Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭phog

Oh no here we go..

Zebo is now being compared to North :rolleyes:

Where :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭chancer12

You don't have a clue about Madigan!

1) He has shown he can kick. Watching rugby regularly may not be something you do, but you may be interested in checking out who was kicking for Leinster last weekend.

2) Madigan played in nearly every H Cup game for Leinster this season and started one. He played excellently throughout. Keatley is the one who can't get near the H Cup side, despite being behind a 35 year old.

Madigan is a far more talented player and a much better prospect as well. Keatley on the other hand has been very poor recently.

Am a huge Madigan fan and he should certainly be brought up to train with the squad but its far too early for him to be getting a senior jersey. He's really stepped up to the mark for Leinster but leave him with Joe for the rest of this season before Kidney destroys all his flair!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

IRFU update:
    POC out for 3-6 weeks with knee ligament damage
    Murray out for 2-4 weeks with bruising to knee joint
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/25806.php

What's DOC and Ryan like as a 2nd row pairing for Munster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

POC and Murray out for rest of 6nations, TOL and Mike Mc Carthy called up

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Who will be captain for the rest of the tournament?

Best I guess

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    TOL
    Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Ryan for DOC.
    Marshall to bench for Murray (if he is not gona play), Reddan to start
    D Kearney for Trimble

I'd even look at Bowe and Earls swapping spots, McFadden for D'arcy (if he is not gona play). Earls is a better winger than 13.

I wouldn't change the back row although if all are playing at 50 mins I'd bring Heaslip or Ferris ashore this time for POM. POM to 7 and SOB to 6 or 8 depending on who comes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Uh oh, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭phog

Best will be captain but that's a huge loss for Ireland, especialy been down BOD. Two great players and leaders out for the remainder of the 6Ns games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Ryan for DOC.
    Marshall to bench for Murray (if he is not gona play), Reddan to start
    D Kearney for Trimble

I'd even look at Bowe and Earls swapping spots, McFadden for D'arcy (if he is not gona play). Earls is a better winger than 13.

I wouldn't change the back row although if all are playing at 50 mins I'd bring Heaslip or Ferris ashore this time for POM. POM to 7 and SOB to 6 or 8 depending on who comes off.

Why? Bowe is in the form of his life on the wing, why stick him in midfield?

Earls is dong fine anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

TOL - sound.

:pac:

Who will be captain for the rest of the tournament?

Best I guess

Give it to Jamie.

got to laugh at TO'L's inclusion.

Does he have photos of Declan in a precarious position?

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Why? Bowe is in the form of his life on the wing, why stick him in midfield?

Earls is dong fine anyway

Tommy needs to see more ball and Earls is much better out wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

POC gone from the next two games, disastrous.

TOL getting called up is beyond laughable. He's in the 22 now because there are no other SHs in the squad. Pathetic.

Declan Kidney is class

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Who's captain now?

This is going to sound harsh, but I'm trying to be pragmatic here.

DOC gets picked supposedly because "POC gets the best out of him". Now that POC isn't involved, should our 2nd row contribution be

4. Ryan
    5. Tuohy
    18. McCarthy

I have no idea what DOC brings to the table ahead of these guys.

Tomás O'Leary's selection is hilarious. But to be honest, he's probably going to be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,057 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Murray take note - none of this being stretchered off nonsense.

POC took his knee injury like a boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

So TOL goes from not even being in the squad to starting against Scotland...anyone willing to bet against that?

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Murray take note - none of this being stretchered off nonsense.

POC took his knee injury like a boss.

I reckon if POC broke his leg on the pitch he wouldn't notice till the dressing rooms after in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I know this whole percieved "Munster bias" of Kidney is mostly a way for over-enthusiastic Leinster fans to stir crap with Munster fans, but with Kidney calling TOL when Boss and Marshall are available, it makes you think..

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

Best will take over as Captain I presume. And after that Heaslip I'd imagine??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Disaster.

Who'll be captain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Where is Boss??

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

Jesus

Is that fella making another comeback ??

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

Boss is in NZ for personal reasons apparently, otherwise i'm guessing he would of been called up.

This is going to sound harsh, but I'm trying to be pragmatic here.

DOC gets picked supposedly because "POC gets the best out of him". Now that POC isn't involved, should our 2nd row contribution be

4. Ryan
    5. Tuohy
    18. McCarthy

I have no idea what DOC brings to the table ahead of these guys.

Tomás O'Leary's selection is hilarious. But to be honest, he's probably going to be okay.

Is Tuohy close enough to get a run?. Didn't think he was. I'd give him a go with Ryan. DOC has been poor for too long and getting away with it. Yes you sometimes see him hold a guy up in a tackle with Fez or POC but apart from that he brings nothing, esp ball carrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

It can't be DOC/Ryan. We'd have no lineout.

Edit - why is there a smilie yoke above my post?

• Advertisement

Tox56 wrote: »
    I know this whole percieved "Munster bias" of Kidney is mostly a way for over-enthusiastic Leinster fans to stir crap with Munster fans, but with Kidney calling TOL when Boss and Marshall are available, it makes you think..
    I like to think of myself as borderline objective. I don't see myself as a leinster nutter. I think Kidneys bias is impossible to deny and there are plenty of examples every year. This is just another one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement