Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney sweep

• 02-11-2011 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Anyone reccommend a good chimney cleaner in waterford, Please, have got out 1 allready and he was a disaster :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I had a great lad in when we moved into our place last year quick and he left the place spotless. I'll ask Mrs Ziedth tonight when I get home this evening who he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I use a guy no stand up comedian but a good sweep will pm you details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wan tew

Try Keogh's. They advertise in the Waterford today. A really tidy job for just 25 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »
    I had a great lad in when we moved into our place last year quick and he left the place spotless. I'll ask Mrs Ziedth tonight when I get home this evening who he was.
    John Griffin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 majwal7

There's a guy in Tramore who cleans chimneys and I can't find his number. His name is Tony Power. Does anyone have a contact number for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

majwal7 wrote: »
    There's a guy in Tramore who cleans chimneys and I can't find his number. His name is Tony Power. Does anyone have a contact number for him?

Tony always does a great job, I don't have a number tho

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Wan tew wrote: »
    Try Keogh's. They advertise in the Waterford today. A really tidy job for just 25 euro.

+1 I recommend Keoghs also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

+203 on keoghs

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

I can't find phone numbers for Keoghs or Tony Power...
    anyone got them ? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Keoghs is at 087-2120803

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Miss Tess

Please beware of this phone number 0857309146, this number is Keogh Chimney Cleaning and when contacted he is giving the name of a well known and respected chimney sweep, just again please be aware it is keoghs chimney cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Wan tew wrote: »

-1000 For Keoghs ,

He broke my stove (firebricks) as he never removed the top one before pulling some debris down ontop of them cracking them instantly, when I went to replace the firebrick we noticed the flue was still full of soot, and we had not even light a fire yet - when it was "cleaned" he charged but had never done a proper job!

I fully believe this was because he was using the old style more rigid rods that were not up to the job, not the newer flexible nylon type than can bend around short bends in stove flues, when the fire was re cleaned we filled the ashpan twice with soot- there should have been nothing if the job was done right the 1st time considering no fires had been light between the two cleanings.

Edit; extra info

I tried ring him back two or three times, and he did not answer.

Separately he asked to use the loo before he left, and in turn blocked our loo!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

I'd also recommend Tony, I'll PM you his details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Don't go anywhere near your man keogh. Same lad tried to con me mother out of a few quid when all she wanted was a chimney swept.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Try Sean Cassidy, I found him very good to be honest

http://cleancass.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nailors22

I highly recommend Sean Cassidy. He is quick and clean. He is one of roughly 6 in the country to use a method called PowerSweep. Very reasonable with price. The best in the business.

Sean Cassidy
    (086) 3748685
    (051) 851513

Www.cleanclass.com

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

my hubby does it pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Was just about to ring Keoghs! Does anyone have Tony Powers number?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

Would also recommend Sean Cassidy after using him few times and he is top class and very reliable in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

Would also recommend Sean Cassidy after using him few times and he is top class and very reliable in my opinion

• Advertisement

Yea I called Sean Cassid earlier on, he's coming around early next week. €30 to clean the chimney for an open fire. Will update again after the jobs done with results!

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Yea I called Sean Cassid earlier on, he's coming around early next week. €30 to clean the chimney for an open fire. Will update again after the jobs done with results!

Just an update on this. Sean was around during the week. Took him about 15 - 20 minutes to clean the chimney, great job, left the fireplace spotless. Sound fella as well, would highly recommend him. €30 in all for an open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LiamD1977

Same experience with Sean, Sound fella very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BonmahonHammers

+1 Sean Cassidy
    Had him round today €30 for a cleaning left the place immaculate top job in half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is it €30 regardless of whether its a bungalow or a two story house.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

have experience with both keoghs and sean cassidy...

Keoghs lads arrived with a nelfix hoover, and all they did as far as i could see was hoover the inside of the stove, no brushes or anything and left a big mess. Could not wait for them to leave (all these lads were missing was cowbo hats).

The year I got Sean Cassidy , lovely chap, did a great job and also gave me advise about a part that would benefit my stove, really know his stuff and left
    the place spotless.

danjo-xx wrote: »

I'd say so, mine is 2 story. I have an open fire so dunno if it would be different for a stove.

danjo-xx wrote: »

I'd say so, mine is 2 story. I have an open fire so dunno if it would be different for a stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

I just had Paul Hurley (087 9790952) clean my insert stove chimney this morning. We had the Keogh fella clean the chimney in September THIS YEAR and I happened to mention that he was very reasonable to a pal of mine and he said that the same fella WRECKED his stove when he "cleaned" it. So anyway we started lighting the stove and we weren't getting nearly the heat out of it that we got last year, so I bit the bullet and got Paul in on my friends recommendation. He took a sack of soot out of the stove and couldn't believe that the Keogh fella had only cleaned it a months worth of fires ago. Keogh is a DISGRACE and shouldn't be allowed to trade, I think he only did to my stove what he did to another posters - hoover the inside of it. Paul did a great job and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him, he has invested in his trade and has all the equipment needed to do the job properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

hi there my hubby does it pm sent

Advertisement