Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HELP IM BEING BULLIED BY EIRCOM

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

dudara wrote: »
    Registered post acts as a form of proof. Likewise, if I was to send an email, I would attached a Read Receipt Request to the email so that I could ensure it had been delivered.
    Merch wrote: »
    Is that "read receipt request" typed or do you mean, you click on something to ensure you get a receipt of it being opened, I recal doing that before in a place i worked in with MS Outlook, but I use private emails, gmail/yahoo.

A read receipt would not stand up as it is easily forged. What would be sufficient for copperfastening the authenticity, integrity and non-repudiation of the email would be using digital certificates which are enforceable under the 2000 E-Commerce Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

dudara wrote: »
    Registered post acts as a form of proof. Likewise, if I was to send an email, I would attached a Read Receipt Request to the email so that I could ensure it had been delivered.

Admittedly a couple of years ago but when I was in a "having to prove correspondence was delivered" scenario with another company my solicitor recommended I either send a registered, signed-for letter to the registered office address of the company or send a fax to the number at their registered office address and keep a copy of the delivery notification (as this will show on an itemised phone bill); his advice was to avoid any reliance on phone or email communication as receipt can be denied.

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Del2005 wrote: »
    With the amount of customers they are loosing I'm not surprised they make it as hard as possible to get out.

Losing customers ?? Sher what are you talking about , didn't 60,000 people return last year for 'the amazing value' they offer ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

booboo88 and lala88 Considered yourself both warned. You're dragging this topic off-track and not answering the question from Bishmilla

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lamongoose

If your out of the initial contract they can't charge for early cease. In the contract there is a need for 30 days notice before cancelation. It could be that they are charging you for the last and next month of in the one bill. What do you normally pay per month? Did you sign a NEW contract?

By the way you don't have to send a letter. You can email to cancel Eircom they just don't want you to know about it. the address is phonecancelations@eircom.ie. This is how i cancelled after they claimed they never received my letter of cancelation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bishmilla

Well my parents have been with Eircom for years and were well out of the initial 12 month contract. The alleged new contract started when the modem started playing up and my mum accepted a new modem. They claim that this means that she agreed to a new 12 month contract, although this was not made clear to her at the time.

We have requested a copy of the recording and are waiting to hear back from them. Anyways the account is in my fathers name so how can they claim that he verbally agreed to the new contract when he has never been on the phone to Eircom in his life. Surely they wouldn't have a chance in court?

Eircom are a total disgrace. They provide a shoddy service and then they bully and intimidate long term customers for leaving. Not paying a cent of the 192 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bishmilla wrote: »
    Well my parents have been with Eircom for years and were well out of the initial 12 month contract. The alleged new contract started when the modem started playing up and my mum accepted a new modem. They claim that this means that she agreed to a new 12 month contract, although this was not made clear to her at the time.

We have requested a copy of the recording and are waiting to hear back from them. Anyways the account is in my fathers name so how can they claim that he verbally agreed to the new contract when he has never been on the phone to Eircom in his life. Surely they wouldn't have a chance in court?

Eircom are a total disgrace. They provide a shoddy service and then they bully and intimidate long term customers for leaving. Not paying a cent of the 192 euros.
    No recording of your Father agreeing to the new contract = NO Contract:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

foggy_lad wrote: »
    No recording of your Father agreeing to the new contract = NO Contract:)

It may be possible that the mother is an authorised person for the account. Anyhow, ask for that recording, as well as the list of authorised people.

Advertisement