Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France V Ireland – Stade de France, Paris. Sunday 4th March 15:00 RTE2 & BBC2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Tommy Bowe MOTM but Kearney was immense again today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Higher wrote: »
    Of course it will, that was a terrible result. France rarely play that poorly at home and Ireland didnt even put them to the sword.
    Yet our penalty count was nearly double that of France's! Healy shoulda been sin-binned, which prob wouldn't have allowed for Bowe's 2nd, which got a very lucky bounce after making the wrong decision, and it was only a terrible pass the got his 1st! Other than that we never ally got close to scoring another!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Kearney deserved man of the match today, he was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Why are people happy with a draw? winning is everything! When you sat down to watch the game did you say hope we get a draw? Will the players be happy with a draw? NO. im fed up of this mentality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

For people saying Pearson was harsh to Ireland keep in mind we should have been down to 13 when we scored our second try.

He's never one sided, he's blind in both eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Where's our discipline gone ? Why didn't we go for a drop goal at the end ? Embaressing 2nd half offensive display

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Gutted with that result but very proud of the lads

Few soft penaltys cost us along with 2 or 3 poor lineouts, especially the one where we were camped in on the French 22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Pearson was shocking

France were given free rain at the break down while we were pinged for the smallest infringements

We were done for holding on yet when we robbed ball we physically had to rip it from the player holding it on the deck

not to mention the dodgy line-out call and the fact that the french bacline were constantly a metre off-side

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Officiating was rather woeful today, but luckily it didn't really cost any team. Gutted with the draw but if you had told me last night we'd draw I'd probably have eaten the head off you!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

ricero wrote: »
    Where's our discipline gone ? Why didn't we go for a drop goal at the end ?

Because the ball slipped out of one our players hands in horrible conditions?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

ricero wrote: »
    Where's our discipline gone ? Why didn't we go for a drop goal at the end ? Embaressing 2nd half offensive display

Huh?

Sexton/O'Gara are handy at the drop goals but there aren't many I know of that can take a drop goal from their own 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

We couldn't match the intensity of the first half sadly. It's a pity we can't play consistently like that because win or lose it would be fantastic to support Ireland. Right now I'm just frustrated.

Pearson was shocking both ways.

No chance Healy should've stayed on pitch. Could've lost D'Arcy for an offside in the "red" zone too.

The problem with Blind Dave is that he's just rubbish altogether, not biased, just ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Piliger wrote: »
    We had the game. We threw it away.

What a bunch of absolute losers.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭twinytwo

All i can say even though it was a draw... where the hell was that first half against wales?????????????

Kearney was class as was bowe

Good performance from sexton,earls and pauley

The only qualm i have is SOB is turning into a bit of a peno machine... ie a younger denis leamy

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Super display
    Masterclass from Kearney
    but no cigar :mad:

Think Axel Foley has made a big difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The errors and decision making when ball was in hand should have cost us the match really. Kearney and Bowe were immense. Murray's injury looked very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I think our scrum really was excellent, Mike Ross is as important to this team as anybody else at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Kearney was incredible but for the 80 mins, Ferris was immense! Giving the motm to the try scorer is lazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Shame we didn't get the win, woulda put us in a good position or a blindside six nations, wales will likely take it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not normally one to complain about a referee but that has to be without doubt the most one eyed disgraceful perofrmance by a referee I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

FFS once again the provincial crap starts again. I wonder why I read this board...

We did not play at the same intensity in the second half and the French must have gotten a tongue lashing at half time becaused they upped their game.

That is why we got a draw...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Tommy Bowe: ''Nobody enjoys a draw.''
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Huh?

Sexton/O'Gara are handy at the drop goals but there aren't many I know of that can take a drop goal from their own 22.

Gert Peens. Anyone remember him? Monster drop goal in Lansdowne years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Great game and better than expected outcome (by real supporters) - worth watching for Tommy Bowe's contribution alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

Lost at least 3 of our own lineouts. One on their 5 metre line. That's criminal at any level.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mistakes from Ireland cost the win tbh - Heaslip knocking it on in the last minute, giving away kickable penalties, and not winning key lineouts, especially in the one inside the French 22

I think Keith Woods was right to call for O Gara at the 60/65 min mark, cool head used to closing out matches. Sexton, fantastic defensively, but it takes it out of you making so many big tackles - I was screaming at the TV for Sexton to drop back in the pocket and drop a goal.

Many positives to take from the game though - great displays from Sexton, Murray, Kearney, Bowe. No player really had a standout bad game, which is good. Defensively, last ten minutes was outstanding - which was a great positive from a coaching standpoint.

Disappointed, but need to take the positives out of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

Cormic wrote: »
    FFS once again the provincial crap starts again. I wonder why I read this board...

We did not play at the same intensity in the second half and the French must have gotten a tongue lashing at half time becaused they upped their game.

That is why we got a draw...

that & pearson, he was very kind to the frogs in the 1st half & nearly as nice in the second.
    btw I'm not from any province, I live in France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ofcourse we're lucky for Pearson not to send Ciano off.

But it was the basics that infuriated me. We got pinged for going off our feet in the first half and then the French would be flying in from deep off their feet into the rucks and he didn't give us ANYTHING. I can name 5 different moments off the top of my head alone where France were not pinged when they should've been.

The knock-ons from France that also went 'unnoticed'. He is seriously bad a ref.

Advertisement