anyone else got the feeling that somebody's little indiscretions are about to be made public, and a pre-emptive damage control strike is being made?

Advertisement