Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France V Ireland – Stade de France, Paris. Sunday 4th March 15:00 RTE2 & BBC2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Despite myself I'm looking forward to this game and if we lose I hope we go down fighting. 11/4 on Ireland looks a good gamble - for me anyway. :D

C'MON IRELAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭JRant

We must be within a score at halftime to have any kind of chance. If France blitz us in the first 30 then we won't have the ammo to haul back a deficit.
    Agree 100%, i'd also say need to start getting the scoreboard ticking over on a more regular basis. All to often we seem to only score in fits and spurts lately.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I feel a Jamie Heaslip try is happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I know it won't be funny to all the people who were at SDF 3 weeks ago but... weather forecast in Paris expects snow ... for tomorrow. Thought it would have been quite a bad joke from the weather to bring some snow during the game this afternoon.

Anyway ALLEZ LES BLEUS ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The sheer dislike (is hatred too strong a word?) for everything O'Gara Heaslip from a certain contingent really makes one wonder how they endured watching the national team before Sexton came on the stage.

FTFY.

People in glass houses...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Teferi wrote: »
    FTFY.

Yes because I'm still banging that same drum... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The sheer dislike (is hatred too strong a word?) for everything O'Gara from a certain contingent really makes one wonder how they endured watching the national team before Sexton came on the stage.
    Everyone here knows you are a oneeyed munster fan but you still often come up with usefull thoughts so could you do me a favour and answer me this.

Do you think ROG is the player he was two or three years ago.

He has always been something of a flawed genius, and he has his good points but to my eyes his best talent has declined over the last few years giving up about seven eight meters in terms of range from the tee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Teferi wrote: »
    FTFY.

I don't understand that viewpoint personally.

While Heaslip was underwhelming in the WC, he has been very good in the 6N so far.

I was at the Italy game, and thought he should have been MOM or at least a Top 3 with Kearney and POC, only to find people criticizing him on Boards.

He might not be making barrelling runs as much as usual, but he more then makes up for it with his work at ruck time. Made some crucial steals against Italy, and IMO it maks no sense to drop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Heaslip was doing the exact dame during the world cup, which is why he led the team in turnovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Here goes hook in full 'we cant do it' mode.

• Advertisement

AHH!!

Being stuck in BBC land kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

George Hook is great.

He's basically saying he wants the ride from Pamela Anderson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

come on france its time to give us irish a wake up call and realize we are the 4th best team in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Ferris looks pissed off in his interview... Hopefully he takes it out on the Frenchies!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Heaslip was underwhelming in the WC?

He had the highest turnover count!

This is getting odd.

When Heaslip goes on barraging runs then hes a show pony and he doesnt do the infamous 'dirty work'

When Heaslip turns into a work horse on the ground and gets the most turn overs of the entire team then he is labelled Houdini and out of form.

DOC for years was praised for his 'unseen work' despite never coming out in top figures in the turn over count. Heaslip does and yet apparently hes anonymous and deserves to be dropped.

Something very odd is going on here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I think the best thing to do when playing France, especially in France, is not to expect too much. That way we will not be too disappointed if we get battered. The first 10 minutes will be crucial. Fingers crossed we can get a good performance from the lads. Come on Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

No matter what heaslip does it will never be good enough

Kidney says we need to cherish the ball. Hopefully that doesnt mean standing around looking at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

COME ON IRELAND.......AAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

I have a feeling we are going to win 18-12 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Every time during the anthems so far, I have just looked with incredulity as DOC lines up, wondering how is he there. How?

Gwan DOC murder them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

17-17 draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I am hoping so much for a good performance. I cant say what i would like to say to those irish 'fans' on here who are actually hoping to lose without getting banned from the forum.

Do us proud boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Scoreless draw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Why did Pavel Nedved take the kick off?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cmon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

I had a dream where I was watching this game last night! We were winning by 1 point in the 2nd half!!

Also, O'Brien was kicking (and missing) penalties :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

France by 15-20 i'd say. :(
    C'mon Ireland. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Come on Ireland !!!!!!!

Advertisement